Will Trapper no longer be considered the worst killer for at least a while?

Options

Simple for everyone who said Trapper was the worst, with current buffs, will he no longer be considered the worst killer anymore? At least a while

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I mean it's a very needed buff and all but he could very well still be the worst killer. It's hard to say.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I don't know. Trapper is always going to he inherently weaker than a good portion of the roster because he has to set up. Killer's like Blight and Wraith can just instantly begin to chase and oppress.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

He will move from F-tier to C-tier. He still won’t be able to compete against a good swf without tunneling and camping and having his good add-ons equipped.

If they made disarming traps have a drawback for survivors, and made their hit boxes wider so they can’t walk around them, he’d move up to B+ tier.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

Why must you spread this falsehood. Queen of the Snoot will always be the best killer. No other killer can lure out survivors and have them ask her to kill them in return for a Boop.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

His buff encourages basement camp even more, u don't need to waste time to gather traps, just track down survivor and hope basement is close.. So i expect Trapper with basement addons.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I don't think this buff makes him stronger.

It just makes it possible to use different addons.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

He's not the worst Killer as it is because Legion exists.

• DBD78
    Options

You won't go from worst killer in the game to C-tier with such a small buff, it's just a brown addon added to his basekit. The question is if he will still be the worst killer or if he could surpass Pig or whoever you think is the second worst killer in the game. Or Myers I mean they are going to nerf his best addon/addons as it seems.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

We'll wait and see I guess. In terms of addons trapper and old wraith had a similar thing where they both have nice addons that could work well together but you only really had one addon slot. People underestimated the difference it would make wraith having two available.

• DBD78
    Options

Wraith got his purple windstorm as basekit, and Trapper should have gotten the purple bag. That said yes you are right that Trapper can now use two addons not having to worry about the bag one. But his other addons are not as good as Wraiths either.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

As long as Legion, Myers and Pig exist, Trapper is not the worst killer.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,191
    Options

The best counter to Trapper is have low graphic setting, brighten screen. Then its easy to see his trap.

This is why I dont want to have him carry all traps (that would be unfair for those who play Ultra & dark screen). I want disarming traps giving some risk.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I still don't think he's that great, because you can literally achieve what they are going for right now.

Use the Trapper sack add on

Pray to the entity that you get 6 traps on the map

And then use whatever other add on you want.

Despite that you still need to be really good at trapper to get good value out of his power.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

His buff was just a quality of life change for him. It won't actually make him any stronger in my opinion so probably will still be the worst.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

Myers will probably be the worst killer, either him or Pig. Trapper will be barely above both on my tier list.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

I never thought he was the worst. Bad but not worst.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

He’ll feel less frustrating to play and be a little bit stronger, but a change like this isn’t going to make him take Spirit’s place or anything.

Trapper will never be a meta killer in the game as it is now because he has a slow start, he takes time to set up and he’s considerably weakened by good awareness, and knowledge of maps and common trap placements (and you see survivors with these things more and more as you go up the ranks).

The meta killers all have decent mobility, strong anti-loop and good synergy with the meta perks. Trapper doesn’t really have any of that.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

It will, he will not be forced to run a trapper sack which means more addons and we haven't even seen the reworked addons yet.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Depends how how his addons are being changed. He could just be more consistent or he could be a bit stronger too.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Eh, a lot of asterisks will be needed. Like, Trapper is no longer worse than Pinhead without hoarder/Franklin's. Something like that? It also depends on if Pig gets a substantial buff with the add on pass instead of just a Tampered Timer nerf. But realistically, all 3 of these suck and you would be better of playing any other killer people pretend are nearly that bad. Michael, Clown and Legion are typically the ones that people somehow think are worse than Trapper and Pig. How? Who knows.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Its a clown style rework:

Add a low rarity add-on and nerfed his others add-ons(His purple bag was shown to have been nerfed into the ground).

So much like the clow his viability won't change as they haven't addressed any of his underlying issues.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I never considered trapper bottom of the list. He's down there but I've seen some trappers destroy once they're setup.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

He'll still be one of the worst, while this update is nice, it's not enough to make him viable against decent groups. He needs his traps to already be in good locations and armed from the start to really have a chance.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,084
    Options

While he's getting nice needed buffs, they don't exactly fix the issues that are keeping him down in the bottom tier of killers.

At the end of the day he's still a killer that has to lose gens to set up his power and even if survivors trigger his power it doesn't guarantee that he gets a down since he still has to reach the survivor.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

you can put sprinkles on a badly made cake but it won't change that it's a badly made cake

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54
    Options

I don't think Trapper has ever been the worst killer in the game, that goes to Pig or Twins easily. The buff isn't really a buff either it's quality of life changes anyways, getting rid of useless add-ons and the purple bag was nerfed pretty hard.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,084
    Options

He's getting an average of +1 trap spawning on the map and +1 trap in hand & carry cap. His base-kit is being buffed.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

Without a rework, Trapper will never be good unless the game shifts to a meta where time is against the survivors. That or they massively buff his base kit and add-ons to insane degrees (doubt).

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited September 2021
    Options

Basekit he's probably still the worst, but the fact he now has a free addon slot is huge, just like it was for Wraith. I think a buffed Trapper with those strong addons like Honing Stone, Iri Stone and Bloody Coil is going to be at least better than Pig and Legion.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Being able to trap two of the three escape routes of the basement means he has massive early snowball potential and is able to completely shut-down one of the best common loops without needing to spend extra time anymore.

If you can achieve an early basement hook, I'm sure he shot up on the list...but of course that requires a basement hook.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

We don't know if he's even keeping those given that they have already shown that they have completely reworked 2 of his purples.

So its entirely possible that they nerfed ALL of his purples or higher rarity add-ons.

Remember clown despite getting a similar buff also had most of his add-ons heavily nerfed making him on more viable then before.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198
    Options

yall are overhyping the change. All they did was give him an extra trap, nothing more. he's still bottom 2

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Depends on those addons.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

Imo Trapper was never the worst. But he was the most outdated.

This will help him some with not being entirely reliant on addons. But I dont think this will bump him any higher than a tier.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,191
    Options

Consider Brown bag is his S tier addon. Plus now its guarantee he has 8 traps instead of 5-7.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

He'll probably still be bad, but probably not the worst. I'd give it to Clown, Pig, or Ghostface now. But of course we have to see the addon changes.