Queue question for fellow console players

Options
Gitamish0
Gitamish0 Member Posts: 26
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

I always see countless posts on this forum talking about insanely long queue times for killer, but I have yet to run into this issue regardless of what level I'm at. I see people talking about 45 minute wait times, and I assume most people on here play on PC. The longest I've ever waited for a game is 20 minutes max when I was playing at 4:00am EST on a Wednesday night, but usually I only have to wait 10 minutes max when I'm playing at pretty much any other time of day.

I'm just curious if any other console players here have a similar experience, or if y'all have been experiencing the polar opposite and what may be causing it. I play on PS5 with crossplay enabled

Edit/Clarification: Usually when I play at my normal hours I'm in within 30 to 60 seconds. Of the years I've been playing this game, the longest I've ever waited during "peak hours" was 10 minutes, but that instance was prior to MMR. I only get several minute queues when playing at unusual hours

Comments

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

10 minutes is LONG to wait for a lobby. Is it as bad as 45 minutes...No but 10 minutes is long and before Pinhead/MMR my Q time was near instant.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I find that 10+ minute qs plus 5 minute matches has made it not worth playing killer

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm on ps4 with crossplay off. Survivor until about 8pm is pretty quick while killer can be slow, then around 8pm it switches. I haven't had any of the 10+ minute waits everyone else talks about but that could be based on when I'm playing and the side I'm playing at the time. When survivor waits start to slow down is when I either stop playing or switch to killer because the random teammates I get are pretty terrible to play with compared to the rest of the time. I also stopped playing on weekends so don't know how waits are then.

• Gitamish0
    Options

10 Minutes is just the usual MAXIMUM, most of my games are within 30 to 60 seconds when I play at my usual time which is after I get off of work and start playing around 7pm EST, which I also assume could be considered within "peak hours" for the game. Just stating my maximums since a lot of people on this forum are making it sound like 30+ minute killer queue times are their normal. Me playing at odd times is when the 5+ minute queue times start to happen

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited September 2021
    Options

I'm on PS4 on the EU servers. My killer queues are pretty quick. Usually have a lobby within a minute. Though past midnight it starts to slow down.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I play on SA servers late at night (usually around 23:00 pm to 2:00 am) and my queue times are instant for killer and 3 minutes for survivor.

• RantGod
    RantGod Member Posts: 36
    Options

PS4 Killer main..

Lobbies are painfully slow, especially with crossplay off.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I play on PS5, crossplay enabled. I play a LOT due to current life situations, so I can often put in 30 hours+ a week, playing around 50/50 on the split. I have played at nearly every hour of the day -- I'll play in the late mornings/early afternoon, late afternoon/night time, and sometimes really early morning into sunrise, so I feel like I get the complete experience.

I used to get instant killer queues pretty much every time of the day until the console issues really got worse in the last several months. When I game was unplayable on most consoles after the RE update, things changed somewhat, but I saw a LOT less PS players than I did before. Even now, PS killers are far more rare than crossplay ones (who I assume are usually PC). I see far fewer console players playing against me as survivor (or with me, when I solo survivor) than I did before as well.

Currently, if I want to play killer in the early afternoon, wait times actually exist, though I've never come anywhere close to 30 minutes plus -- at MOST, I've waited 5-10 minutes during that time (survivor queues during those times are pretty instant). As I move into late afternoon, survivor becomes a wait and killer turns into pretty much an instant match -- that lasts through until mid-morning (3 AM or so), when the waits slowly start reverting back. I was playing at 5 AM my time this morning (I'm in the CT zone, NA) and I was waiting that 5-10 minutes again, while solo survivor was almost instant. FWIW, once I got past that 3 AM time, the survivors I ran into tended to be all 3-4 person teams, and REALLY good (my SBMM ranking should be giving me good opponents, so nothing strange there, but I've always noticed that the toughest competition I go against as either killer or survivor usually starts happening after midnight). The "casuals" aren't probably the ones playing once it gets to a certain hour.

I've heard stories about ridiculous wait times, but my experience hasn't see it -- again, just my own experiences and their context.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

If I play 12-7pm pst its at least 10 minutes q after 7 is about 5+. It use to take about 2-5 minutes during peak and instant after 7 now my q is longer than most my matches.

• Gitamish0
    Options
  • Gamedozer7
    Options

Less crazy mouse movements that are hard to counter with a controller. Thats about it.

• Gitamish0
    Options

Ah, makes sense. I usually just wait an extra second or two for them to stop before I go for the hit when they're doing that, but just spinning a little with them using Bubba's Chainsaw tends to be a good counter for that as well lol

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2021
    Options

Ps5 and Series X with crossplay on. Longest I have had to wait is 15 minutes as killer, but only once. I average around 5 minutes, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit less, up to 10 minutes. It's very rare to exceed this for me.

My survivor queue at any time of the day is almost instant at all times. I would say less than a minute on average.

Oh, I should point out that I'm from the UK, on eu servers.

• Gitamish0
    Options

Gotcha. Surprisingly enough, survivor tends to be the one that takes longer for me

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I have 10+ min queue times on killer since the update and it is super long.

To the point or not worth even playing killer, just to wait much longer to get much harder matches than before?

If you are okay with 10min queues then good for you I guess, but I have limited time to play after work and I am sure as ######### not gonna waste it in lobby

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

I play on NA west and my q times are usually 2-5 minutes on killer all day long. I play with crossplay on PS4. I've only played a few survivor matches since mmr was active, but they were all instant.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

When I had crossplay on it was when it was first activated. My waits were longer and the already bad console performance felt way worse with crossplay on.

Since you're on ps5 if you turn off crossplay you will only be matched with other ps5 players that also turn off crossplay. You will not be matched with both ps5 and ps4 because while both are playstations they are considered different platforms for crossplay. Since you would only be matched with other ps5 players that turned off crossplay your waits will probably be longer because not only do others need crossplay off but there are only so many that have upgraded to a ps5.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    Options

I'm getting instant lobbies as survivor and 5 minute wait for killer.

• RantGod
    RantGod Member Posts: 36
    Options

In my opinion? Yes. No crossplay means no PC users. Mouse & keyboard controls are far superior. As a console user, I prefer playing against other players with the same handicaps; however, it always takes much longer for games in my experience.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

I don't get 360 to often does happen. Sometimes there little movements they can make that is hard to counter on the sticks but I still play with cross play on.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

I've had little issue with it and am overall pleased with the times.

There is a similar pattern that, when I play as killer, the very first match of the session has a longer than usual lobby, but I wouldn't say it was any more than 10 minutes at worst (and even then I think that was just once). Then subsequent game wait times have been much quicker.