Hackers and content creators

Options

If hacker is in game the game is rigged and there is no point playing it.

It's not funny, it's not fun or anything...

Don't give them attention, don't put videos of them on youtube, because that's all they want.

Simply take a screenshot of their steam profile ID and send it together with recording of them hacking to bhvr via ticket.

If you do ANYTHING else you literally reward and promote hackers.

Think about it.

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I'm on console so as usual I cant do anything about it.

Like most features we arent provided with.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

hmmm, ethics or money? I wonder what one they will pick.

• Holdup
    Holdup Member Posts: 22
    Options

Your primise relies on a company that is responsive to reports and that the entire player base is able to report said hacking. The reporting system for hackers and other related complaints for PC users is a complex process that many just dont want to put the time in and ,from the content creators you are pointing fingers at, the effectivness of such reports that are filed appears to be of little effect. Why spend the time recording a hacker, hopeing that you can access their stream profile (because if you look some of the very videos you dislike the hackers have learned how to disable steam profile access) go to a third party site to pull their steam id, report in game, then go to behaviours support site, log in, find the hidden support ticket page, input the information on report type, put in your steam id, put in their steam id, go back to the game find your cloud id or what ever its called, put it in the report, upload the video to youtube, link video to report, wait 2 months for the canned response. Why bother? Let the game become Titanfall and move on to the next thing, instead of devoting time to a process that is designed to be difficult.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It's no wonder they think BHVR doesn't do anything when they don't bother reporting anyone and instead post it on the forum to "spread the word".

• Holdup
    Options
  • Orion
    edited September 2021
    Options

No, since I haven't experienced hacking and whatnot on the scale some people seem to be experiencing. However, I do know how it works and I fully agree it needs to be improved so that sending proof is easier. However, if you don't report anyone, then don't complain that nobody gets banned. Mods aren't psychic or omniscient.

• Orion
    edited September 2021
    Options

If you're referring to your first comment in this thread, no, I didn't. I don't see why I should have, seeing as how I was replying to someone else.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Orion
    edited September 2021
    Options

No, at the moment I'm just not playing because everyone keeps saying how hacker-infested the game is. Why would I play a game if, apparently, I'll be playing against hackers every other game? As for my MMR, your guess is as good as mine, since there's virtually no way to tell.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

It actually needs the exposure. Especially since you have the OG’s on here still going around posting “I have over 2,345,678 hours in the game, and only have seen 3 hackers in the last 9 years.” 😑

• Holdup
    Options

It needs exposure because the press pressure is what gets things done here.

• Holdup
    Options

So you have no idea the complex nature that is the report function. Its not a press the button and done. Maybe take a minute to explore the process before complaining that people are not doing it.

• Orion
    Options

I already said that I know how the report function works, though. Here:

And then you accuse me of not reading comments. This one was even directed at you.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

It's not happening every single game but frequently enough to make one lose interest.

Faced a total of 4 hackers yesterday 2 of who I were able to ticket-report as I managed to record them in the act (instahealing themselves from the ground in my face infinitely).

On top of that there's the 'secret' hackers who are good at hiding 'hacked actions' so no one notices it.

Suddenly a person is healed even though you JUST hit them and broke chase to pressure a gen or a gen popped even though you JUST checked it or a survivor you chased runs around a corner and as you come around said corner they suddenly have 'way more distance than they should have'.

Try to prove that there was a hack involved.

Reporting is not useless but it's only fighting the symptoms.

What BHVR needs to do is update the anti cheat or switch to another anti cheat provider. EAC is doing a terrible job.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

But I have reported the same cheater 3 times with video evidence and using their steam URL and I still ran into them. What else do we do? I still report cheaters but it is likely not to do anything.

• Orion
    Options

It's not happening every single game but frequently enough to make one lose interest.

And that's why I'm staying away from DbD until this passes. I don't understand why someone would willingly subject themselves to hackers.

Reporting is not useless but it's only fighting the symptoms.

What BHVR needs to do is update the anti cheat or switch to another anti cheat provider. EAC is doing a terrible job.

Slight misconception. There is no anti-cheat in the universe that can prevent cheats that don't exist yet. Any other anti-cheat would be just as screwed when it comes to new cheats emerging. Reports help because then the anti-cheat can figure out ######### is going on and detect those cheats.

Think of the anti-cheat like a series of vaccines for different (but similar) diseases. You need the disease to emerge before you can create the vaccine for it, because there's no way for you to know what a new disease is going to be like in advance.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

If that's how it works then I'll gladly ticket report anyone I manage to record in the act but the very next thought I'm getting is:

"what about the huge number of false reports? Don't they slow down the efficiency of the vaccine process massively?"

Or do you exclusively mean ticket reports with video evidence rather than in-game only reports (aka salt reports)

• Orion
    Options

I mean reports with evidence. You are right that false reports slow down the system, just like in any other situation, which is why I believe the devs have been too lenient on people reporting for camping/tunneling/looping/whatever. IMO, those people should be shown actual reasons for reporting the first time, then banned from reporting anyone if they keep filing false reports.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

Although most of them do it so that BHVR will take notice, saw a video recently where one content creator said how funny it was going against hackers, and had a montage of them. I think that creates a dangerous perception and encourages hacking even more so.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

People have been reporting a certain hacker (I can't name unfortunately) for at least two years I know of and they are still at large even using the name they're known by and BHVR hasnt done a thing, also someone has been selling dbd hacks and streaming themselves using them and still nothing is done