Solution How To Recognize And Ban Strechted User

2»

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

1 - Add FOV slider up to 95 degrees

2 - Fix camera position so it cannot give an advantage with stretched

Easy fix that makes the game better. No need to ban people.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

I don't know how to quote just one sentence but I'm responding specifically to your comment about about how a 4:3 isn't the same as playing stretched. Maybe I'm confused, but I'm playing with the settings right now and I'm really quite sure that's all there is to it. See here I'll show you three pictures. One of them is demonstrating the game just forced to a 4:3 resolution, and then 4:3 with the image forced to go from end to end on a 16:9 monitor. They look identical.

The third picture is just a standard 16:9 resolution. The 1st and 2nd look identical in FOV to each other, and the 16:9 obviously just looks closer to the character.

I'll even show you pictures taken on my phone, there is no FOV increase between forcing it full screen to maintaining aspect ratio. It just makes Legion look fatter and all the elements wider, but the FOV is the same.

Like seriously all I did was change my resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1440. It wasn't a hard feat, it took me like 20 seconds. I hardly think that should be a bannable offense. This isn't on the level of hacking or using aimbot or whatever. It gives an advantage but like... if you really wanted that advantage so badly why not just do it yourself?

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2021

In order for them to implement something to ban people for strecthed res, they'd have to make stretched res bannable in the first place. They have said before stretched res is not a bannable offense.

There's also the issue that if someone was using a non 16:9 monitor, they would effectively get banned for simply existing.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Please! I'm tired of ppl getting away with it, it's been too long already.

Love these ideas, simple and effective.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

Banning people who use stretched Rez isn't really fair because you don't know why they use it or if they're forced to use it

But however people who do use it have a advantage to be able to see over objects and off screen the view on killers and survivor should be limited more

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Or maybe everyone is getting tired of the constant zealotry on both sides when the reality is just that simple: Just fix the game so that resolution changes don't completely blow out the field of view like that. This is the only game I've ever played that really has this sort of resolution to the degree.

• EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 2

Earned my vote :)