How to handle with camping

So in my opinion there is an easy way to handle with camping. 
When the killer is in a certain range the entity progress is interrupted (progress bar stands still). Maybe it could be a perk for survivors 

Perk: Lost connection
While the killer is near the hooked survivor the connection to the entity is interrupted. When the killer is in a range of (8m/10m/12m) the entity progress stands still.

What's your opinion?

Comments

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

The problem with camping isn't that the killer does it.

It's that the killer (scenario dependent) should be doing it.

• Neaisnotakiller
    Neaisnotakiller Member Posts: 23
    Mmh ok :/
    Or maybe the progress is slowed down by (30%/40%/50%) in a range of (8/10/12m). This would be fair for both sides
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Neaisnotakiller said:
    Or maybe the progress is slowed down by (30%/40%/50%) in a range of (8/10/12m). This would be fair for both sides

It's the same principle, so no.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    The second idea is okay as long as a survivor isn't within a larger radius.
  • Orion

@brokedownpalace said:

It's the same as the first idea, only it slows down instead of completely stopping. At tier 3, it'd slow down progression to a full four minutes. That's two solid minutes of tapping the space bar.
    Punishing the Killer doesn't work, period. If punishment doesn't work with Survivors, why is everyone so convinced it'll work with Killers?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018

Best thing you can do is to run Kindred and pray for having good teammates.

• Neaisnotakiller
    When I play as killer I never camp. Even when the exit gates are open I patrouling in a bigger range of 36m or more. I know it is dumb but I want to give survivors still a little chance. I mean if you camp you still get the kill. It just lasts longer.
  • Orion
    edited December 2018

@Neaisnotakiller said:
    When I play as killer I never camp. Even when the exit gates are open I patrouling in a bigger range of 36m or more. I know it is dumb but I want to give survivors still a little chance. I mean if you camp you still get the kill. It just lasts longer.

They had plenty of chances. They had the chance to stealth, had the chance to win the chase (twice; it takes two hits to put them down), had the chance to be rescued by their teammates, and had the chance to wiggle free. Are you saying they magically appeared on the hook? Or are you saying that "having a chance" means that it must always result in success?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    Orion said:

@brokedownpalace said:

It's the same as the first idea, only it slows down instead of completely stopping. At tier 3, it'd slow down progression to a full four minutes. That's two solid minutes of tapping the space bar.
    Punishing the Killer doesn't work, period. If punishment doesn't work with Survivors, why is everyone so convinced it'll work with Killers?

It's not, because I added my own caveat. Also, tapping X can easily be removed so that's a very weak argument. I'm not really interested in debating with you, though, because we're not going to come to any sort of agreement.
  • Orion

@brokedownpalace said:
    It's not, because I added my own caveat. Also, tapping X can easily be removed so that's a very weak argument. I'm not really interested in debating with you, though, because we're not going to come to any sort of agreement.

Can you at least explain why you believe punishment works for the Killer when it doesn't work for the Survivors?

• Neaisnotakiller
    No I just want to say that camping is boring for me as killer. It's not in my nature to be so toxic. Tunnel...Ok, prevent ds by letting the survivor fall down...Ok. But if you camp the survivor has no chance to escape. It's my opinion about that. I mean if you camp it's ok, it's your decision. If the survivors are to dumb to make gens and teabagg the killer instead of this it's not the killers fault
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

lol here we go with the killers who want to reward other killers for camping, performing Class A Mental Gymnastics to blame the survivor for the killer standing 2 feet away from the hooked survivor.
    Beautiful.

• Orion

@Neaisnotakiller said:
    No I just want to say that camping is boring for me as killer. It's not in my nature to be so toxic. Tunnel...Ok, prevent ds by letting the survivor fall down...Ok. But if you camp the survivor has no chance to escape. It's my opinion about that. I mean if you camp it's ok, it's your decision. If the survivors are to dumb to make gens and teabagg the killer instead of this it's not the killers fault

The Survivor can still escape, even while being camped, and they had plenty of chances to escape beforehand. "Chance" is not "certainty". There's a chance to get heads on a coin flip; that doesn't mean you're guaranteed to never get tails.

• Orion

@ReneAensland said:
    lol here we go with the killers who want to reward other killers for camping, performing Class A Mental Gymnastics to blame the survivor for the killer standing 2 feet away from the hooked survivor.
    Beautiful.

When they follow me to the hook, yes, I blame them.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

If a Killer camps, that is because Survivors enjoy abusing the mechanics that the game offers and yes, a Killer should not camp the hooked Survivor, although Survivors have a lot of options to make the Killer be stun. Moreover, I mainly use a Killer and I naturally do not camp ,since I want to go find other Survivors and stop them, therefore the only time I would camp a Survivor is when all Generators are done and I make sure to Sacrifice that Survivor. Above all, the key to resolve this solution is for Survivor players to stop abusing the mechanics that are offered and if that is done, the Killer players can stop too.

• ReneAensland

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Beautiful.

Well yeah, I doubt anyone will argue with you there.
    But when you have killers like this

https://youtu.be/mW3nVpM7Co4

You cannot.
    Cannot defend our condone this gameplay.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited December 2018

@ReneAensland said:

You cannot.

Easy, block the killer with MLGA

here is download link

its officially allowed in DBD since the devs said its up to EAC, and EAC confirms its okay and they won't ban people for it

Post edited by Mandy on
  • ReneAensland

@Someissues said:

@ReneAensland said:

You cannot.

Easy, block the killer with MLGA

here is download link

https://github.com/PsiLupan/MakeLobbiesGreatAgain

its officially allowed in DBD since the devs said its up to EAC, and EAC confirms its okay and they won't ban people for it

Console.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    You do gens. Simple. People act like they get camped every f——-ucking Match. Just take the loss And move on. 
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@ReneAensland said:

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Beautiful.

You cannot.

Sure I can. If the killer really wants to throw that bad then the survivors should take advantage and do generators. You can do at least 3 generators even 4 if the team is fast enough, and assuming the killer chased you for enough time to complete 1 generator the other 3 survivor are pretty much safe to escape (unless the killer has something like NOED but even then there is no guarantee they will catch anyone else)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ReneAensland said:

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Beautiful.

You cannot.

Just equip BT and go for the yolo safe.
    Or you just do gens and finish the game.

No matter what, the killer surenders the game by "facecamping" like this

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I love your username lol.

• Neaisnotakiller
    #freenea <3
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They should try it in the next ptb

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited December 2018
    Orion said:

@Neaisnotakiller said:

How about reverting the timer? Like, if the killer camps the timer goes normally down and if he leaves he gets rewarded by the timer going faster. Was that ever tested? Couldn't think about a way the killer or survivors could abuse that 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Orion said:
    Something similar was tried in the first PTB and abused by Survivors.

It's a classic.

• Orion

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    How about reverting the timer? Like, if the killer camps the timer goes normally down and if he leaves he gets rewarded by the timer going faster. Was that ever tested? Couldn't think about a way the killer or survivors could abuse that 

I suggested such a thing and received heavy backlash. The complaints were mostly focused around the existence of fast Killers and "camping from a distance" (lulwut).

• towhead
    towhead Member Posts: 61

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Beautiful.

You cannot.

it almost looks like...trolling.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Orion said:

@Neaisnotakiller said:

Points to the very well tended hooks in the basement with entity claws at the ready And a alter down there (making a joke on a perk here) use that
  • ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2018

Its really easy. If someone is standing in front of a hook, go do the gens. Sure one dies, and that sucks, but that one person costs the killer a pip, and lets everyone else get 1-2 pips for free. And yea, that one person doesn't get to play the game anymore, but they got 2 play, failed 2 chases, and still gave their team the game by occupying the killer.

As a killer, if I see 1-2 other survivors trying to unhook them, you're right that I'm gonna stand there at the hook. Every second that the 3 survivors waste trying to unhook from a camping killer just rewards the killer that much more.

Think about it like this: What is the objective of each player in the game?
    Survivors: Do gens, power exit gates, escape
    Killers: Kill

If the Killer is camping a kill, and the survivors are hovering around the hook instead of doing gens, then the killer is being efficient. He's completing his objective while stopping the other team from doing theirs. He can only stop you if you play his game. Don't. Do your gens, and survive.

• towhead
    towhead said:

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:
    Beautiful.

You cannot.

it almost looks like...trolling.

lol, who am i trying to kid?  we all know such things don't exist or there would be a reason to leave a match early.  simply not real.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

If I am.going to camp, i am going to camp regardless of consequences.

How about punishing the survivor's for teabagging?

Same thing.

Just play the game

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Orion said:

You want to handle camping? Stop trying to punish campers with a perk or mechanic, stop rewarding them by rushing the hook, and start using the actual, built-in counter: generators. There is no reason why a camper should get more than one kill, unless the Survivors fed him.

Sometimes you can't punish camping all by yourself, have you tried doing all 5 generators yourself? This is a asymmetrical horror game which requires teamwork after all so doing something that is meant for 4 survivors is gonna be extremely difficult for a single survivor. There has been times where I been the only survivor doing generators while my entire team feeds the camping Leather Face.
  • towhead

If I am.going to camp, i am going to camp regardless of consequences.

How about punishing the survivor's for teabagging?

Same thing.

Just play the game

same thing only teabagging doesn't force a loss.
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    GMAK said:

@Orion said:
    You want to handle camping? Stop trying to punish campers with a perk or mechanic, stop rewarding them by rushing the hook, and start using the actual, built-in counter: generators. There is no reason why a camper should get more than one kill, unless the Survivors fed him.

Pretty much this, if a killer is camping just do gens. Wasting time running around the hook only rewards the killer camping.

Only really works with SWF. If you’re playing with randoms, most randoms won’t appreciate that you’re doing gens even if the Killer is clearly camping. The hooked survivor will return the favor by going into struggle and die immediately.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

https://i.giphy.com/media/bge3Lqq8MSwb6/giphy.mp4

How many time is this propostition going to get made?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Have you tried to not camp the killer?
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Orion said:
    Something similar was tried in the first PTB and abused by Survivors. This is a suggestion that has come up often since the game was released. I'd say at least once a week, a thread like this pops up.

how often do you have to write this comment? xD

like, you gotta be having a Draft or something similar saved somewhere that you just copy and pase into posts like this xD

• Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    Sometimes you can't punish camping all by yourself, have you tried doing all 5 generators yourself? This is a asymmetrical horror game which requires teamwork after all so doing something that is meant for 4 survivors is gonna be extremely difficult for a single survivor. There has been times where I been the only survivor doing generators while my entire team feeds the camping Leather Face.

I get that, and it sucks, but it's not the Killer's fault. Put the blame where it is and start punishing Survivors who reward camping instead of Killers who take advantage of it.

• ReneAensland

I understand a SWF group, but I'm also usually solo.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

HOW TO HANDLE WITH CAMPING

My linguistics teacher one told me that when I see a tautology, I'd have to point one out;

1. How to cope with campers.
    2. How to handle camping.

Not how to handle with camping! Sacré bleu.

I did my part.

• Orion

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

HOW TO HANDLE WITH CAMPING

My linguistics teacher one told me that when I see a tautology, I'd have to point one out;

1. How to cope with campers.
    2. How to handle camping.

Not how to handle with camping! Sacré bleu.

I did my part.

I don't think you meant to say "tautology".

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

I get that, and it sucks, but it's not the Killer's fault. Put the blame where it is and start punishing Survivors who reward camping instead of Killers who take advantage of it.

I try my best to punish camping but it's difficult. Usually I accept my loss and move on, perhaps get better teammates next time.