Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you play and why? (Survivor/Killer?)

If you play survivor, why so? If you play killer, why so?

I just wanna see why people play the sides they do, I'm mainly killer because I just like the killer side of the mindgames and the process of dealing with gens, being that offensive-defender, how bout you?

Comments

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Mostly Killer because I've played too many team-based, competitive games and now I'm so sick of losing due to teammates I'll do anything to avoid that feeling.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Killer cause it always have been the funny role

The one where you do the most of things

But also the one thats saddly the more stressfull in the current game

But i like to not have to rely on bad teammates to do even the simple tasks and i love to use killer powers,

Also i like to play in a way that could make survivor have fun, even if they dont do the same for me

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I tried to play both equally but always was more survivor than killer, because I find it easier and its the only time when game is chill and fun for me.

I want to relax and have a good time after work so I play killer only during weekends or when I am in really good and fresh mood.

Also since MMR is out, my killer games are sweaty as hell, not to mention queue times are horrible so I have been playing survivor almost exclusively since the last update. But its getting really boring and dry ngl

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

I'm playing both.

Why i choose to play survivor - First of all when i bought a game i went into tutorial and found it's bad and doesn't teach anything i saw on YT. So i choose survivor cause it's 4v1 which gave me some confidence (i'm not alone) and i had some time to practice and learn basics while other 3 guys do whatever they do. Honestly it was terrible experience and i hated my first 30 hours which i mostly were grinding for perks to stop being potato. After i got my first perks i was satisfied with, fun actually started, because i forgot about grinding and neccecarity in BT and exhaustion perks like Sprint Burst. I had them both. I could hide, do gens, saves and be actually helpful to my teammates which significantly improved my games and i started climbing ranks. So far i enjoy playing survivor and compared to killer gameplay games are very chill. Only exception is when i face tilting babies who ragequit for unknown reason and ruin entire game.

Why i choose to play killer - U know, at the beginning i was kinda afraid to play killer cause it was 1v4 and i had no experience how to pressure people and what actually i need to do in certain situations, but i tried and pick for my first game Huntress (I rly don't like other killers, they are ugly). It was such a big surprise i didn't met 2k+ hours on my first game that i was happy no matter the result. And i end up with 4k which also impressed me. It was my starting point when i realized there's nothing to be afraid from and i started practicing. (Sad we don't have solo practice room and only experience u can get only in PvP).

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185

Killer, more blood points. I have an addiction.

must P3 EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I play Survivor because I'm a survivor main. I find survivor more fun and less stressful. And I like to run around the map doing dumb #########.

I play killer because Huntress is really fun. And because half of the killer roster is between really boring and painful to go up against lmao.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Killer because Blight go zoom

Survivor because Steve Harrington is the best character in ST

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Killer, I like the feeling of being in power. I only play survivor if it's with friends coz I get too stressed out in that role as I am not a very good survivor lol

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I like playing killer. I've never been big on teamwork and I always feel bad when I'm the problem on the team. I also get extremely mad when my teammates are the hindrance. I also feel like I do more stuff as killer then survivor.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Both. More survivor as my hearing and eyesight make killer difficult.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

I don't think I'll play either, anymore. This game has really worn on me, particularly the janky devs.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Mostly survivor since I prefer having teammates to complain about

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Since mmr mostly killer because you either have full swf or you'll never win a single game. With killer you can decide if you wanna sweat by playing nurse spirit or blight or have chill games. Lately i'm playing battle trapper (just chase perks and not using traps) and i'm having finally the time of my life with my favourite killer

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

There are lots of reasons. I hate teammates and I love iconic horror characters (and the survivor choices in game as sus beyond Ash which is like the weird TV show version of him and Jill, which we don't talk about).

Even from a gameplay perspective I much prefer kicking gens and breaking pallets to qte and dropping them. Chasing is easier than running away. I get to play the entire match instead of hanging on a hook hoping someone yanks me off of it. The killers all have unique powers whereas survivor is a reskin regardless of who you pick.

Heck, I even get more bloodpoints. As survivor, going itemless is kind of dull, but I hate wasting items. As killer, going add-on-less is fine. Most of the time.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    edited September 2021

I'm a solo Survivor, because playing Killer is just plain horrible the vast majority of the time but I am trying to play it a little more.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

I play both but I play more survivor than killer. Especially now SBMM is here and killer is far more stressful with it.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I play survivor because it's fun to play as the survivor to cooperate with other survivors and run from the Ugliest Hag Mains.

• I play killer because i'm sadistic.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I solo survivor main because it is, to me, the funnest way to play this game. When I'm not getting overly sweaty or cheap killers I very much enjoy myself.

The other third of the time I main Doc because he's a badass, because I'm good with him, and because killers (unfairly, in my opinion) can get 2-10 times the BP of survivors depending on how good or bad a match is for either side. Sometimes I also just feel like venting some frustration.

• Duskk
    Duskk Member Posts: 92

I play Killer. Survivor is too easy in my opinion, I don’t feel rewarded when I escape, the game is survivor sided and I enjoy a challenge. The dopamine boost from a good killer game is fantastic.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I make sure to play both. Playing survivor helps you play killer better, and vice versa.

My main goals as killer are to develop my skills as that killer, understand how they function and how things differ from other killers. This takes some time for trial and error, but more than anything I just like having a roster of game mechanics I know I can function within and discover emergent play with.

As a survivor, I will typically be running a challenge these days, or prioritizing a teammate's survival - I often end up a dedicated runner, to the point I get facecamped or given up on. I frequently score either the least or the most survivor-side, but almost never in between.. which I find amusing, at the least

Setting your own goals past kill/escape is one of the keys to success and happiness in this game.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401
    edited September 2021

I prefer solo because i like to do cooperarive actions and play the weaker role (i mean comparing them individually).

As killer I just play Huntress or Piggy. From Huntress I love her Lullaby and power. And regarding to Piggy I like to meme with survs and do the "boop the snoot". As killer, I start playing sweaty with good gen control perks, but eventually if I have much pressure I'll feel bad for them and start playing friendly.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

Here comes the trappeerr..... " Watch out for his traps 🎼

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

I play mostly killer, and I mean like 99.999% of the time. I've tried playing survivor and eh, honestly it's just not my playstyle. I personally can't stand it and find it both annoying and boring at the same time. On very rare occasions I'll jump on and play maybe one or two games with friends and tough it out for a bit before bowing out.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

ahahahah yeah i wish i could play trapper more often and even against good survivors

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I play killer cause I like to be solo

Then I play survivor when I get tired of playing killer

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

I play whatever character i dont have P3d yet currently working on survivors but then its on to killers

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I play Killer because I don't have any friends :(

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Both, survivor during the day, and killer at night. Cause, queue times.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I play both. Why not enjoy all it has to offer?

• stormy_
    stormy_ Member Posts: 208

i play as survivor meg . min . main

i kinda never play as killer .. i feel bad ruining people’s life