Huntress needs a small buff

Just tried out the new locker perk of Legion for my huntress to speedup the reload. Honestly tho, this speed should be baseline of huntress.
Huntress has already slow movement speed and lacks of keeping pressure high on large maps. Speeding up the reload would save so many seconds if u think about how often u reload. Also, imagine getting out of hatches during a chase. Not only u have to walk sometimes really far away to reload, but also it takes long. By that time any survivor with a few braincells is long time gone.
Don't get me wrong, huntress is a strong killer, high tier Imo. But we all know how easy it is to genrush a huntress, especially on huge maps. The speedup reload should be a baseline to compensate her slow movement speed

Comments

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I agree
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I've never played Huntress, but I agree with you.

• GMAK
    GMAK Member Posts: 38

I gotta to disagree. I'm a pretty terrible Huntress and do pretty bad with her but some of the streamers I watch who main her get 4k's every game with her without even trying. I think shes super stong and has a high skill cap so I say leave her the way she is, at the moment the more you play of her the easier she will become. I think it is ok for some killers to have weaknesses.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Then keep using Iron Maiden, she's good enough already.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    While it would be fun to have that it would change things to much as well besides lol the amount of times I've killed the last guy hiding in a locker waiting to make a save when I go to reload is priceless 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited December 2018
    GMAK said:

I gotta to disagree. I'm a pretty terrible Huntress and do pretty bad with her but some of the streamers I watch who main her get 4k's every game with her without even trying. I think shes super stong and has a high skill cap so I say leave her the way she is, at the moment the more you play of her the easier she will become. I think it is ok for some killers to have weaknesses.

Which streamers? I know some who are running against potato survivors 90% of the time. Also, her weakness is already that she has to move away to reload unlike the clown + 110% movement speed only.
    Also I'm quite confused why u admit that ur bad at huntress but want to talk about buffs. Normally, u should try ur ass off and git gud with the killer till u know nearly every aspect (strengths and downsides) of it and see where the problems are. And if u really think huntress is immune against genrush I really doubt u have enuf game knowledge to discuss about those topics. 
    The only killer who is absolute immune against genrush is an omegablink nurse.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:

Iron maiden using instead for what? Huntress is a super slow killer, she needs perks to locate survivors asap. Otherwise it's gg unless the survivors are dumb af. Nurses calling, BBQ, ruin and whispers is absolutely necessary for huntress if u want to win against good survivors.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    She is one of the strongest killers in the right hands, I don't think she needs a buff.

So many buff this or nerf this threads when they dont do as well when the players should really be asking how do I learn how to play them better instead.
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Vietfox said:

Iron maiden using instead for what? Huntress is a super slow killer, she needs perks to locate survivors asap. Otherwise it's gg unless the survivors are dumb af. Nurses calling, BBQ, ruin and whispers is absolutely necessary for huntress if u want to win against good survivors.

You can change Whispers for Iron Maiden, but if that build is "absolutely necessary" for you then keep using that build. We are not suposed to have everything we want.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    She is one of the strongest killers in the right hands, I don't think she needs a buff.

So many buff this or nerf this threads when they dont do as well when the players should really be asking how do I learn how to play them better instead.
    Did u even read my post? I doubt u did, u probably just read the topic line and started typing 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

You can change Whispers for Iron Maiden, but if that build is "absolutely necessary" for you then keep using that build. We are not suposed to have everything we want.

I doubt u know anything about huntress tho.
  • Vietfox

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

I was a huntress main when i used to play on PC but ok, whatever makes you feel better.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

I was a huntress main when i used to play on PC but ok, whatever makes you feel better.

Anyone can claim that
  • Vietfox

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Anyone can claim that

Same way you claimed i know nothing about the huntress.

• GMAK

Seems like you just want people to agree with you, can't have a discussion about this if you're just going to be rude to anyone who disagrees with you.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Anyone can claim that

"doubt" seems like not be in ur vocabulary 
  • Vietfox

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

Vietfox said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said: Vietfox said:

Iron maiden using instead for what? Huntress is a super slow killer, she needs perks to locate survivors asap. Otherwise it's gg unless the survivors are dumb af. Nurses calling, BBQ, ruin and whispers is absolutely necessary for huntress if u want to win against good survivors. You can change Whispers for Iron Maiden, but if that build is "absolutely necessary" for you then keep using that build. We are not suposed to have everything we want.

Anyone can claim that

"doubt" seems like not be in ur vocabulary 

It was a way of speaking and you know it, you didn't actually doubted it.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

GMAK said:

Which streamers? I know some who are running against potato survivors 90% of the time. Also, her weakness is already that she has to move away to reload unlike the clown + 110% movement speed only.
    Also I'm quite confused why u admit that ur bad at huntress but want to talk about buffs. Normally, u should try ur ass off and git gud with the killer till u know nearly every aspect (strengths and downsides) of it and see where the problems are. And if u really think huntress is immune against genrush I really doubt u have enuf game knowledge to discuss about those topics. 

We all play the same game, as long as those streamers don't 'pay' for the survivors they are facing to be bad, you are running against those 90% potato survivors as well.

The reason why they are doing good against 'potato' survivors but you can't is because you are a potato killer as well. Sorry to say that but there is no other reasonable explanation. Oh If you don't do badly, then there is no reason to buff a balanced killer.

Looping a huntress is already difficult, shack is not safe, some jungle gyms are not safe and low obstacles are not safe since with the new updates she can throw her hatchets and get hits.

Her weakness is that when she runs out of her hatchets, she has to go and reload allowing survivor to lose her. What you want is basically negates this without sacrificing anything.

Either get better at her and get your downs before you run out of 5 hatchets or use a perk slot to compensate your weakness.

She is one of the strongest and best killers out there, doesn't need any buffs.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Delfador said:

GMAK said:

We all play the same game, as long as those streamers don't 'pay' for the survivors they are facing to be bad, you are running against those 90% potato survivors as well.

The reason why they are doing good against 'potato' survivors but you can't is because you are a potato killer as well. Sorry to say that but there is no other reasonable explanation. Oh If you don't do badly, then there is no reason to buff a balanced killer.

Looping a huntress is already difficult, shack is not safe, some jungle gyms are not safe and low obstacles are not safe since with the new updates she can throw her hatchets and get hits.

Her weakness is that when she runs out of her hatchets, she has to go and reload allowing survivor to lose her. What you want is basically negates this without sacrificing anything.

Either get better at her and get your downs before you run out of 5 hatchets or use a perk slot to compensate your weakness.

She is one of the strongest and best killers out there, doesn't need any buffs.

Ur assumption is pretty biased. I watch several streamers, Germans, Americans, British etc all over the world, small and big. Some streamers get 90% potatoes and other get nearly every match tryharding swf groups. 
    But whatever, let's jump on ur train and follow ur logic: basically u say as long as it's only 10% of the matches u have no chance to counter no matter how good and quick ur chases are it's alright? U ever played some competitive high skilled games like dark Souls pvp or fighting games like mortal kombat? It seems like ur a casual player and don't care about that skill matters for the outcome of a win or lose. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    edited December 2018

Ur assumption is pretty biased. I watch several streamers, Germans, Americans, British etc all over the world, small and big. Some streamers get 90% potatoes and other get nearly every match tryharding swf groups. 
    But whatever, let's jump on ur train and follow ur logic: basically u say as long as it's only 10% of the matches u have no chance to counter no matter how good and quick ur chases are it's alright? U ever played some competitive high skilled games like dark Souls pvp or fighting games like mortal kombat? It seems like ur a casual player and don't care about that skill matters for the outcome of a win or lose. 

First of all, if you watch streamers all around the world and if they get 90% potato survivors, there is no way that you don't get the same potatos. Again we play the same game.

Nope, I simply assume that in those 10% matches, survivors were better than me and I lost. You can't win always. Instead of claiming everybody to be potato, I like to find fault in my own playstyle.

I played dota2 and lol and some other competitive games and playing killer (Clown and huntress) ensured me more win rates than any other games out there. There must be something you are doing wrong if you think that huntress needs a buff right now.

There are going to be matches you lost, you lose and you will lose. You can't win all the matches. If it is just 10% games that are difficult for you, be happy.

Edit typo

• GMAK

First of all, if you watch streamers all around the world and if they get 90% potato survivors, there is no way that you don't get the same potatos. Again we play the same game.

Nope, I simply assume that in those 10% matches, survivors were better than me and I lost. You can't win always. Instead of claiming everybody to be potato, I like to find fault in my own playstyle.

I played dota2 and lol and some other competitive games and playing killer (Clown and huntress) ensured me more win rates than any other games out there. There must be something you are doing wrong if you think that huntress needs a buff right now.

There are going to be matches you lost, you lose and you will lose. You can't win all the matches. If it is just 10% games that are difficult for you, be happy.

Edit typo

Couldn't agree more with this, learn to lose and you'll have so much more fun with everything you do. Can't win them all, nothing wrong with losing a few.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    edited December 2018
    Delfador said:

Edit typo

I said some are getting a lot of potatoes and some are getting a lot of tryhards. Wasn't it clear?
    There is a difference between losing due to beeing bad or due to bad gamedesign. If u really want to keep arguing about that the genrush is a made up issue and doesn't really exist there is seriously no need to keep up a discussion with u. I recommend u to play some high skilled competitive pvp games and come back. U will probably see the issues aswell
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    edited December 2018
    GMAK said:

Edit typo

Couldn't agree more with this, learn to lose and you'll have so much more fun with everything you do. Can't win them all, nothing wrong with losing a few.

I don't follow casual mindsets (nothing against you tho, just not the way I enjoy games), I'm a competitive player. I want to win if I outskilled my opponents and I want to lose and learn if I got outskilled by my opponents. If u guys don't see the issue of having a limitation of no matter how good u r and u can still lose, I can't keep the discussion up because I can only deal with logical and not illogical minds 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Just tried out the new locker perk of Legion for my huntress to speedup the reload. Honestly tho, this speed should be baseline of huntress.
    Huntress has already slow movement speed and lacks of keeping pressure high on large maps. Speeding up the reload would save so many seconds if u think about how often u reload. Also, imagine getting out of hatches during a chase. Not only u have to walk sometimes really far away to reload, but also it takes long. By that time any survivor with a few braincells is long time gone.
    Don't get me wrong, huntress is a strong killer, high tier Imo. But we all know how easy it is to genrush a huntress, especially on huge maps. The speedup reload should be a baseline to compensate her slow movement speed
    Honestly, a perk shouldn't see use by a single killer because it boosts their power. I'd remove the effect that Iron Maiden has on the Huntress and then increase the Huntress' base reload speed if it's deemed too slow. The developers plan, (at least I think they do) to remove the NC effect on the doctor's power so they can add the part that makes NC good on the doctor as baseline (seeing survivors snapping out of it). This frees a perk for the doctor while getting the benefit of good part of the perk. Here's a quote from @Janick that explains things better than I can.
    Janick said:

This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Nickenzie said:
    Honestly, a perk shouldn't see use by a single killer because it boosts their power. I'd remove the effect that Iron Maiden has on the Huntress and then increase the Huntress' base reload speed if it's deemed too slow. The developers plan, (at least I think they do) to remove the NC effect on the doctor's power so they can add the part that makes NC good on the doctor as baseline (seeing survivors snapping out of it). This frees a perk for the doctor while getting the benefit of good part of the perk. Here's a quote from @Janick that explains things better than I can.
    Janick said:

This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!

EXACTLY this aswell on top of all. Thanks for bringing that up, nearly forgot that 
  • Vietfox

@Nickenzie said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Janick said: This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!

Yeah, because the huntress is not viable enouh lol.
    Were they talking especifically about the huntress or killers in general?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:

@Nickenzie said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said:

Janick said: This will allow us to tweak the base power of a killer much better, without fear of breaking his build when a players use a certain perk. The feeling of necessity to have specific perks on a character to make him viable is not something that we think is good for the overall balance, which is the reason why we are doing those changes.

Thank you!

They were talking about killer's in general. For example, they can buff the trapper's trap's base repair time and rework Hangman's Trick for something else. This can free a perk for the trapper when you see a sabo Jake squad.
    My Huntress example above with Iron Maiden
    Janick's Doctor example with NC
  • Vietfox

@Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:

@Nickenzie said:

DwightsLifeMatters said:

Thank you!

They were talking about killer's in general. For example, they can buff the trapper's trap's base repair time and rework Hangman's Trick for something else. This can free a perk for the trapper when you see a sabo Jake squad.
    My Huntress example above with Iron Maiden
    Janick's Doctor example with NC

Ok, that's what i thought. It was hard to believe they were talking about the huntress.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited December 2018
    Why give one of the best killers in the game... A buff? She has add-ons that allow her to get hatchets quicker.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Why give one of the best killers in the game... A buff? She has add-ons that allow her to get hatchets quicker.
    Did u even read the whole post? I already said why, not gonna repeat myself. Unless u don't see genrush as a thing. But at that point there is no need to keep discussing with you if u think that gens aren't getting done to quick by optimal survivors 
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

A decent huntress doesn't need iron maiden. You should be able to down a survivor with 5 hatchets. If you run out of hatchets and need to reload it's your own fault for not hitting those hatchets.
    "Genrushing" also isn't a huntress problem, it's a problem with the whole game so giving huntress a 50% faster reload speed would only be a band-aid fix for huntress which is not what the developers want.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Idk why you think reloading 2 seconds faster would solve any genrush relates issues.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    edited December 2018
    ScottJund said:
    Idk why you think reloading 2 seconds faster would solve any genrush relates issues.
    It's not about reloading one single time isn't it. U ever payed attention how often u reloaded in total in a match? Around 10 times? It's 20 seconds saved which can used to patrol to the next gen and stop it from popping. 

Edit: quick reminder, remember how the setup speed of hag changed her so much to be a much better killer for overall map pressure. Sometimes it's just 2 seconds which can do a good change 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    PolarBear said:

A decent huntress doesn't need iron maiden. You should be able to down a survivor with 5 hatchets. If you run out of hatchets and need to reload it's your own fault for not hitting those hatchets.
    "Genrushing" also isn't a huntress problem, it's a problem with the whole game so giving huntress a 50% faster reload speed would only be a band-aid fix for huntress which is not what the developers want.

Alright, what do you after dowing/hooking? Most likely reloading right? And after that? Gen patrol right? It's 2 seconds beeing earlier at a gen, which can mean that the gens pops before u are there or u just get in time to stop it from popping.
    Exactly, genrush isn't a huntress related problem, it's a problem of nearly every killer who has low mobility. Follow this logic if u can: imagine the time required to do all gens will get adjusted so low mobility killers like huntress don't get genrushed. What would be the position of billy and nurse? They would be insanely overpowered. The goal is to close the gaps between the killers as good as possible. My idea was to give huntress a buff so she is a little bit faster at patrolling gens.
    Some people are going absolutely mental about this suggestion as I said something like give her unlimited hatchets lol
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

nah, I think Huntress is fine as she is.

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91
    I think a general buff would be nice but overall she is heavily dependent on individual player skill so a buff isn't necessary. I have played huntress since I got the game over a year ago and I'm still mediocre with her but I do agree her map pressure is pretty terrible unless you can consistently hit people with hatchets from across the map. This is just my opinion though