why playing dbd is no longer worth it?

Game after game, assassins camper and tunnel, the game of assassins, pure child rats that only like to roam and do nothing, not even chase, it hurts the vision of the game

Comments

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Play both sides equally and have a lot more than 100+ hours on killer and I don't tunell unless endgame where I need to secure kill if I didn't get to kill them mid match... And I play trapper, Demo and Pig sometimes plague and Freddy... So yeah no all the players I ever saw that do tunelling and camping whole match are so bad players in general and it shows during match too

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

when you don;t feel like chasing a survivor around a box for a full minute.

• justbecause

Nothing fair about tunneling and camping at least not for person on receiving end I'll rather play the game and lose than play starring contest because I failed at my skills against survivor who's more skilled than me it's not playing good Samaritan it's playing game properly for ur own fun and if u do find fun in basically not moving and starring at them than ur fun opinion is really strange let me ask do u prioritize win or fun?

• justbecause

You caught them 3 times by them not having ability to even move before getting back down wow ur so skilled dude gg

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Lol... They move, trust me. They have borrowed, decisive, and dead hard like 90% of the time. The amount of time it takes to kill them is almost not worth it. Almost. But once I get hit with Dstrike, there is no turning back.

• justbecause

But ur still targeting one person whole match the can't heal do objective and ds gives few metres of distance nothing else no matter even if they have all together ur targeting same person and ofc that person is gonna die at some point If she doesn't that would be biggest laugh of life

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

"Camp and tunnel is a must"

"Trying to have a fair match"

No. I think people with actual skill are gonna call you a bad player when you actively hurt your ability to pressure gens and do most scoring events in the match.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
  • ElusivePukka

Killer main, easily over 2,000 hours. Genrush isn't even real since the changes from the old days, tunneling and camping plateau your personal skill to the point you're as braindead as the NOED/Dead Hard-dependent, and some third thing which baby killers tout as a necessary strat despite being inherent evidence of something lacking from the player's arsenal.

• Deon_1
    Deon_1 Member Posts: 61

Post the killer(s) you mainly use and your perks , please . & don't lie either , you're anonymous .

• justbecause

I can give you mine if u want playing trapper and demo because they're fun killers my build is usually bbq, thana, enduring and brutal strength

And till this day having 1000+ hours on killer I have not tunneled or camped if I lost I rewatched my mistakes and do better as time goes with tunelling and camping not that u just cut urself of practice and learning how to do certain things but it's also very boring and downgrading

• NaigEtarip
    NaigEtarip Member Posts: 60

@justbecause

How is not fair?

Killer is as exposed to factors that they may dislike as survivor is...

• is playing video games at all worthwhile?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,570

Well...I don't know.

The game wasn't worth it for me anymore because it looked nothing like the game that I fell in love with back in 2018, but that has nothing to do with tunneling and other scummy tactics.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I always love these posts that are like

"play killer and u will understand why I can't play to have fun anymore"

Then someone who does play a lot of killer disagrees with them and they request credentials lol The game doesn't force you to play any kind of way and no matter how many excuses you give yourself, that isn't going to change. I could easily say play survivor for 100 hours without DS, BT, DH, SC, Unbreakable, etc. so "u will know my pain" but I get the sense that a lot of people saying the game forces them to play a certain way as killer have never played survivor without running those perks.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Baby killers? You must not have seen many tournaments, because even the most elite will tunnel someone out. 4k streaks? You bet they'll tunnel someone out. You calling Dowsey a baby killer? Ok.

• ElusivePukka

Pig, Doctor, Trapper, in that order, and frankly I don't use a set string of perks. I typically have 1 slow and three info perks, and all that's been historically and currently enough to keep my rank/grade up.

And yes, I'll happily call people who behave that way toxic and lesser. I'm not gonna be baited into naming and shaming, but when your following is based on how toxic you are, it's not because of your skill.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Don't even try with these guys... It's not worth it. They think tunneling and camping takes skill, lol. Nothing will change their mind.

• justbecause

Yeah true and I'm really sick of victim mentality instead trying to be better well shocking news for them tunelling and camping doesn't teach u anything whoops

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Child rats?

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

"Genrush isn't even real"

This is still more or less the same game as it was 11 months ago with Dead Hard being mega buffed and Vacuum pallets back into the game. There hasn't been any changes to gen speed, and I can still co-op with friends and kill all gens in under 4 minutes.

• ElusivePukka

Tru3 gets streamsniped by crazies all the time, even as people deliberately getting into his lobby, and it's technically possible to get a 20-22 second gen. He's not an example of typical play, and I stand by what I said kiddo.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

What are you on about? Nobody is talking about 20 second 3 man on gen. Thats not how you rush. You rush by spreading out 3 survivors with brand new part, and 1 dedicated chaser. Thats 3 gens done by the time the killer stops the 4th survivor with a flashlight who baits the killer to the closest T-wall. By the time you hook that person your 4th gen is likely about to be 50%. <---And this is an extreme scenario, but it still happens roughly 20% of the time at the tippity top of MMR. The other 40% are survivors in premades spreading out and spawning spread out. Get your first chase in and its 20/20 minimum, <---thats half a gen with no perks. And its also assuming the survivor is brain dead and can't lead a chase further than 20 seconds only pressing W. The average thing that happens is by the time you hook the first person 2-3 gens are done. I don't give a damn if you're the strongest nurse in the game, I hang out with that guy constantly and his games still get a 3 pop even if he goes 20/20. So miss me with that excuse. The only people that should be making excuses for this are the devs.

• ElusivePukka

Genrush. Doesn't. Exist.

A lack of map pressure allowing survivors to do their one task in the game isn't some sacred, secret art or forbidden technique, it's just bad game design. The idea that 'genrush' exists fosters the delusion that the issue is somehow laid on survivors, which is why I'll not tolerate it.

Your example is a killer being baited - the killer's fault. Your example is survivors spreading out and using the tools provided to them, a method recommended by the current mechanics of the game - BHVR's fault. The only time a 'genrush' could be real in this era of the game is if 2-man 25 second gens were the plan and able to be done with consistency - which, while possible, just isn't a thing without mitigating circumstance.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

Anyone who says tunneling and camping is only for low skilled players clearly has not gone on an 800-game 4K streak with mid-tier killers.

• NaigEtarip

@justbecause

Nothing fair about tunneling and camping at least not for person on receiving end I'll rather play the game and lose than play starring contest...

One more time.

How you determined that it's unfair if the person on the "receiving end" has choosed to expose himself to the intended game design?

• VikingWilson
    edited September 2021

It's not worth it because a killer can't turn around without gens popping and it's furthermore not worth it because BHVR doesn't listen to any-body; most especially their own community.

BHVR is ridiculous. I'm beyond done with their amateur bullshit. It's been five years, Behaviour, it's been five years with Dead by Daylight and we're still dealing with garbage from year one! Get your ######### together.

Survivor animations are insanely choppy when all they're doing is nodding. Nodding! A survivor will nod and it looks like they're being uploaded from a 56k dial-up modem, BHVR. Get your ######### together! It's offensive what you're doing.

You're charging $15 U.S. for particular cosmetics and you can't even make survivors' nodding animation smooth?

• justbecause

How did they choose to expose themselves exactly? Ur making no sense it's u who choosed to do that and don't blame anyone else for ur own suckage at the game...

• VikingWilson

Entitled survivors talking about old days. Those days are gone, killers nearly have to tunnel down someone to get a semblance of a fair game.

• NaigEtarip

@justbecause

Ur making no sense it's u who choosed to do that and don't blame anyone else for ur own suckage at the game...

Is about choice, right?

Well the first one is to keep playing the game, which exposes you and everyone else to features that might make own experience unpleasant.

Again:

• How you determined that would be fair if others did not tunnel or camp for everyone?
    • How you determined that would be fair to adopt a stance of responsability on making others experience more pleasant at the risk of own?

If everything you can bring is that they suck at the game. Well...

• justbecause

I've been playing this game way too long to know what kind of players tunnel and camp and it's always bad players who care about nothing but 1 kill they will rather not play and just stare at survivor than practice and learn even if it takes few lost games as I already said not that they just cut off themselves from learning and earning skills and practice but it's also very boring and downgrading and yes those players are bad when was the last time u saw streamers like otz camp and tunnel and he gets 4k 99% of time and u know why is that? Because the dude practiced and learned if he proceeded to do those "strategies" he would be still stuck at average killer skillful Player just like survivors who refuse chases and hide they will learn nothing but become even worse

And about ur question with how I know it's not fair? Well it's not everyone needs equal chances to play to be fair and u don't give them options imagine if someone could bodyblock u while u play killer and u can't move or play for 99% of game would u consider that fair from survivor side?

• NaigEtarip
    edited September 2021

I understand that you can think that Tunnelers and Campers are less skillfull players, but those strategies involve the most skillfull plays by survivors to get solved too.

Camping and Tunneling can lead to many memorable moments.

But think about it this way. They are game features that get "labeled" by it's community, becoming discussed for years.

How is that bad?

Anyways i wouldn't give negative connotation to others' choices as i know that they might just be trying to find how they can enjoy to play or just playing prioritizing their enjoyment as i do.

EDIT:

Forgot to answer to the fairness of the example, yes i think that anything that can happen within the intended design is fair.

If a killer bodyblocks a survivor for long time might be a banneable offense to not allow the game progress. So in that particular case i would say is not fair.

• justbecause

They can play how they want I never said they can't nor am I anyone important to stop them or for them listen to me it's just what I saw in those 3 years of playing it's always less skilful players same thing with noed I just can tell that killer has noed by his gameplay right away and never were wrong about it but noed isn't important it's just an example my perosnal opinion is that you need to go through fire to get to ur goal and achievement and I went that way and I'm glad I did tunneling and camping might be strategies and all that but it just says that you have no will to try and learn things it's same with any game for example I'm playing resident evil right? First gameplay I died 105939 times and second gameplay I didn't die once practice is all it takes and actual trying standing in one place doing nothing isn't it and will most likely shorten u for a real skills for a long period of time because with that u learn nothing I lost many times as well especially since I play trapper and demo but I kept going and I'm 100% better at it