Spine chill is one of the best perks in dbd change my mind?

Options

It's not *the* best but it sure is close to it I mean the amount of times this thing has saved me ...it's the one perk I always bring now I'm just in love

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

If you asked me this a few months back I'd 100% agree, now however I feel that it's an above average perk. Unless you're facing a stealth killer or Spirit, the perk isn't great and facing a stealth killer ain't too common. It is a crutch perk aswell (when I say that I mean it's something you'll get addicted to and find hard to play without in future).

I think there are much better info perks out there, but if you enjoy Spinechill then go ahead and keep on using it.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Wraith is the most played killer at least according to stats I found.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

Yeah I face Wraith WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too often. Multiple times per day. Him and Ghostface. From there it goes down to maybe twice, once, or not at all for all the other killers.

That said, I've been asking this and no one's really given me a solid answer: How does one really use Spine Chill effectively? Alright, I see the notice that the killer is near and looking in my direction, but how do I know what to do next? No way to know exactly how close they are, or which direction they're coming from. At the end of the day it's basically just an alert that the killer is (possibly) coming in your direction, right? Then what?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited September 2021
    Options

Nah, not really my job to change someone else's opinion of something.

Damn how i hate this lazy argument: "I think something something, so I dare you to change my mind". Most often without giving any reason why those people have these opinions themselves because they simply want the easy route of counterarguing other peoples reasons.

Not that i am interested in the reasons or arguments of the op, i simply hate this empty , lazy and provocative argument "change my mind".

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I agree. It gives you so much information and has no cooldown or limitations. And I'm totally not just saying this because it's my crutch perk and I can't play without it 😳

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

It saves me from my mates running the killer toward me and my gen out of nowhere cause they wanna gove me the agro

So its one of my favorite perks so far just for that reason

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Spine chill is really good. I mean you can vault faster. But i prefer resilience for that. Both use too many perk slots, so i drop exhaustion for it. Dont know if its worth it. Detecting killer is most of the time not useful, bc there are not many stealth killer, but maybe you finish a gen or an exit gate bc they look at you.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Spine Chill is probably in the top 5 best survivor perks atm, and while its nice to have good perks and a wide variety of them, I feel like its design is REALLY outdatted

People dont necessarily realize just how much information this perk gives, it provides safety to a survivor no matter where they are especially if they pair it with an exhaustion, why you may ask? Because they know when to start running, they know that if they start hearing a heartbeat and Spine Chill isnt staying on, they can stay on a gen. This part of Spine Chill Im fine with, what Im not fine with is it absolutely bodies stealth killers and perks, more specifically Myers and Ghost Face since its not like you can just look away, you are forced to look at a survivor if you want to use your power.

The only change I'd give to Spine Chill is to not make it work if the killer is Undetectable

• [Deleted User]
    Options

It will not stop Michael Myers moonwalking into you, so it's worthless.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

U know I'm using spine chills since beginning and never changed it for anything else and i can ensure u it's not best, but definitely must have if u play Solo.

Reason I use Spine Chills is terror radius in DbD work very very very very bad, If u are in building that has more than 1 floor and let's assume killer somewhere near u but on 1st floor and u are on 2nd, your heart beat will be so loud that u will struggle to find out where he actually is and is he moving away or searching for something or in chase.

With Spine Chills I'm like 90% sure what is happening around.

Only reason i would change Spine Chills for something else is if devs make music and terror radius more quiet, cause i struggle to hear anything else when killer is nearby.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

It is my crutch perk. I can’t play the game without it. Self Care used to be but I learned to use Inner Strength and Med Kits. I tried to give up Spine Chill but then all I get are Myers and Ghostface with a sprinkling of Spirit.

Also, since I’m bad, and can’t run while looking behind myself, it helps me in chase. The speed boost to repairing gens is also helpful when the killer is camping someone and I’m doing a gen right in their face.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315
    Options

I agree that it is a crutch perk, it gets harder and harder to go back to not looking for the perk to light up and run accordenly.

For me I will run it sometimes on my totem finder build to make sure I don't get grabbed and for the cleanse speed increase

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I can't play without it. I run it on everyone along with kindred.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Players who rely on Spine Chill a lot and making over-confident play easily get wrecked in my opinion.

However, for people who make right decisions and being cautious of terror radius and moonwalk approach, this will always be useful.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

This with sprint burst and quick and quiet and iron will makes for a nice you didnt see me working on a gen build🤣

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited September 2021
    Options

My issue with the perk is it overshadows Premonition in every way without a downside. I'm not going to say it's too good but considering its strengths its always been a viable perk that can be shoehorned into any build and work.

*Long range warning versus all killers who even if aware don't preemptively play around the perk which you can't always do unless it's specifically approaching a generator

*No downtime at all

*Still works while in chase

*Spine Chill is a reactive perk meaning you don't need to do anything to proc it - The killer will do it for you unknowingly

Meanwhile Premonition is just garbage and needs some love honestly. What's up with that long CD for the very vague / broad positional warning for the killer? If anything Premonition should be the perk that only trumps stealth and Spine Chill shouldn't affect undetectable or work while oblivious because it has 100% uptime.

My opinion of it hasn't changed either it's been like this since I've started playing early on. It just got better when it started working against undetectable killers.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Nah. It is pretty up there.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

You know instead of wasting a perk slot. I think I'll pay attention to my surroundings...