If there is no more Spirit, then I am no longer in this game.

Options

Excuse me, but how can you see the Spirit? How it may be called the Spirit? This is no more Spirit? This is just a halb invisible person! My favorite killer... and now nerf it. Ah nooo... i will uninstall the game in the first Patch day. 🤬

Comments

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Options

We dont see the spirit when she is phasing. We just see where she takes steps

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2021
    Options

The Spirit just gets a bit more counterplay for the Survivor, yes and ? But that's about it, so nothing bad. I bet the next thing Survivor will complain about are the add ons. I am firmly of the opinion that the Spirit will continue to be playable, because there are still weaker killers.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Well, you don't have to go anywhere! Spirit will still be in the game! She'll just go from an S tier to an A tier killer!

• mnsMonty
    mnsMonty Member Posts: 4
    Options

if the Spirit be seen, let the Spirit also see. Anyway - it is no more the Spirit.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

See you later then?

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Wait until you can’t infect the hatch. That will definitely make the killer unplayable!!!

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,717
    Options

Bye, lol.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,641
    Options

The changes went live and didn't really do anything except mess up add-ons. The changes from PTB to live weren't noticeable for basically anyone.

Then they reverted some and here we are :')

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    Options

You said that SAME THING ABOUT BILLY! Look at what's happened to him.

• CrashofRhinos
    CrashofRhinos Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2021
    Options

Everyone is being hard on you, which I apologize for.

I am also finding that it’s harder and harder to turn on the game anymore.

Give her view of the survivors and finish the nerfs. Remove her phase. I am done.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited September 2021
    Options

Oh no, one killer out of 25 other killers is getting nerfed, what could you possibly do with your life?

Seriously, I'm sure it's not that big of a deal.

Okay I'll admit that killer has it's advantages and disadvantages thanks to RNG (and other factors)

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    Options

We all like to use the spirit because of how strong it is but when you play against her and you get hurt it's almost impossible to win the chase, you have to wait to see the nerf probably won't be that bad when the Devs nerfed freddy and hill biily I got angry too because they are the killers I win the most with, but I still win with them and playing against them was very difficult but if you are good with the spirit you will see that you will keep winning with her.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

We'll miss you (actually no)

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

Its the same thing you see the step she take so you see where she is. Not only that but you will know when she phase. Plus the addon pass forget it spirit will be bad now but lucky for the survivor they will need to learn how to face 2 killer instead of 3

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117
    Options

bye and have a nice break!

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Well survivor side will get nerfs too whether they think the nerf was unnecessary or not.

• botrax
    edited September 2021
    Options

Its not just 1 killer out of 25 its the fact spirit was one of the only killer that could compete against good survivor. I dont know if you have seen but a lot of killer are getting an addon pass this is scary too killer remember what happen to their favorite killer that got an addon pass. Worst thing we did not see everything yet so we have a lot of speculating but with what we have seen spirit wont be able to compete anymore

• Elena
    Options

I dont know if you have seen but a lot of killer are getting an addon pass this is scary

While I'm not usually one to take the developers' word on things, they did say that the changes will "focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful." So it's not just complete nerfs altogether, then again they have made some add-ons quite trash over the years, so I understand that.

• botrax
    Options

The dev prove too many time they cant be trust with an addon pass just look at billy, demo and freddy those killer have some of the worst addon a killer can ask for.

• Elena
    Options

That's true, I guess I just try to be a glass half-full person, even if there hasn't been great outcomes.

• botrax
    Options

The only thing im sure is spirit wont be viable anymore against good survivor she may have fun addon but those wont matter unless the survivor suck

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

??? Bro, patch hasn't even dropped yet. We don't even have the PTB or full patch notes yet. All we know is that she's getting some well-deserved adjustments, which includes seeing dust. (Not the full Killer mid phase, just dust, which they had stated will be more difficult to see in areas with tall grass.)

I love Spirit and I love playing her too, but let's not act like this is the day of reckoning when we don't even know the full list of changes. (I mean, c'mon, some people were saying that she was dead when she had Prayer Beads nerfed and when she got a Window Vault animation. There's no reason to act like this will kill her until we actually see the changes.)

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

What happened? He was optimised and can not rev infinitely across the map anymore.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Overkill on the changes. Devs could have picked one and at least waited to see the impact. This just gives survivors complete control while the spirit is left guessing now.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

If you played this game just for one killer then it's sad.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

Thats a cool story but. We already had this change that she's getting where survivors can tell where she's going a bunch of patches ago, and it broke her kit to the point where they had to take off the directional sound, and you could see her move foliage. She was so easy to loop during this time and camp pallets against her it was actually crazy. Its not a question of being good with her, its a problem of constantly giving survivors more and more and more AND MORE information all the damn time. Its just like pyramid head with his introduction of the first ranged character who lets you know when you can press left or right to dodge.....the son of a ######### is literally an FF14 boss mechanic....

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Typicall dbd player:I'm deleting byeeee

Also them :

Currently playing:Dead by daylight

• Fobbo
    Options

She could still be decent at least. Its not in the game yet so we cant really know how good she will be

• botrax
    Options

Decent is not good demo is decent and he cant compete against good survivor.

Right now spirit is a 50/50 with the change she will because a 70/30 or 80/20 in the survivor favor because you know survivor will have more info then her.

Ofc when i talk about killer and survivor i dont put addon or perk in the equation

• Fobbo
    Options

I think we should wait and see the changes in game before we start discussing about her strength

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Its not even out yet. hold ur horses.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

She can hear when the game's audio is functioning normally. Lately, its been pretty hit or miss if you're going to hear relevant sound info properly. Then there is all the sound deadening perks potentially being too effective. It's not the end of the world, but I feel for Spirit players.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    edited September 2021
    Options

Y'all say this EVERY TIME and it never works out well. The ONLY Killer to survivor a true add-on pass was Huntress.

Nurse was completely DESTROYED. New players can't even learn her now. Only veterans adjusted and still destroy. Calling it now. Her range add-on will get TRASHED and to add a cherry on top, her bugs will remain so it'll be yet another NERF. Recharge add-on will get yet another slight nerf.

Billy was labeled as the "perfect balance" and was still BODIED by nerfs. All they had to do was make his add-on NOT STACK... THAT'S IT. INSTEAD, they killed his BASEKIT with a charge bar, they nerfed pretty much everything on him, and ruined his FOV/animations.

Freddy... Completely bodied. They made it to where his add-on are complete garbage on top of kit nerfs with nothing to compensate.

Legion was bodied SEVERAL times.

PH was made significantly weaker. He's playable, but as always survivors just HAVE to control the chase with him too. Removed ability to see cages because of whining... Yet again.

And so on. Wraith was FINALLY made playable WITHOUT add-on recently and in his upcoming add-on pass, there will be nothing but nerfs to his add-on.

Trapper should've gotten these "buffs" YEARS ago as the mascot of the game. Still, added stupid downsides to some of his perks. Survivors should be downed for stepping in a trap, especially of already injured.

Hag will definitely get killed in the add-on pass. Her perks are actually PERFECT. She doesn't need an addon pass.

Myers will get nerfs to tombstone piece & tuft. The troll lerys build may also get destroyed.

Oni is definitely getting add-on NERFED.

Spirit already taking a HUGE nerf and to add a cherry on top her add-ons will get killed completely or get stupid downsides that make them a waste of time. We SEE how the STUPID teleport back to husk add-on will work. Nobody uses that TRASH on Nurse.

So predictable from BHVR.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    Options
  • KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

She's just getting a counterplay, deal with it, you were just playing a broken killer till now, now you need to use your brain and skill

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

Not equal, survivor are basically in control of the killer, you die to a spirit now you just garbage, just camp pallets and run, no more guessing just turn your brain off and win

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

That's not how this works. Survivors are not in control of the killer, both sides now have information to remove guesses and God forbid the Spirit player now have to use their brain for pathing to hide their dust steps in foliage. A hard killer, be hard to play? Unheard of!

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Okay I'm gonna go through this one by one, speaking from my own experiences.

Nurse is not inaccessible to new players, because I learned her in about 2 months. This was post-rework with all of her bugs stacked one on top of the other. Frustrating to learn and frustrating to play? Yes. Impossible? No. However if you want to be the best killer in the game, then put in some effort.

Billy I have no excuse for. That was such a mistake and I still want them to revert all of the changes.

Freddy is weaker- and his add-ons are garbage- but he is in no way useless. The kit nerfs didn't kill him, and while he might not be tounament squad viable anymore (if he ever was) he's still good.

Legion deserved the original body. Tying Deep Wounds to their power has just made it more and more awkward for everyone else. They need a full kit rework, preferably ASAP.

PH was not made significantly weaker. He is still an amazing killer- like he was on release- who is countered by holding W- like he was in release- however in return can ignore survivor perks- like he could on release. God forbid you're not able to facecamp a cage anymore and prevent people from saving them. These changes didn't kill him- he's so stupidly good in all scenarios outside of Dead Dawg Saloon and Holding W.

I think Wraith's All Seeing- Blood, and maybe Coxcombed Clapper, will go. Shadowdance might see a slight tweak to numbers, and maybe Blink will be more useful. He's in a very good spot right now, and BHVR shouldn't change too much.

I agree that Trapper should've gotten these changes years ago.

Hag is in no way perfect- Waterlogged Shoe should be changed because it's very bad by itself, Scarred Hand will probably lose collision and become the memey brown bonus BP add-on if I'm to guess, and Mint Rag + Rusty Shackles both need to go.

Myers needs a full add-on pass, not just the 3 or 4 they're looking it. I doubt this will be the only changes made to him.

Oni will get Topknot nerfed, yes- an add-on stronger than old Insta-Saw Billy, which was literally the reason Billy was nerfed to begin with. Maybe he'll get some buffs to his iris to compensate.

Nobody uses the teleport back add-on on Nurse because people don't double back 100% of the way vs Nurse. People do do that vs Spirit, however, and it can be a good way to regain distance. Let's not forget Spirit doesn't have the fatigue to go through, and moves at 110% speed, too.

Wait and see what things are like on the PTB. That's it. Once it's there, if it's as bad as you thought, I will eat my words and you can go off as much as you'd like. However right now you are getting angry over speculation, with no absolute evidence.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237
    Options

The only killer who can compete against good survivors now is Nurse. But I'd rather not spend hundreds of hours learning her. Sadly, Spirit was the only alternative before, but these nerfs seem to destroy her viability against good survivors.

I was already considering dropping the killer role with SBMM/Boon totems. Spirit being nerfed and Trapper getting a pathetic buff has only solidified this notion.

Time to become a survivor main.