Another Patch, Another Month Without Legion Changes

Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Sad times :(

No Legion changes despite being the Killer that needs changes the most (besides maybe Trapper)

Comments

• Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94

As a Legion main who can't even play their favorite killer anymore due to being high MMR, please rework Legion. 🥺

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

I don't know what changes they could make to Legion at this point besides a complete overhaul.

Even fixing his add ons leaves the problem of his boring base kit.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Maybe less fatigue duration or increased vault speed?

• Pulsar
  • Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Legion is just kinda hopeless. How can you improve run fast and injured people then do jack #########.

• Pulsar
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

My boyfriend shares this exact santiment lol

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Well if they don't plan on reworking legion I would much rather have qol changes and add on rehauls considering all of them are garbage except cooldown iridescent button and length

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,395

Because Legion is "unfun" to play against so the devs will never buff him.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yeah I'm genuinely so sad that they didn't address Legion alongside all these other killers; not even their add-ons???? Half of them don't even have a use but to bloat out the add-on list lol

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited September 2021

People can speak for themselves; i love playing against Legion. They force chase interaction. A lot. So yes, they'll leave you and you'll be annoyed and have to mend, but you'll inevitable be chased again.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

He probably will. Since he is quite popular unlike the twins 🤢

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

If he got the Freddy treatment, we’d all be complaining 6 months later about how cookie cutter he is and how unique they use to be. Probably take away his run and instead play around with the mimic feature ( like trailer ), except they would botch it up, give a power survivors (even solo) could quickly determine whose the real killer and the only viable way to use them is as a M1 Killer xD

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,268

If they got the Freddy treatment, I'd quit lol.

Legion doesn't need a rework like Freddy got (neither did Freddy, but that's besides the point). They only need buffs to their current power and maybe something extra on the side like Clown got.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited September 2021

Just some ideas:

Fuming Mixtape (Reworked): After hitting 3 survivors with Feral Frenzy, the next Feral Frenzy hit will put a survivor without Killer Instinct in the dying state. Slightly increases duration of Feral Frenzy.

Any of Legion’s worthless purples: After Feral Frenzy ends, any vault locations within 16m of Legion are blocked by the Entity for 10 seconds.

Rework another purple: Hitting a survivor with Feral Frenzy will explode the closest generator to explode, causing it to lose 5% progress and start regressing.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,487

Can we at least be grateful for whats possibly the best patch we've ever received?

There hasn't been this many balance changes in 1 patch in the history of DbD.

• Rey_512

What exactly makes this the “best patch ever”? The endless buffs to survivor gameplay + killer nerfs?

• Pulsar

He kinda does need a rework.

He is designed in an extremely unhealthy way.

• Shroompy

please explain to me how Trapper and Plague got nerfed. And also how returning 3 Blink Nurse is a nerf.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I disagree. I would argue that he's one of the most healthy Killers we've got who's actually designed for the game we have. He's the only killer in the game that has a strongly 1v4 focused power that doesn't require setup and doesn't delete Survivor mechanics. DBD is a 1v4, so the fact that that's the case is actually pretty nutty to me.

• Rey_512

Trapper and Plague were low-mid tier killers that got small buffs to make them less frustrating to play.

Spirit and Deathslinger got nerfs that coddle to survivors for “counterplay” reasons.

3 Blink Nurse will have to wait like 15 seconds for her blinks to recharge lol. Not really a buff.

• Pulsar

To be fair, the Trapper buffs are really QoL. They aren't going to move him up the tier list significantly, unless his add-ons are insane.

Plague buffs are good.

3-blink Nurse is still an Ultra-Rare add-on with a big drawback.

Hatch changes are good.

But Spirit got hammered with a nerf that isn't going to fix her issues and Deathslinger got his 1v1 annihilated and his 1v4 remains the same. Likewise, a lot of Survivor perks got significantly buffed.

I'd just like Legion to be looked at. He hasn't received any love since his rework 2 years ago and he sucks. He needs to be looked at more than Deathslinger did.

• Pulsar
    edited September 2021

He literally forces Survivors to play in a ultra-efficient manner.

His power forces people to split up, which promotes great gen efficiency. Likewise, his power cannot down.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,268

I mean Legion has a pretty good 1v4 power and is lacking in chase, but I don't see how that's unhealthy. I'm not going to waste time arguing with you though, you seem to have your mind made up.

• FFirebrandd

You can bring Perks to help deal with that. Thana and Stealth perks can go a long way towards making Survivors not want to do that.

• Pulsar

Again, he's great against bad to mid-level Survivors.

He sucks against people who know what they are doing. I have no clue how you can argue against that.

He has no map pressure like Oni or Pinhead, no movement ability like Billy or Blight, no chase ability like Nurse or Spirit and no stealth like Wraith.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I kinda want a rework for legion but that takes a lot of time, so I kinda wish they did a temporary buff that's just no lossing feral frenzy on basic attacks, legion speed faster, cooldown one, ONE, second shorter.

• Pulsar

He can't be buffed because that will make him broken again, but he's been sitting in bottom tier since March of 2019.

• Shroompy

Small buffs are still buffs

The nerfs received to Spirit probably wont impact her as much since the strat is to use short bursts anyway, and the footsteps thing were given a 2nd thought and not even gonna be in this PTB

Deathslinger heaviest hit is the one to his TR, .4 second ADS won't hurt him what so ever if you know how to aim

Those 2 deserved the nerfs, they were boring as hell to play against. Besides, even a few Spirit players on this forum have said that they wanted her to have counterplay, they got their wish.

15 seconds for her blinks to recharge, thats still 3 blinks making hits MUCH easier to obtain, and when ever she gets a down carrying them to the hook will probably give enough time to have all of her blinks recharged again.

To say that this patch was "endless Survivor buffs" when we've received actual good changes and I haven't even got to the hatch yet, or the rest of the killer add on changes.

• Pulsar

Hatch changes are good.

Deathslinger needed changes, not nerfs.

Spirit needed changes, not nerfs. And these nerfs aren't even going to impact the casual player. They are only going to eviscerate her high-level gameplay.

Trapper buffs are really QoL, they aren't gonna raise him out of bottom tier, unless his add-ons are insane.

No clue why they buffed Nurse tbh.

Plague changes are good.

• Shroompy

The changes to Deathslinger and Spirit are nerfs yes and I agree that they should of been completely reworked. I do think how ever these are healthy decisions that at least give players an option against them instead of the stale gameplay they had before

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Given the shear amount of changes I don't think we can complain they didn't touch something. I do hope Legion gets a look soon though.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Only a Freddy/Doctor level rework can save Legion. His power is super boring to go against and if you buff him too much we're back to Old Legion.

• Sonicslinger
    Sonicslinger Member Posts: 27

It does suck that they haven't done anything to legion for a while however potentially him not being mentioned at all in this patch could be a hint towards him getting changes in the near future (whether it be a simple QOL like trapper or a more interesting freddy rework).

In this patch they directly buffed/nerfed/provided QOL for their powers and addons to trapper, spirit, plague and deathslinger.

They are doing a small addon change to a large majority of killers (oni, blight, billy, nurse, hag, myers, pig, wraith, ghostface).

This leaves a small chunk of killers that weren't addressed (doctor, clown, demo, freddy, bubba, pyramid head, huntress, trickster, twins, nemesis, pinhead and of course legion).

Nemesis and pinhead are a little too new to make major addon changes.

Huntress, clown, demo, freddy, doctor, trickster and bubba all have received either addon overhauls or reworks within the previous year or two with only doctor potentially being someone they may mess with addons seeing as he is the oldest rework that hasn't been recently changed (I wouldn't want them to touch him he's in a relatively fine spot currently but the devs can be a little unpredictable)

This really only leaves pyramid head, twins and legion. I'd say with the majority of the cast of killers already having most of their problems addressed I'd say there is a high likelihood we'll see changes to these three soon (probably not the twins as I think the devs are confused on how to deal with them). Additionally, almo did say he was looking at legion changes during one of his streams on the all-kill chapter release. Hopefully the wait is coming to an end soon.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

When I saw the huge list of killers getting add-on reworks and noticed Legion wasn't on the list, I thought surely Legion would be undergoing a larger rework in part 2 of the announcement, but nope. Super disappointing Legion wasn't prioritized being at the bottom of the tier list with all his useless add-ons. Feral frenzy is even bugged right now.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I just want Legion, Twins and Executioner looked at with either addons or QOL buffs.

• FFirebrandd
    edited September 2021

To be fair, one could easily argue that everybody but Nurse sucks against Survivors who know what they're doing. This isn't new information to anyone. What I *am* saying though is threefold. First Legion is far better than he appears. Second, their power design is much healthier than you seem to think. Third, sure he's a knowledge check but they are such a large knowledge check that it is exceedingly rare for every survivor in the match to know how to counter them. It sucks when you do, but that really doesn't happen very often... and you can easily equip perks that can throw the Survivors extra curveballs.

One thing I would like to point out, Legion's power has 2 aspects of it that are incredibly helpful and powerful. It is one of the best info and slowdown perks in the game. That means that Legion can afford to equip oddball perks the Survivors might not be ready for because they don't have to go all in on info and regression perks like most Killers do. Fitting things like Endfury, Trail of Torment, Coup De Grace, A Nurse's Calling, or Play With Your Food on a Legion build is a lot easier than fitting those on Blight or Nurse.

Edit: I'm not even saying Legion couldn't use some buffs. In fact, I do believe that I posted something with 4 buffs for them in it... and I'm fairly certain not a single one would break them.

• Duskk
    Duskk Member Posts: 92

Agreed. The fact legion didn’t get a single mention is super disappointing to be honest. I love legion but playing them at high MMR is ######### impossible. There are so many small buffs they need that they could easily, I just think the devs are afraid to touch them after breaking them unfortunately. Even though I think legions design is quite good now and they could easily be tweaked.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Idk on one hand i would like to see buffs.

On the other I'm really scared for a freddy situation where they completly rework Legion into a stronger but boring killer.

Then i rather stick with my weak legion the way they are now tbh.

Rather a weak killer i enjoy then a strong uninterresting killer