SBMM

Well, the first few days of sbmm, I was enjoying it. I was getting into mostly chill games as both survivor and killer. I happen to be a player that isn't all trat competitive, and mostly plays to chill. Well, that only lasted a few days. Now, no matter who I choose as killer, even as someone I don't normally play, I get put up against the sweaty, meta running swf that can have 10 gens done in one minute. And as a survivor, all my teammates are players picking up a controller for the first time against a sweaty, meta running killer! I know I am not the only one having this experience. Great job, BHVR. Great job. IU hope you are proud

Comments

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2021

if you want to 100% avoid sweaty players, the best thing to do is hook everyone once and then chase and slug until they all escape as killer. On survivor I would assume you would have to die early, but then you don't really get BP or a chance to play. I have done this on Blight seeing I had never played him before MMR, and I keep getting new survivors. I just practice and let everyone live.

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

Hardly anybody was for it! Everywhere I looked, I saw people begging for it to not be implemented. Of course, the devs didn't listen.

• coaltrain503

Yeah, but there is really no fun in that. My biggest concern here, tho, is the unbalance in matchmaking now. Constantly seeing killers/survivors with 80 hours going against the opposite with 9,000 hours. Theres no way their sbmm is as balanced as its claimed to be

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

If you played chill the that means you didn't 3 or 4k. If you did 3 or 4k then you did not play chill to the survivors you were against and thus ranked up.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

What is the difference? You just don't hang them up for the third time in a row. How does that magically make the game less fun?

• coaltrain503

Look, I have nothing against people playing this way. You want to? Go ahead. But personally, playing like this doesn't appeal to me. I am just trying to point out flaws in this system tat I am witnessing. There is no reason for survivors/killers that are just now picking up this game, to go against the opposite side who has been playing this game for several thousand hours.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Same bad experience with killer. Survivor is still going extremely well.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

Same. Like a switch was flipped from casual to GGEZNOOBBABYKILLER!

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

This. Same.

It was good before. Almost great! What the fog happened??

• Gryzelda
    Gryzelda Member Posts: 72

Good to know that I'm not the only one.

As a survivor I'm getting baby teammates. They are healing against NOED, doing gens when the killer has devour, they are bad at looping etc.

But when I'm playing killer, I'm getting god survivors. They know how to loop, 99% sprint burst and doing gens very fast. Oh, right. I'm getting those survivors when I'm playing bubba or wraith (I played as them maybe 3 times?) So gj bhvr.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited September 2021

Maybe there aren't enough sweaty killers to go around for these sweaty SWF's, so all of the SWF queues just get matched with any old killer just because they've been waiting too long?

This can't be the case though, because I get matched with sweaty killers as survivor, and I only solo queue (which means I'm mediocre at best, not sweaty)

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited September 2021

What are you talking about? The majority wanted it. It works better than it's predecessor.

Players now have to work for the rewards. They no longer get them handed them on a silver platter.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

If you kept killing people, the the trials weren't exactly fair. And you can't MMR up if you're not killing most of your opponents.

I have also MMR'd up. And down. Just let yourself lose, it's no big deal.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Same. Played solo, it was good and then BOOM! Every killer was either a god at the game or a sweat lord (hard tunneling, slugging at 4 gens, best add ons and the best gaming chair money can buy) decided to play with my swf (3 sometimes 4 man) again couple days were good, did aura builds, or autodidact builds then same thing happened. Couldn't use my builds cuz it was camp, tunnel, slug city. Stuck sitting there, "well, I could use UB, BT, DS, Adrenaline?" Or perhaps gen rush build, but I've gone 4 years without running that (it's okay if you do, I just like changing it up) and I don't plan to start... So long story longer, we all quit the game.