Hatch mechanic

Should we all add back the "Close the hatch" mechanic? Or should we leave it out? I feel as though we NEED it tbh.

Comments

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389

Should we all add back the "Close the hatch" mechanic? Or should we leave it out? I feel as though we NEED it tbh.

I strongly agree that it is a need. Things are already super survivor heavy. This could help even things out
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The hatch mechanic should be re-worked.

But unfortunately balancing the hatch seems to be quite difficult.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Toxicity23 said:

I don't really know why this wasn't implemented. It gave a real use for keys, and left behind. They could've just made the hatch available from the start instead of doing 2 gens first to make more generators available for the survivor to do.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited December 2018

@MyNamePete said:

@Toxicity23 said:

I don't really know why this wasn't implemented. It gave a real use for keys, and left behind. They could've just made the hatch available from the start instead of doing 2 gens first to make more generators available for the survivor to do.

If the hatch was available from the start, then... why? Left behind would be even MORE less useful than it is, and promotes the killer camping the hatch even if there aren't more than 2 gens completed. If the option to close the hatch is available, it would make keys more useful, and Left Behind actually usable. Not much, but it would even out the playing field in the end-game... Besides, when it comes to the hatch showdown, the survivor almost ALWAYS wins. This would take away that possibility if killers can close the hatch, people with "Left Behind" could quickly finish a generator, and at the same time: force the killer to go BACK to the hatch and close it again. Frankly I dunno why they removed it, for those few moments, the game was even, and the most useless perk was made useful for something!

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Today i got game as killer wher left 2 survs gues what happend when i try slug one and find another.No chance for that terror rafius tpp camera and urban evasion doo ez pizi to avoid killer.So i hook one surv and go search second.Of curse when i go away insta unhook soo i chase this who unhook and put him on hook.And another time this same thing happend.When i move far away insta unhook and soo on finaly i sacrafice one from survs and second was alredy stand on hatch for ez escape 2 gens left.End game suck right now and will be wors if killer close hatch and surv refuse to fix gen.Somone rage quit.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    The old ptb test that when the killer closes the hatch, both exit gates open is starting to sound better and better the more killers complain about the hatch.

Most times if the hatch is open, it's the killer's fault. Adjust your strategy accordingly. 
    You can't brag about how good you are if you can't do that.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2018

If they are in a position to get the hatch to open then you should be slugging the second last survivor so you can get the last one, instead of killing the second to last and then having to do a hatch showdown.

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Anyone who thinks the hatch is balanced is stupid tbh. It's not fair to the killer. Imagine if the killer was allowed a free green Mori every game but it takes up no slot. That's what the hatch is but the survivor equivelant. "JuSt sLUg" because that's fun for killers and survivors.
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

@Rebel_Raven said:
    The old ptb test that when the killer closes the hatch, both exit gates open is starting to sound better and better the more killers complain about the hatch.

Most times if the hatch is open, it's the killer's fault. Adjust your strategy accordingly. 
    You can't brag about how good you are if you can't do that.

So a killer is bad if 2 gens get done and they sacrifice 3 people which opens the hatch for the 4th? That's so ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind your fix if killer can close the hatch and then one exit gate opens, but not both.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

@GodDamn_Angela said:
    If they are in a position to get the hatch to open then you should be slugging the second last survivor so you can get the last one, instead of killing the second to last and then having to do a hatch showdown.

A mechanic that basically forces a killer to slug or lose the 4k is not a good mechanic. It's not fun for killer or survivor. Even if the killer slugs them both one can still get hatch because dying survivors can somehow rise into the air and jump into the hatch.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    scorpio said:

@GodDamn_Angela said:

A mechanic that basically forces a killer to slug or lose the 4k is not a good mechanic. It's not fun for killer or survivor. Even if the killer slugs them both one can still get hatch because dying survivors can somehow rise into the air and jump into the hatch.

I'd bet it's WAY more fun for the survivor than being guaranteed dead because there is no alternative than to do 1 to 5 gens solo.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I know everyone keeps saying just slug the 3rd to get the 4th if you want the 4k but no one enjoys slugging or being slugged. The Hatch has to be there because there is no timer for the match but does anyone actually enjoy crawling around hoping to get saved or hoping they don't get caught or even hoping that they don't just bleed out because the Killer wants the 4k and the other Survivor is sneaking around and waiting for them to die? I don't get slugged very ften but it is not fun, I try to get the 4k without the hatch because I don't want to waste my time searching for someone who's not a team player in that situation, it's a waste of everyone's time.

• GMAK
    GMAK Member Posts: 38

I like the hatch I think it is a good idea. It's one of the most tense moments of the game for me as killer and survivor. Trying to sneak around looking for the hatch a survivor can be crazy tense and looking for the survivor as killer knowing you only have a little time before they find it is great fun. The big problem with the hatch is hatch standoffs. These can just come down to who can wait the longest and is incredible unfun. I feel like the hatch standoff should be changed to not allow it to be a infinite game time.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Toxicity23 said:

It caused too much issues for survivors. Free escapes for minimal effort is necessary for Survivor Fun™.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@se05239 said:

@Toxicity23 said:

It caused too much issues for survivors. Free escapes for minimal effort is necessary for Survivor Fun™.

Actual facts is it that it didn't work out to where it was functional for both sides but don't let actual facts and logic get in your way again.