Do Killers find the new MMR fun?

Desh
Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Killer main here:

Been playing the MMR for a while now and though seemingly the MMR is working since I am now paired more often with skilled Survivors or SWF's, I'm honestly not having that much fun. I'm extremely happy that I'm not playing against a bunch of baby survivors who die within the first 2 mins with no gens done. But trying to play casually just feels impossible. I have to actually try and sweat if I want to take down a team before they get 4-5 gens done within 4 minutes. Not really much time to play or experiment with new builds without getting absolutely smashed.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have the best of both worlds. If I want to chill , I have plenty of low mmr killers. If I want a challenge, I can pick Freddy. So yeah, I kind of like that.

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143

Not exaggerated, Survivors average over the gaeme in ten minute on Japan and Korean severs.

Survivor like work monster rush gen and rush gen.

I dont know survs thinking.

Is it fun?

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134

I like it a lot, I play casually and I get matched up with players who still challenge me and make the game fun. I finally feel like I don't have to always pick the killers I'm insanely good at, I can just have fun being bad.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I'm not sure how I feel about it. On brand new killers I feel it doesn't even factor in that. I get matches against sweat squads where I barely got 1k. On killers I play a lot and it has data for my rating it's the same as before sbmm. If I prestige a killer I use frequently it till puts me against high mmr. I have 3 friends that uninstalled the game since sbmm was introduced.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

If you haven’t been on these forums in the last couple weeks, they’ve been full of threads complaining about MMR. A lot of people seem to hate it. I and a few friends haven’t played at all in over a week. My homie who’s a god-level killer has only played a few games. I know MMR is designed to improve retention of noob players, but I wonder how the playtime of the top 5% has changed in the last 2 weeks.

• I like it. As a casual player, my matches feel way fairer.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,227

I don't like sitting in the queue for 5-10 minutes when my pre-MMR queue times for killer were pretty much instant.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

With sbmm i played a lot at the start but now i cant play more then 2 match a day

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2021

I literally had the quickest match today, have no idea how they could be done so fast. I normally complain at 5 minutes completion, this must have been 4 or less as they all split onto different gens. There was no way I could protect them all.

Still got a 2k, one in the basement that I unfortunately had to tunnel on final gen, and egc killed the other.

I am either getting way too easy matches or way too hard, there has been no inbetween for me.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Hm. I'm actually very confused how this MMR system is supposed to be working. I played killer for about 2 days straight; I played my main killers and I got teams that were very good. Very good. Maybe even better than me in terms of skill but not godlike. Then I decided to play a killer I never actually took time to get better with or learn because you know how it was with the old rank system being a purple / red rank killer trying a new killer for the first time...

Anyway.

I decided to dedicate a whole day playing Doctor. Some of my first games were against most likely players who were not pros and geared more towards noobs who just installed the game and I felt terrible for wiping them out so fast. I got better with Doc, learning the timing of the shocks then I go for a bathroom break while I queue up come back (which was one of the only times it was a super fast queue time) and find in the last few seconds I'm versing a TTV and this group were practically godlike, I got mega nuisaced by the TTV who was playing the fossil Bill Overbeck. I did what most killers would do with a clicky and clicky and ignored him, trying to go for the others who were admittedly, easier targets despite them all being really really good and out of my skill level I felt like. I barely get 4 hooks when they 4 man escape. I doubt it was a full 4 man swf because only the TTV seemed to be the one flexing while the others were just chill.

It's not so terrible as I thought it'd be. I thought I'd be going against bully squads back to back but no, just more stressful overall. I do see a difference from before but eh, I kinda don't pay much mind to it. I need to not care how things turn out or go if I want to enjoy the games.

One thing that has been consistent though is the ones around my skill level are all splitting up on gens so by the time I get a down, one gen has popped with 2 being worked on.

Is it fun? Sometimes. Most of the times? More stress headaches than it's probably worth.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

I don't think new MMR is fun for killers. It's an actual sweat fest, cause mostly u meet swf since people gather up and start grinding their MMR and it's very frustrating to play weak killer vs swf. Don't know how it feels with strongest killers.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Idk cause since the MMR dropped I haven't been able to get in a game as killer at all due to the ridiculous long queue time. I start a game to actually play and not to wait for 20+ minutes to find a match.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

If you are a decent killer, you can't play not sweaty and expect to do well as often anymore. You have to try and play to win.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,100

As a killer, I don't really notice much of a difference. Before MMR, I was rank 1 killer and faced red ranks every game. After MMR, I am probably playing against the same people.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Don't you love trying to play a new killer and the survivors understand them better than you. I also tried oni for the first time and got a bunch of survivors that I would of struggled against with a killer I knew well.

• EvilJoshy

I think the SBMM puts you in the global average when you play a killer it doesn't have enough data on. Meaning the first time you use a new killer it has nothing to go on. So it puts you in the average hoping that's close enough.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Hate it, I'm punished for being good

• Gamedozer7

I think my mmr is already to high i feel out classed 80% of the time plus I've heard there is only about a 200 difference between your best and since mmr is probably still wacked and not accurate yet(if ever). This is all my opinion though.

• EvilJoshy

It doesn't factor in playtime, perks, add ons, and more importantly. If the other team is in a swf or not.

• Gamedozer7

Like my level 15 legion going up against 4 full meta survivors was a great second legion game.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Well, my queue times are longer on pretty much every killer regardless of my playtime on them, so that automatically makes it less enjoyable. Sweat builds are far more common as are SWF, so yay. It's not that I can't perform decently well, but the process tends to be less enjoyable. I guess this is an excuse to master survivor I guess.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

It hasn't been the best thing that ever happened to me or the Scourge of God Himself

just pretty alright so far.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

nope

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Yeah, my matches have been great

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

Yes and no. I do enjoy to not get matched with absolute baby survivors who I demolish before they have even done one gen but I also don't enjoy having to sweat my a off every single game against try hard squads.

I mean I do enjoy the challenge from time to time but I don't want to face it in every single game since I play DbD for what it is - a casual game. If I wanted to sweat I'd play a proper PvP game like Starcraft or DotA.

This game is in such a weird state that I've actually stopped playing DbD for now because I don't want to sweat every single game (as I've already mentioned) and I don't want to wait 10 minutes for my queue to pop. 10 minutes of waiting time is just too much for me. I have very limited time to play games and I don't want to waste my spare time by looking at a queue screen. 1-2 minutes are fine, but 10 is atrocious.

And when I decide to play DbD I just play survivor most of the time now even though I don't even enjoy the survivor gameplay and prefer the killer gameplay way more, simply because I don't have to sweat as much and I have instant queues.

DbD should either stop trying to be competitive and focus on its casual gameplay or completely overhaul the game and make it competitive as many people want it to be. But right now it's just an abomination of both.

• Gamedozer7

How many do you think you play tell it seemed ok? I'm probably around 70 and still 5-10 way better than me survivors then 1-2 baby's and then back to the better than me. ######### is the middle ground were I belong?

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Idk, in my games everyone is pretty average, everyone loops no god players neither babies and i usually end up with 2k or 3k.

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

No, now every game is sweaty, on every killer. I don't mind strong survivors, but also worst maps are given and queues are too slow. I'll get back to playing killer when queue times normalize.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

I'm not finding the game fun, let alone SBMM.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185

It's ok, I lowered my MMR to a more bearable level and I am still hesitant on trying a new killer because the game still puts me against sweats. I don't want to face noobs but I don't want to go against the sweats either when trying to play a new killer, thanks.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

I can finally play battle trapper and not get genrushed in 3 minutes so mmr killer side is awesome, you can choose how hard the games are gonna be. Survivor side mmr is big oof

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I don't think it is possible to rank down as killer if one of the leaks are true. If you do bad the survivors don't rush fulfilling a requirement.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    edited September 2021

I either stomp or get stomped. I realized that the best perks you can run are snowball perks like corrupt, infectious, lethal pursuer, and get a hook very early, defend it and slug the rest. Otherwise gens fly even if you are good at pressuring survivors, they just split. If I want to win I have to play like this, and it's honestly not fun.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

If its true that the highest MMR killer you have impact the other, its time to loose with all of your killer for at least 20 matches Karu

• Maphusail
    Maphusail Member Posts: 41

The current state of DbD punishes killer for playing fair. You need to tunnel and camp if you want to be in time before SWF teams gen rush and escape.

That doesn't make fun.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

its hit or miss. a lot of games on my main killer (demo) become very boring since most survivors play incredibly safe, which is demos weakness

though ig its good bc i can play other killers that im awful at

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

No, mmr is absolutely terrible

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

I didn't notice much of a change tbh, only that the matches where I play killers that I rarely use are actually much easier for me to get a foothold in than before

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I mean I never "Win" many of my killer games...I just try to get a good chunk of bp.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

ngl the Killer wait times makes me want to pull out Resident Evil: Resistance again and go wait to play Mastermind. Same wait time, better playing experience even if you lose.