How has MMR affected your playtime?

I am more curious about high MMR killers, but everyone can feel free to answer.

I would guess high MMR would lead to more burnout and less time spent in the game. How has MMR affected the number of games you play on average? Play more? Play 25% fewer matches than before? 50%? Quit?

Comments

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I play about 30% less, my lack of faith in the MMR likely plays into it, though mostly I'd blame the queue times, which force me to play between 7pm and 1am, if I want to find a game without too much waiting.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Well, I play A LOT less Freddy which is my only high mmr killer. Otherwise, about the same.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,475

Well, not at all.

I had already left DBD prior to its introduction and haven't returned yet.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I play a lot less because I am a high mmr killer. I'm being punished for being good at the game by having to face sweaty swfs every game. It's just not fun to have to stress that hard to win...

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,171

Playing a lot less. I would average about 50-60 hours in 2 weeks time before. Now I'm around 25-35hrs.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Played about 5 hours a day, to complete stop. In 4 years I've taken a day or two break, but never complete uninstall, I'm done kind of break.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited September 2021

While my experience with solo survivor has been a pleasant one, I haven't touched killer but once since the SBMM went live.

I've already told this story in a few other threads, but my first two Killer matches with SBMM were the two sweatiest matches I have ever played. Now bear in mind I play more survivor than I do killer anyways, so my MMR rating for Doctor and Pyramid Head (and just killer in general) would not be that high, but somehow I was pitted against clearly high ranking players.

I don't ever want to sweat that heavy ever again. Because of that I haven't touched killer since.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I just uninstalled the game. Got to rank II and couldn't play casually. Hoped up on Nurse and Spirit and had to deal with a lot of salt. Got to rank 1 and realized I wasn't having fun.

Was having to sweat and deal with so much salt, that I simply refuse to make a YouTube video telling my viewers why I quit playing.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Honestly I played more survivor recently

It's becoming 50/50

But I'm low ranked and haven't done much to increase it

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

Playing less, having less fun, and considering moving on. I wish there was a game that would completely take me away from DBD right now.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I've just about quit it takes over 10+ minutes to find a match then I get survivors way better than me. You would think my mmr lower but 5-10 matches the survivors are way better than me and 1-2 matches after its baby's i stomp then boom back to the crazy good survivors.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I don't play as much killer because of queue times. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm willing to commit if the queue times aren't nearly instant.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I've been playing less, maybe I'm just burned out from the game and I need a break. Today I only played 3 matches and I got bored. I don't think the new MMR has much to do with it.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Increased my playtime for survivor. Heavily decreased my time with killer not because of the matches but due to how long it takes to find one.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I kept going until I finished the rift since I wanted stuff from the paid track and I don’t buy rifts until I’ve gotten all the cell rewards, but at this point I’m seeing myself back way off from the game. Gotten back into a different favorite of mine, Tales of Maj’Eyal, that’s about as punishing as DbD but PvE which makes it a lot less rage-inducing when it smacks you down and tells you to start over. Matches are just less fun right now. My super casual SWF group that plays on Sundays has two of the members of that almost ready to drop that part of our routine because they’re not having fun anymore. Doesn’t bode too well for my playtime in the near future…

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I think I'm now gonna start taking a break from DBD cause it's boring vsing the exact same builds that are full meta, the same killers, the same strong teams, and I can't have fun playing either side now :(

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

PLAYTIME:

I play less, mostly in the evenings when queues are better

PLAYSTYLE:

Doctor, Spirit, Wraith (with allseeing), Bubba (with camping)

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I'm currently bored of DBD, I don't know if it's because I grinded this tome so hard or because of the new system, but lately I've been playing a lot of Sims 4 and Valorant.

I recommend (if you haven't) playing them for a bit, especially Sims 4 as it's like the complete opposite to this boring game.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

I'm ######### done with BHVR. They don't listen to their community whatsoever.

[this comment will be edited by BHVR]

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

This is it for me, pre MMR I could get a game as killer quite quickly now it's just easier to play something else

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

It hasn't - still play/stream 30 hours a week.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Much much less killer, much much more survivor. Surv is actually pretty fun with good teammates, also always insta queue. Killer queues can still be 5m at peak hours for potentially a ######### map, aswell as the fact that while you can win, you have to sweat really hard and just bring slowdowns to do so.

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

Been starting to play FF8 again instead of playing DbD in my spare time. I can't be asked to wait 10 minutes for a match just to sweat my arse off in a casual game.

When I play DbD now, I started to play more survivor even though I dislike the survivor gameplay. But I nowadays prefer the (in my opinion) less appealing but instant and chill gameplay to 10 minutes of waiting and sweating.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited September 2021

I stopped playing more or less.

Mostly because a lot of my dbd friends stopped playing because of MMR and i'm currently not motivated to play killer (although this already slowly started 2 or 3 months ago) or solo.

I haven't de-installed yet, i hope they're maybe coming back or my motivation to play killer is coming back. Last time i tried killer i had a 15 minute lobby wait time.

But i'm also not mad if it just stops here, it was nearly 2 years of intense gaming and i had a good time.

It's just, you know, when you're not into it so much anymore and you're occupied with other problems already, it becomes harder to deal with all the BS this game and other players are throwing at you.

I'm still looking into the forums almost daily, just to keep up with the news and possible updates.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Used to be able to play everyday for 3-6 hours straight

Now i play only every 2-3 days for 3 or 4 hours

MmR is bad, my killer games became unenjoyable, my survivor games are so bad even my friends dont wanna play much more (and i beg them to so i can do a fiew stats that ill post)

Game is unbalanced in many ways and MMR only shows it even more