FIX the legion devs

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

How can you introduce a killer so weak yet so ridiculously unfun to play against. All I've been getting is Legions using the lack of counterplay and playing so scummy that survivor has became completely unfun and unplayable. Honestly make it crystal clear what you intend on doing with the Legion and please buff them but do not leave them with no counterplay he's stupid and deserves to have some counterplay since all the killer has to do is just stand there and ur done for. I like what the devs are trying to do, but no just no. At least Spirit and Nurse aren't completely broken because they have no counterplay but at least they aren't easy.

Comments

• Adv4u
    Adv4u Member Posts: 25
    This is not a problem caused by the developers. Since there is a "skill" difference between Rank 1 and 20, Nurse for example is weak and needs skill. Facing a Nurse in a Rank 1 match is most likely one of the hardest matches you'll face. On Rank 20, getting hits is so unusual, that u most likely not see much nurses.

Same with Legion. On Rank 1 with certain AddOns he's avarage. Not good but avarage. Can't tell you how good he is on Rank 20 but I bet with you, people of rank 20 have a completly other perspective  
  • Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Legion is neither weak nor strong. It all depends on the player, really. While I can agree that a small buff would be needed, Legion is far from being weak if you know how to play him correctly and use the right perks and add-ons. Right now, I’ve discovered Frank’s Mixtape and Stab Wound Study are a good combo, as you only need 2-3 feral frenzy attacks to down a survivor rather than the traditional 4-5, and having perks on that increase his interaction speed on certain things (such as Fire It Up, Brutal Strength, Stbfl, etc) makes them good for keeping things under control. I’ve only played Legion when he came out, as I’m in a bet to get them, and them alone, to rank 1, and as of right now, I stand at rank 8 after about a week of playing him, so, it all depends on the player and the way they play, not the killer themself. But, we must remember, everyone has their own opinion, and even I could agree that a small buff to his frenzy or speed in general would be nice, but I wouldn’t complain if it never comes.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Adv4u said:
    This is not a problem caused by the developers. Since there is a "skill" difference between Rank 1 and 20, Nurse for example is weak and needs skill. Facing a Nurse in a Rank 1 match is most likely one of the hardest matches you'll face. On Rank 20, getting hits is so unusual, that u most likely not see much nurses.

Same with Legion. On Rank 1 with certain AddOns he's avarage. Not good but avarage. Can't tell you how good he is on Rank 20 but I bet with you, people of rank 20 have a completly other perspective  

Legions inconsistent at all ranks, players are still learning him imo. He is better than Clown just weaker than Spirit.

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@Adv4u said:

It's rank 7... I think he needs buffs but I don't really understand why he can kill you by standing there there's no way around it. Also stop slinging personal insults at me, what are you, 7?

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Legion is neither weak nor strong. It all depends on the player, really. While I can agree that a small buff would be needed, Legion is far from being weak if you know how to play him correctly and use the right perks and add-ons. Right now, I’ve discovered Frank’s Mixtape and Stab Wound Study are a good combo, as you only need 2-3 feral frenzy attacks to down a survivor rather than the traditional 4-5, and having perks on that increase his interaction speed on certain things (such as Fire It Up, Brutal Strength, Stbfl, etc) makes them good for keeping things under control. I’ve only played Legion when he came out, as I’m in a bet to get them, and them alone, to rank 1, and as of right now, I stand at rank 8 after about a week of playing him, so, it all depends on the player and the way they play, not the killer themself. But, we must remember, everyone has their own opinion, and even I could agree that a small buff to his frenzy or speed in general would be nice, but I wouldn’t complain if it never comes.

I don't agree with the fact that all he has to do is break chase and you're going down no matter how good you are. There's no way around that. You can't even stealth because if one teammate gets hit near you, you're getting found no matter what. He needs some desperate buffs because if you play him in the way the devs intended, then yes he would be weaker then Freddy but everyone at rank 1-10 have been using this tactic of breaking chase and following you with Stridor and it's got no counterplay and isn't fun to face.

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@Adv4u said:

He's weak but at the same time, has a guaranteed down on you. It's very, very unfair no matter what your skill is, if he gets 1 hit on you, you're definitely going down if he just breaks your chase. And don't tell me you can stealth from it because if a teammate gets hit near you, you're going to be found from his speed and amazing tracking. He's weak as hell if he's played in a way that he's meant to be played but he can break chase to beat you so effortlessly. Obviously you're probably not past rank 10 (no offense but you don't seem to know about this tactic) if you've not faced a Legion using this tactic.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited December 2018

@Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

He's weak but at the same time, has a guaranteed down on you. It's very, very unfair no matter what your skill is, if he gets 1 hit on you, you're definitely going down if he just breaks your chase. And don't tell me you can stealth from it because if a teammate gets hit near you, you're going to be found from his speed and amazing tracking. He's weak as hell if he's played in a way that he's meant to be played but he can break chase to beat you so effortlessly. Obviously you're probably not past rank 10 (no offense but you don't seem to know about this tactic) if you've not faced a Legion using this tactic.

just watch people who are good killers play as him, and you'll see why he can be very powerful while going after multiple people. That said, everyone admits that there is no counterplay outside of just wasting as much of his time as you can. Wasting his time is, in essence, how you counterplay him. The more time he spends on one person and not spreading deep wounds to slow the game, the faster he gets gen rushed.

The fact that so many people think hes both garbage and op at the same time tells me that they aren't learning how he works, and trying tactics/builds that don't synergize with his playstyle. Balancing him is going to be very difficult, because he can easily become another nurse with minor changes.

• Poweas

@Ryuhi said:

@Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

just watch people who are good killers play as him, and you'll see why he can be very powerful while going after multiple people. That said, everyone admits that there is no counterplay outside of just wasting as much of his time as you can. Wasting his time is, in essence, how you counterplay him. The more time he spends on one person and not spreading deep wounds to slow the game, the faster he gets gen rushed.

The fact that so many people think hes both garbage and op at the same time tells me that they aren't learning how he works, and trying tactics/builds that don't synergize with his playstyle. Balancing him is going to be very difficult, because he can easily become another nurse with minor changes.

Thank you, you're sensible. Unlike @Adv4u and myself. He's so weird he's kind of like Hag. Also nice tip for just wasting the 20 seconds I got. I guess I'll just try my best to pip before he eliminates me. I'm not used to getting eliminated so effortlessly from a killer who isn't Nurse it's weird.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Iron Will and Dead Hard can help you stretch out your time, especially if they moonwalk and you can bait them into restarting the chase prematurely to go for a swing. It can be frustrating, but if your teammates are reasonably familiar with what to do, getting tunneled by legion will hurt him a lot more than it will hurt your team. With 4 survivors, theres a good chance he's doing that to someone else, and you can hold m1 to your heart's content! If you see someone get deep wounds and you can't hear the heartbeat, just keep workin :D

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@Ryuhi said:
    Iron Will and Dead Hard can help you stretch out your time, especially if they moonwalk and you can bait them into restarting the chase prematurely to go for a swing. It can be frustrating, but if your teammates are reasonably familiar with what to do, getting tunneled by legion will hurt him a lot more than it will hurt your team. With 4 survivors, theres a good chance he's doing that to someone else, and you can hold m1 to your heart's content! If you see someone get deep wounds and you can't hear the heartbeat, just keep workin :D

I don't play much survivor anymore but I'll certainly keep this in mind when I'm getting tunnelled/a teammate is getting tunnelled. Normally it's me :angry: : but if my team lives, then I'm happy. I play way too much Spirit though, she's the most fun killer in the game imo and I love her mindgames.

• Doowie
    Doowie Member Posts: 37

This is all down to the skill level of the players involved to be honest. When ever a new killer is released, they are either overpowered (freddy) and needs to be nerfed. So the best course of action would be to gather your feedback and suggestions and post them within the correct section of the forums.

• Poweas

@Doowie said:
    This is all down to the skill level of the players involved to be honest. When ever a new killer is released, they are either overpowered (freddy) and needs to be nerfed. So the best course of action would be to gather your feedback and suggestions and post them within the correct section of the forums.

Yeah I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hated Freddy on release. He was so broken it was ridiculous lol.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Why not just remove Legion from the game?

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2018
    sorrowen said:

If they just remove him from the game it
    1)Wasted the times of the people whom developed Legion
    And
    2) Wasted all the blood points people put in to him.
    Even for a killer i hate, I'd rather a rework, then a full on remove. 
    I've seen many a Legion mess up and not hook a single survivor, and other times ive seen a 4k. He needs a rework not a removal from the game.
    Appologies if i sound like im attacking you or being entitled 
    Post edited by Dokta_Carter on
  • Dokta_Carter
    edited December 2018

But as a few others said
    Skill can make or break Legion. Be it him or you against him.
    In the end you need to think of how to counter now rather then just hope he gets changed tomorrow.
    As someone whom used him, pallets are both a problem and not a problem.
    Yea you can vault over it, but if i wiff as someone 360s then vaults over it as i cool down, i lose time.
    He is enjoyable in the sense of... I dont have hillbilly/LF's click and down when i got them where i want em.
    I can get juked easier in frenzy, he has a stack of cons if you play as him. If you have a problem with him at any rank, then a decent rank 1 Legion is gonna have a field day till we all find out how to counter him.
  • Poweas

@Dokta_Carter said:
    But as a few others said
    Skill can make or break Legion. Be it him or you against him.
    In the end you need to think of how to counter now rather then just hope he gets changed tomorrow.
    As someone whom used him, pallets are both a problem and not a problem.
    Yea you can vault over it, but if i wiff as someone 360s then vaults over it as i cool down, i lose time.
    He is enjoyable in the sense of... I dont have hillbilly/LF's click and down when i got them where i want em.
    I can get juked easier in frenzy, he has a stack of cons if you play as him. If you have a problem with him at any rank, then a decent rank 1 Legion is gonna have a field day till we all find out how to counter him.

Someone in this thread suggested to just try to waste his time before he gets his unavoidable down. I might as well do that from now on. It won't be too bad unless I get tunnelled like Legions usually do for some reason.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@sorrowen said:

Will you personally refund everyone who's paid for the Legion? Because if so, I'll support this.

• Poweas

@Orion said:

@sorrowen said:

Will you personally refund everyone who's paid for the Legion? Because if so, I'll support this.

Lol. Removing him isn't smart. If he gets a rework to make him good but not without counterplay, he'll be good.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@sorrowen said:

Lol. Removing him isn't smart. If he gets a rework to make him good but not without counterplay, he'll be good.

I know it's not smart, I just want people who say "remove X" to put their money where their mouth is.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Legion is neither weak nor strong. It all depends on the player, really. While I can agree that a small buff would be needed, Legion is far from being weak if you know how to play him correctly and use the right perks and add-ons. Right now, I’ve discovered Frank’s Mixtape and Stab Wound Study are a good combo, as you only need 2-3 feral frenzy attacks to down a survivor rather than the traditional 4-5, and having perks on that increase his interaction speed on certain things

Are you hacking? You realize Killers lose addons after a match right? How you get to have infinite amount? Without add-ons hes trash

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Legion is neither weak nor strong. It all depends on the player, really. While I can agree that a small buff would be needed, Legion is far from being weak if you know how to play him correctly and use the right perks and add-ons. Right now, I’ve discovered Frank’s Mixtape and Stab Wound Study are a good combo, as you only need 2-3 feral frenzy attacks to down a survivor rather than the traditional 4-5, and having perks on that increase his interaction speed on certain things

Are you hacking? You realize Killers lose addons after a match right? How you get to have infinite amount? Without add-ons hes trash

He/She probably have a stack of them 
  • GMAK
    GMAK Member Posts: 38

Purple add ons are pretty easy to stack with the winter event going on. That along with black wards and its easy enough to keep a good inventory of purples.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Dokta_Carter said:
    sorrowen said:

And
    I've seen many a Legion mess up and not hook a single survivor, and other times ive seen a 4k. He needs a rework not a removal from the game.

Not to mention that they'd need to refund all people who bought Legion and their cosmetics..
    Loss of revenue is a big no-go.

• Dokta_Carter
    se05239 said:

@Dokta_Carter said:
    sorrowen said:

And

Not to mention that they'd need to refund all people who bought Legion and their cosmetics..
    Loss of revenue is a big no-go.

Agreed. 

Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@sorrowen said:

This is it. I whole heartedly agree on a rework. Both from a killer and survivor perspective
  • Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    I totally get the frustration against Legion especially if they cheese the chase.
    I had a match yesterday against her in autoheaven. She frenzy hit me twice, fatigue, and then moonwalk away facing me, the chase break off. Autoheaven is a very open map, she totally facing me, can see me run towards her, in her TR but somehow the chase break off.
    I have to run to her like a ######### in order to trigger a chase, and she moonwalk even further to avoid triggering a chase. It just both hilarious and pathetic that her, a killer is running away from me, a survivor in order to down me.
    It is really annoying as a survivor cannot do anything to outplay legion, you couldn't lose them, looping them eventually earn you a stab, window is not effective against them.

• Poweas

@Zanely89 said:
    I totally get the frustration against Legion especially if they cheese the chase.
    I had a match yesterday against her in autoheaven. She frenzy hit me twice, fatigue, and then moonwalk away facing me, the chase break off. Autoheaven is a very open map, she totally facing me, can see me run towards her, in her TR but somehow the chase break off.
    I have to run to her like a [BAD WORD] in order to trigger a chase, and she moonwalk even further to avoid triggering a chase. It just both hilarious and pathetic that her, a killer is running away from me, a survivor in order to down me.
    It is really annoying as a survivor cannot do anything to outplay legion, you couldn't lose them, looping them eventually earn you a stab, window is not effective against them.

Yup that sums up why I hate them to the core.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

The event gives you a ton of add-ons. I’ve gotten like 6 ebony-moris alone just got Legion from this new event, but staying on topic, without add-ons, most killers would be trash, unless if you’re playing Hillbilly,Nurse, or Trapper. Their abilities don’t really rely heavily on add-ons, just quick thinking/pre-planning.
  • Poweas

@Chaotic_Riddle said:
    Someissues said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

The event gives you a ton of add-ons. I’ve gotten like 6 ebony-moris alone just got Legion from this new event, but staying on topic, without add-ons, most killers would be trash, unless if you’re playing Hillbilly,Nurse, or Trapper. Their abilities don’t really rely heavily on add-ons, just quick thinking/pre-planning.

Trapper does. Hag doesn't rely too much on addons though. It's just the top 3 really who don't need addons and that's Nurse, Billy and Hag.

• Adv4u
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

It's rank 7... I think he needs buffs but I don't really understand why he can kill you by standing there there's no way around it. Also stop slinging personal insults at me, what are you, 7?

Where did I insult u? 
  • Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@Poweas said:
    How can you introduce a killer so weak yet so ridiculously unfun to play against. All I've been getting is Legions using the lack of counterplay and playing so scummy that survivor has became completely unfun and unplayable. Honestly make it crystal clear what you intend on doing with the Legion and please buff them but do not leave them with no counterplay he's stupid and deserves to have some counterplay since all the killer has to do is just stand there and ur done for. I like what the devs are trying to do, but no just no. At least Spirit and Nurse aren't completely broken because they have no counterplay but at least they aren't easy.

Legion can be looped pretty easily even with his Frenzy. He is the weakest killer in the game.

Inb4 some fanboys start posting links of Tru3 playing against some scrubs.

• Adv4u
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Legion can be looped pretty easily even with his Frenzy. He is the weakest killer in the game.

He can win chases within 30 seconds easyxD
  • Poweas

@Adv4u said:
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

Where did I insult u? 

Ya said I'm rank 20 :( that hurt my feelings.

• Poweas

@Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

I figured out how to counter him, if he does that annoying af tactic just waste that 20 seconds pointing and teabagging him. In the 20 seconds your teammates might get something done. Then cry as he tunnels you.

• Poweas

@Adv4u said:
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Wait do you agree with me or do you disagree? Cause you were calling me a rank 20 even though I've got to rank 6. But now you seem to agree with me with the 20 second chase thing.

• Adv4u
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Wait do you agree with me or do you disagree? Cause you were calling me a rank 20 even though I've got to rank 6. But now you seem to agree with me with the 20 second chase thing.

I said what I said. 
    If you interpret insults then do that. There were no insults intended in my thread xD
    I apologize for misunderstandings
  • Poweas

@Adv4u said:
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

I said what I said. 
    If you interpret insults then do that. There were no insults intended in my thread xD

ok. Sorry for misunderstanding you then. It really seemed like you meant to insult me.

• Adv4u
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:
    Poweas said:

@Adv4u said:

Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

I said what I said. 

ok. Sorry for misunderstanding you then. It really seemed like you meant to insult me.

All in all Legion wins chases quick and Almost everytime if you know how to handle him
    He lacks of map control but has very smooth chases
  • Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2018

@Adv4u said:
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Without addons? I don't think so.
    Also, Sprint Burst > Frenzy so that's 30 more seconds lost catching up, no matter if you use one (addonless) Frenzy or slow boat till you are close enough.

And even 30 second chases is not enough. Let's see, you can't camp so you will have to hook each survivor 3 times. 3 x 4 x 30 = 6 minutes. You won't have the time.

• Poweas
    edited December 2018

@Raziel said:

@Adv4u said:
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Also, Sprint Burst > Frenzy so that's 30 more seconds lost catching up, no matter if you use one (addonless) Frenzy or slow boat till you are close enough.

And even 30 second chases is not enough. Let's see, you can't camp so you will have to hook each survivor 3 times. 3 x 4 x 30 = 6 minutes. You won't have the time.

It's way more efficient then most of the mid tier killers except Myers, Clown, Wraith and Huntress. He's not a bad killer he's actually just as good as Wraith which makes him very decent. Once he gets his buffs he's top tier for sure and maybe equal to Spirit.

• Adv4u
    edited December 2018
    Raziel said:

@Adv4u said:
    Raziel said:

@Poweas said:

Without AddOns? If you play any killer but nurse or Billy without ANY AddOns, don't blame anyone that you loose with him frequently

And why shouldn't you be able to camp? Simply hit the Survivor without Frenzy?