Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

MID-CHAPTER DEVELOPER UPDATE PART 2 - DISCUSSION

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Thanks

@GingerBeard

@Toxicboii

@JasonIsADove

@OneCagedHeart

I already assumed it would work like that but i wasn't sure ❤👹

• If the killer closes it, a survivor with a key could re-open it.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

Yes but if a killer closes it you can open it with a key.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I don't understand how they can nerf Keys any harder than they did just now. Keys can no longer be used for multi-person escapes now.

• pushkina
    pushkina Member Posts: 130

As a surviver player i like the key/hatch nerf. Hopefully this will mean that you will no longer have a teammate who stops working on gens because they have found hatch.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

These changes are awesome! I like all of them! A little disappointed that Dead Hard didn't get neutered but oh well, keys were definitely one of my problems with gameplay and they're now far more balanced. Hoping for Dead Hard to get some "treatment" down the line! 😏

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited September 2021

I am not happy with the slap to the face of my new found favorite slinger. I understand the nerf to zoning ability but why the rest? He has -20 map pressure so he relies on fast chases....Not to sure on how this will effect him....Yes i am.

Love the Plague changes though real excited about this. I have been using her more frequent of late so great timing.

Built to last - No way this stays this way.....Going to be way to OP. Flashlights, Med-kits, Toolboxes reloading twice after using (99% then 66+33% = another 99). Yikes.

Where the Fire-up Buff at? or MS? geez guys.

• LordXzavior
    LordXzavior Member Posts: 15

From what I've came up with what I've read is that it's going to be a complete rework for Hatch/Keys/Mori all wrapped up into one.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well.. am I the only one concerned about possible game hostage scenarios with 2 survs left?

i mean, I am all for the hatch and key changes but what are you expecting to happen when there is 2 survs with multiple gens to go left?

everything else: love to see so many perk changes. built to Last will probably see a nerf in the live release but otherwise I hope these kind of changes (killer updates without full reworks and perk changes) will be more common in future midchapters. I don’t know if Plague changes are enough or if a proper rework would be better..

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    edited September 2021

I like everything about this update except Slinger TR nerf. Most TR reducing perks makes him a 'stealth' ranged killer for 2m of leeway, buffing him to a 32m TR Killer while leaving him as 4.4m/s is terrible. I hope he gets something to compensate the large difference like going to 4.6m/s or increasing his speargun range.

Plague changes are amazing, can never complain when she gets good buffs.

Key changes: f-ing hype, thank god!

Boon Totems: Exciting, glad that I was correct about some things (Killer detection, 1 Boon Totem per Survivor, etc.), hope they're strong but not meta so Killer's aren't more split for pressure. I really like that the Killer can turn Boons into Dulls, makes Hexes like NOED and Plaything still viable (and hopefully some other perks like Third Seal get a similar treatment).

Perk Updates: All great, Built To Last is amazing now and No Mither may once be useful in some situations (combo with Unbreakable, Flip-Flop and Power Struggle?). Hope there's a few more like Monstrous Shrine but at this point this update is already near-perfect.

Addons Update: Maybe more changes for Survivor addons too? BNP is the main offender, everything else is either good or could use minor tweaks.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Imagine buffing an A tier killer and nerfing a B tier.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

Love the key nerf. Don't really care one way or the other about Deathslinger Plague and Spirit but the Trapper buff is great!

Now if you could please do something about 90% of survivors being carried entirely by dead harding for distance I'd be ecstatic!

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

I complain that deadslinger nerf is a surv bias as they do with all ranged killers.Put them all TR range 32m and thats enought.

• T0thLewis
    T0thLewis Member Posts: 38

I really don't know how to feel about that Built To Last buff. I use Built to Last frequently as a survivor, it really came in clutch in some situations where I had to quickly finish a gen or heal myself with an almost depleted med-kit. I saw nothing wrong with that perk, but those buffs scare me as a killer. Built To Last on a purple toolbox with extra charges will be a pain to play against. Gens will pop in the first 4 minutes of the game, how is a killer even supposed to keep gen pressure against that? Or purple med-kits with extra charges, good luck playing against 12 speedy heals on 4 survivors.

Items the survivors bring will now last for the entirety of the trial with Built To Last. I do not agree of that change, everything else seems pretty good, imo. I don't play DeathSlinger so cannot comment on that.

• Danyonetta
    Danyonetta Member Posts: 98

I am really excited about these changes! I can't wait to play the PTB they all seem like really good ideas... my only let-down is that switch cross progression is still forgotten about; was hoping for an update in here :(

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

If you expect the devs to actually address meta perks for either side in any capacity past about a month of them being released. I gotta question how long you’ve been playing.

• UnknownKiller

Me too I guess is time to play VHS survs enjoy ur AI killers.

• UnknownKiller

Now you can use ur medkits even more awesome! 7 heals in a medkit.

• chargernick85

It's not long and most maps have lockers right next to gens. The time the item saves (Flashlight saves, heals, progress on gens with TB) outweighs sitting in a locker for for few more seconds after countering BBQ.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Said it in other threads, but:

Please just alter M&A to not drop TRs to lower than 20.

The aiming delay is fine for Slinger, but in combo with the other changes this won't work. Talking from experience you sometimes have to be able to hit quickly after cancelling a shot. And in order to even aim and shoot successfully you need to get close enough to survivors, which with an increased TR (addons or not) will be tricky if not impossible on some maps.

The people who gave slinger a bad name ALREADY use him mainly as M1 killer, so these changes won't affect them, but the people who tried to play him genuinely.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

I really want to see something about the Moris in the core of the game and the keys, I want to see how they include it as a mechanic in the game. And ... an early game is super necessary, I doubt that ... there is any surprise about this, it is what I want to see the most.

• UnknownKiller

Did you missed the part of progress doesnt lose? What gonna happen is: Survivor try to open it,you M1 and the surv finish to open it and escape GGEZ

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Break down of Plague:

• Infections on objects last for 5 seconds long.
    • Vomit cool down (1.5 seconds) movement is faster (but still slower than survivor base movement) after use or cancel (but not charging or puking movement, which last 1.5 and 1.9 respectively)
    • Puke does not auto-cancel itself when charged below 25% (Presumably you can still tap the other button to 'swallow' and cancel it though? Or why would they say the cool down for cancelling is affected in the point above)
    • Increased time to cleanse at a fountain by 2 seconds

Okay, so point 1 and point 4 are straight buffs. 40 seconds instead of 35 seconds of pollution is an EXTREMELY minor buff that will probably never affect anyone at any time, but hey, it's a buff I GUESS. Two more seconds to cleanse is also a buff in the smallest way possible. Totem cleansing takes 14 seconds and doesn't heal the survivor, but like the first point: I guess we should be happy for ANY buff, no matter how trivial.

The vomit cooldown speed is a sort of buff, as it doesn't affect the first two stages of using her power, only the third, final stage. So, it doesn't make it any easier to USE her power, just slightly less punishing for missing. Which, you know, wouldn't be an issue if they just changed hit validation to be a flamethrower instead of an invisible semi-automatic.

It's nice that they notice playing Plague is difficult and her base power is not terrifically rewarding, but they completely miss the parts where her power just doesn't WORK more often than not, and survivors have control over if/when/where she gets access to her second, more powerful power.

Teeny tiny half-measures and imperceptible tweaks. Not impressed.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

First of all, we don't know that. We don't know how long it takes to open the hatch.

Secondly, you're still leaving out the fact that only one survivor can leave through the hatch now. So, you've already either won, as the rest of the survivors are dead, or you've already lost and the other three left through the exit gate.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

I like the changes, but as a Plague main I have to tell that she was pretty strong already. I'm happy about it but I don't think she needed it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Overall, Part 2 of the Developer Update is great.

I just want to nitpick a bit:

No Mither-->Just give it 100% Noise Reduction already. You cannot really chase with No Mither, at least you would not have to use two Perk Slots to be 100% silent, because you would not need Iron Will with 100% Noise Reduction. Would gladly trade the increased recovery Speed for that, you have that big "Dont slug me pls"-Sign anyway.

Deathslinger-->I would have given him a Lullaby instead of a TR-increase. Increasing his Terror Radius is fine, I did not understand why he is the stealthiest guy around anyway, considering that both Huntress and Trickster got a Lullaby. So I would have kept the 24m TR to just keep it consistent with his movement Speed, but would add some Lullaby (maybe a whistle?). But again, this is just nitpicking.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Oh no, the survivor might opent the hatch in your face, how horrible, who cares bro.

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219

I wish they would actually post more details on the boon totems and the bonuses they give.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

Is Window of Opportunity full meta now? That is a huge buff to a perk that was already extremely helpful.

Hate the TR nerf to Deathslinger, he is slow as all get out and using Monitor and Abuse to get up close was a great strategy. As someone on console flicking shots was never an option.

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130

im not sure if im a fan of the slinger changes, though I do understand how before it really didn't make it fun for survivors. I really do think that making his terror radius 32m is not really necessary because his basic movement speed already is slower at 110% movement speed so it will take longer for him to get to the survivors and they will hear him sooner granting them a head start. I will certainly miss quick scoping survivors like CoD. I also dont think boon totems are a good idea because it will add another objective to deal with with killers already having to stressfully deal with with everything else. it probably wont be that bad if they boon perks are not that powerful, but seeing how there are powerful hex perks like devour and ruin, they will probably make meta boon perks that will be annoying to deal with like ruin. im really happy about the keys and hatch changes though. I've been waiting for those forever and Im happy they finally made good changes to them.

• HealsBadMan

New DBD Tweet with addon leaks.

How did Vanity Mirror change? It looks the same to me.

those Pig addons though... ######### YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

• UnknownKiller

Yeah I should but I like this game you know and looking how surv mom feeding is ruining the game infuriates me.

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

vanity mirror doesn't have the speed penatly like the current one does and it also boosts brutality bps

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Deathslinger was a very odd choice for a nerf. There were many more pressing matters with much more opressive and generally unfun killers that should have come first. Hes a rarity as well, not a very large amount of the community play him frequently. Feels strange that they'd prioritize him before killers like blight, twins, nurse, etc.

• chargernick85

Wow. So the half of me that plays survivor hopes I don't see that Pig add-on.......The Pig in me loves it.

• HealsBadMan

The best part is that its Video Tape, which is an Uncommon addon right now... I have at least 20 >:D

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Deathslinger is getting a larger terror radius because he doesn't have a lullaby. Would you all be happer if he got a lullaby instead? With a TR alone you can still sneak up on survivors with stealth perks.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

What happens with NOED and Ruin Undying if survivors take all totems?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

No. Also, being BHVR such a thing would constantly break or have bugs.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

"One of the things that felt really bad for the Killer was when you let get of your power button a little too soon, causing your power to be cancelled entirely."

You know what really feels bad as Plague. Hitting a survivor with a full with the Vile Purge, and they don't get sick