Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is anything being done about hackers?

I've just ran into the same hacker i ran into last night. Hes hiding his steam id somehow so i cant report him to steam. I and many people have asked several times, with no answer, is anything gong to be done about the hackers?

Comments

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

No.

:(

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

Seems like thats the answer. I was just hoping to get some vague "yeah we are working on it" at the very least. The content creators glorify them and we get radio silence on the subject from behavior. Just makes me sad because i care about the health of the game

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

If they're aware of the issue then why is the dc penalty still a thing? It's one thing to hack, another to hold the game hostage, which many hackers especially at high MMR have been doing lately.

If dc penalty was removed the hacking problem would be much more tolerable. But you're literally held captive since this happens multiple times a day and the hackers hold you hostage knowing that when you dc you'll just get increased locked-out times so they make you wait the two hours before the game resets or they make you increase your dc penalty.

I understand reports take a while to process but something needs to be done immediately. Hackers are literally holding players hostage and the victims are being punished with no options to help themselves out.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

EasyAntiCheat is a joke and in my opinion no game should ever use it. I've never nor plan to cheat in this game, but the other games i've played that use it never detect the cheats and its super silly to me. Destiny 2 I think used easy anti cheat and if it did it legit did nothing. Hopefully they get some kind of actually anti cheat

• ArchAbhor

So as you are aware there are no plans to improve the anti cheat system? Thanks for responding. Believe it or not that means a lot :D

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Just by the way: Destiny 2 / Bungie has switched to BattlEye anti cheat a couple weeks ago.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

I just finished a game with a cheater, but I don't know which one was cheating. I walked away from a gen with 0 progress, and less than 15 seconds later, it was finished. No idea who finished it. Do you report all of the survivors in the game?

I feel like if I reported every cheater or strongly suspected cheater I played against, I would be spending almost as much time editing and uploading videos as playing DBD. In higher MMR, you're seeing them every several games.

Even if all of the reports get banned, which I doubt they are, it doesn't seem like that big of deal to cheaters. You can buy a key for what, like $4.99? I don't like cheaters and want them banned, but spending so much time for no real benefit seems like a waste of my time.

It's easy to point the finger and blame BHVR for not caring or doing anything, but I think they just don't have a solution. With an anti-cheat system that can't detect cheats and an account you can replace for a few dollars, I don't see how this is going to improve. It's definitely way worse now than it's ever been.

• ArchAbhor

their solution is to upgrade the games security. I think Call of duty devs have banned over 100,000 cheaters and are bragging about it. There are things they can do.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

Just went another group with at least 1 cheater. 5th one today so far. The Steam profile didn't match his name in our match. Do reports still work for them? DS'ed me on his first down and dropped a bunch of flash grenades despite no perk.

• mark420z
    mark420z Member Posts: 1

I don't see how dead by daylight can say they take hacking and cheating seriously.. when in fact they haven't done anything about it because there are still alot of hacker and cheaters and they are still playing the game and most of them are the same people and I play on ps4... and I hear alot of p.c players say that console players are horrible... I'm hear to say that not all console players are bad... and I'm ask you all to give me a chance and add me... I really would like to have some decent games and I could use help with learning how to use loops