Ash IV killer vs Gold Rank SWF - INEXCUSABLE!

Options

The Matchmaking is this game is worse than it's ever been.

I'm being matched with people far above my rank EVERY SINGLE GAME both as killer and survivor!

You can't well expect people to enjoy getting curbed stomped every game.

Seriously people, stop giving BHVR money. They clearly have not earned it.

Comments

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I think the question is, what is a fair match to you? I'm pretty sure they intended the game to be balanced around 2k + 2 escape and I've honestly been seeing that in many of my games, be it Killer or Survivor. Teammate skill levels (for me) are currently a little better than before the new MMR as well.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

This has been my experience as well. Fairly even, lengthy, balanced matches (with the occasional aberration) resulting in what's usually at least 1 escape. Sometimes all, sometimes none. I haven't had a noticeably lengthy pattern of matches going strongly in one direction or the other.

• JamieARose
    JamieARose Member Posts: 31
    Options

Well it certainly isn't a 5 gen rush with 4 escapes inside of a few minutes where my only interaction with the survs is being harassed by the jerk with the flashlight.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

BHVR does not deserve money because you got matched with people of your same skill but who have played more than you in 10 days?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,432
    Options

I don't play killer very often anymore (mostly due to game performance on console) but rolled out my Piggy yesterday.

Randomly got Hawkins, and proceeded to get steamrolled. They all entered without items, but then I'm getting pallet blinded by two of them and all four easily looped me for ages. The only saving grace was they couldn't spin me I'd just stop and swing. But ended up only killing one, and that was due to them screwing around at the gates.

Then I see the tallyboard: im an Ash VI and they were all Red (two I and two III). One of them was streaming so I took a look. They were a four-man all on PC, although one had a broken mic. The streamer was pleasant enough and thanked me because they'd been waiting 33 minutes for a match, which I guess is why I was tossed at them.

Thank you matchmaking.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Outside of match recently, all of my killer games have gone great. Games are balanced well, sometimes I'll 4k while more often I'm taking 2-3 kills each game.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

In my case, for the first time in my life,

I have matches with people who DO know how to repair and looper. I end up crying with emotion in each game.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Grades are not ranks. The more you lose, the lower your MMR will go and then you’ll have better match ups.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

Grade reset was the 13th, today is the 22nd. Gold grade literally just means they've spent more time playing in the last 9 days than you have. Nothing whatsoever to do with skill.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

They should remove the grades from the end game screen.. This is not relevant information for the whole lobby

• JamieARose
    Options

Then there's no point to the current rating system.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

They really need to hide grades like they did the ranks during last mmr test. No reason to show them especially since they have 0 to do with matchmaking.

• JamieARose
    Options

What matchmaking? They haven't had a good matchmaking system EVER.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

I wish i had your matches then.

My games as killer are just about 7 minutes before the gens are done and gates are opened.

2 survivors on a gen and i push them off hit 1 only a few meters away, turn around and the other survivor is back on it.

Push him of and hit him and the injured survivor is in the meantime already back on it.

That's just an example of most of my matches.

On a very very rare occasion i don't see prove thy self and resilience in a match.

But other than that, those are 2 commen perks i see together with toolboxes and many haddonsfield offerings.

Yay fun matches for me.

And before someone gives me pressure gens comments, i do so.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

SBMM is basically the same system as the old ranking system, just with less information. I've noticed it suspiciously pairs me up with people of similar "grade" as I'm ranking up. If it was working as they said, the grades would be multicolored. We also didn't get the individual MMR per killer. Either that or it's totally busted. I get the same quality survivors, or even higher, when I play Huntress (played maybe 10 matches with her since I started 2 years ago) as I do on Doctor, Freddy, or Spirit which are my mains and maxed out.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I feel your pain, OP. Doesn’t matter if “grade doesn’t reflect skill.” Sure as hell feels like it. Point is, the sucky system forces him to take a lot of losses before “it figures ######### out.” Well, shouldn’t someone who hasn’t played a lot of killer yet be STARTED off at a low MMR first then move him up if he’s winning too much? As opposed to the other way around screwing him over? “Hey paying customer- get stomped and destroyed a few times before we figure out where you belong. This Gold SWF squad has been playing a lot longer than you, this looks like a good place to start you off. But don’t worry- has nothing to do with skill. Give us a couple of days to sort you out. BTW, Auric Cell packs are on sale and the store has new cosmetics…”

• JamieARose
    Options

What makes this sad is that I'm not even a noob and I'm pretty sure I'm getting matched with people who would be red under the old system where I was a low green at best. Then they have the audacity of accusing me of being a noob in chat.