Tell me why I should use spirit over nurse, go ahead, I'll wait.

VitoSa
VitoSa Member Posts: 15
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

What data did you even use to greenlight these changes other than your low mmr games?

Their powers function quite literally the same. They both play catch up, except the nurse has no cd, no charge up, can see, and can phase through objects.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

I doubt the midchapter changes are actually using data from mmr. Many of these changes were likely being developed before the last chapter came out and mmr only released with the last chapter.

We won't likely see any mmr based changes until the next mid chapter.

• VitoSa

I appreciate the benefit of the doubt but I was referring to the developers personal low mmr games.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

This is why

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    edited September 2021

@C3Tooth i need your help, please send some cute Spirit art.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • VitoSa

What's the difference between an instant blink and increased speed, except the time it takes to get to the survivor?

• VitoSa

Ooo go on but list actual physical differences in abilities which change how you chase and handle survivors between nurse and spirit. Their names are different you should put that on your list too.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Spirit is more flexible with her power, while using it you can reposition / readjust your position.

I understand where you come from saying its the same than nurse, cause its about a movement power, but even if its the same core concept, the execution is totally different.

Nurse will read a survivor before blinking, while Spirit can read the movement while phasing.

The speed of spirit (and tracking of a survivor) is easier to master than the reading / anticipation / reaction and blink precision a Nurse has to provide to get a hit.

• Because spirit has no fatigue, runs faster than survivors, and is easier to play.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

Maybe Spirit players will go the way of Freddy players and just start playing Wraith. Easy to play, great addons, no bad maps, not perk dependent... Sound familiar?

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Who are you again?

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Nurse is next

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited September 2021

there are actual balance and gameplay problems in this game (as well as optimization/performance stuff). Complaining about something like this is just undermining the actual constructive criticism.

Spirit has enough going for her over Nurse, as was already detailed by multiple people in this thread. Don’t be a sore loser and give credit where credit is due.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Already been gutted. Plus it would instantly kill the comp scene, and they would have to fix bugs that have been there for years.

Sadly I think next gutted will be Blight or Wraith.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You play Spirit because you want to play Spirit. Also their powers aren't the same and don't have the same mechanical or psychological effects on the game.

If you don't want to play Spirit then don't play her. Literally, no one cares who you play.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Against Spirit I can just drop a god pallet and be fine for a moment. Doesn't work against Nurse.

Or since you won't tolerate that scenario I'll name a more obvious example. Haddonfield balcony.

Survivors can just sit there and be safe against Spirit. You can't phase through the window. You have to end the phase then vault the window and start the chase while Nurse doesn't care and just teleports right on the balcony and can go for a hit instantly.

Big mechanical difference.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Don't pick spirit, invest in nurse and blightcoin

• Metzu
    Metzu Member Posts: 86

You shouldn't. Spirit is lame against Iron Will, and will be even more lame after the next dev update. Idk how people are saying that missing a blink with Nurse is more punishing than missing a 15second cooldown Spirit phase, must not be playing the same game. Only place Nurse is arguably worse is Lerry's. I can. however, definitely see how Spirit is regarded as stronger than Nurse for average/lower skill level players.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Well for one... Nurse is super boring to play once you get really good with her. It gets to a point where you just ######### on survivors.

But also... and this is the second time I'm going to say this on the forums today:

They didn't nerf Spirit because she was too strong.

They stated she was strong, but the reason for the changes was that her chase interaction revealed to be way less engaging and interesting to survive against than they initially anticipated. They thought the "is she phasing?" mind game would be fun. The community hates it.

That is why she was changed. Thats it. Nothing else.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Because she's way easier than nurse.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    edited September 2021

You forgot one thing like you said they are same but nurse takes a lot skills which many players don't posses so they use spirit and now they cry when she got litlle rework because no more "you can't see me [BAD WORD]" gameplay

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,020

Just a reminder, as some of the discussion drifted, to keep the discussion on the thread topic of Nurse and Spirit, please.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,159

Counter-points

Are you really expecting for Spirit to land 110% M1 hits at top MMR for Spirit? Survivors should not really be taking M1 vs 110% m1 assuming they're good.

Nurse can see survivors, Spirit is blind towards survivors during her ability. If anything, Spirit requires just as much tracking precision as Nurse does and this tracking is made harder by Iron will and Scratch marks.

Messing up phasewalk is 15 second cooldown. Messing up a blink is 3 cooldown(1 token is recovered during fatique). This is further reduced by nurse add-ons.

Nurse is the stronger killer.

Spirit is weaker killer, but she has lower skill-floor compare nurse, but Spirit could be 96.5% m/s killer and it wouldn't change too much for her at high-level as anything below 115% might as be super-easy to pallet loop assuming survivor is competent at the game.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I appreciate the response although my overall point was that Spirit is easier to play and win with than Nurse not that Spirit is necessarily stronger.

That being said:

A few things I wanna add:

Messing up a phasewalk isn't a 15 second cooldown. You could phase for only a few seconds and you'd only get a few seconds of cooldown; that's how her power functions. Most loops the spirit can phase and get a hit in within a few seconds, roughly. I doubt a lot of spirits drain all of their power UNLESS they are using it for mobility.

My point about the m1 part, wasn't that spirit goes for m1s a lot - it's that she has the ability to use her M1 whereas Nurse, can only really use her M1 if the survivors let her since a survivor running is faster than her.

• Apexgnifrums
    Apexgnifrums Member Posts: 335

Don't. Just play nurse, always enjoyed nurse over spirit. Bye bye easy win killer, finally skill needed.

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143

Killer will leave this bad game or become survs mains.

Mid-to-high MMR survivors queue time average 10-20 min in asia server.

I prophecy UA.EU server will be next.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,887

You shouldnt, simple as that. Nurse is superior in every way as she literally makes loops non existant against her so her only counterplay is LOS blockers and hoping shes not a good nurse.

• So we got Nerfilly. Then we got Nerfreddy. Now we have Nerfin Yamaoka. I wonder who will be the next member of this family.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

You act like only spirit and nurse are viable . Play who you like there are 25 killers. You can win with all of them at higher ranks

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

You never got good at spirit, or went against good survivors with spirit. You absolutely MUST know survivor movements to do well against good survivors. It's even harder sometimes in my opinion because, just like nurse, when you lose sight of a survivor it becomes a guessing game. The spirit loses line of sight every time she phases.

The spirit also moves MUCH slower than the nurse which makes that loss of visibility that much harder to contend with.

Both the spirit and the nurse are hard killers to face because to counter them, the survivors require creative thinking to adapt to situations dynamically. If the survivors become predictable, it will be over. To beat them you have to punish them for making incorrect guesses. However, the spirit comes off as being easier to play because her power is much easier to trick survivors with.

The reason they're nerfing the spirit is not because she's too strong, it's that the majority of survivors that play this game don't want to think that hard. This isn't a slight against those people either, it's a statistical fact. There are far fewer creative people in the world than pragmatic ones. Hence, BHVR adding cues for those pragmatists to respond to.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If you phase and and take a few steps back you can look at her booty

Now you know this the real question becomes why play any killer other then spirit

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

i'll be happy to see blight nerfs. Wraith only needs add-ons changes which is already happening

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

TELL ME WHY I SHOULD USE ANY KILLER OVER NURSE, GO AHEAD, I'LL WAIT.