when am i supposed to solve the lament config?

or is it just "grab it and keep ahold of it forever" thingy?

i haven't fought against pinhead that much but each time i have i've attempted to start doing the config (if i'm holding it) as soon as they pick up a downed surivor - but i'll always get halfway through it before he came's for my bald dwight's head

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I tend to try and attempt to solve the box when Pinhead picks up a downed survivor. Reduces the chance of him teleporting across the map to me.

Otherwise, the later I leave it then the fewer times the threat of a chain hunt occurs due to the time between solving it and the spawning of a new Lament Configuration.

• Sickerton
    Sickerton Member Posts: 77

I usually have two go-to's:

When he's about to carry another Survivor. I.E., when the Survivor has just been knocked down and is about to be picked up. Either he gets the alert right when he starts the pickup animation and will have even less time to hook and teleport, or he'll have to decide if stopping me is worth passing on getting a hook.

When I'm in a good area for looping, and he's actively chasing an injured Survivor who either isn't as good a runner as me or is closer to death hook. In this case, I am bait to take the heat off of someone who needs the breather.

Ideally I myself would want to be healthy in both situations of course. Doing so while injured is riskier, but depending on the situation may still be worth it.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

When he carries people.

Or when you really want to be chased.

• Potassium
    Potassium Applicant Posts: 49
  • JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Either when someone else is injured still in chase either when someone else is down on the ground, before the killer grab him/her.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Honestly i did not play against pinhead exept during the first day. But what i did is i was always solving the box the second i pick it up

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 185

Ive been playing Pinhead basicallty none stop since he came out. If you force a teleport out of me its a win for the team. The last thing you want is Pinhead catching you with it. Survivors do have a timer on how long they can hold it before they start getting chained which makes it very difficult to solve. So that being said the most sucess I've seen survivors have against me is to grab it and be line across the map away from me and solve while im in chase or before i pick up a survivor so i have to decide to finish the chase, hook the surv, or teleport. either way its good for the team.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Never, keep it for the music and nothing else.

(when he's stuck in an animation lock, like picking up a survivor, or when he's chasing someone and you think you should attempt to take aggro or have the box solved).

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232

I usually solve the box when I know a teammate of mine needs the aggro taken off them. I played with a couple buddies the other night and one of my friends was just being chased relentlessly for like two minutes so I went to a part of the map with a strong loop to solve the box. Luckily, Pinhead left my friend alone to come after me. I managed to loop him while my other friends healed and worked on gens.