Slugging

How am I not supposed to DC when the killer decides to slug? To me, if the killer is slugging I just DC immediately so they can get the hatch

Comments

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Because you don't want to get banned?

Just run No Mither if it's such an issue for you.
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Well, it's the Killers way to ensure a 4kill. What's so wrong about wanting 4 kills when you're gong up against an easy group?

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Crawl as far away from ur last mate as possible, ideally into the corner of a map. Stay there and go afk watch a video on YouTube. If ur mate has a half brain he knows that you want to give him the hatch and he keeps hiding. That's what I do
  • BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49
    oki thx 
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@BlackendSea said:
    How am I not supposed to DC when the killer decides to slug? To me, if the killer is slugging I just DC immediately so they can get the hatch

Don't get slugged? If you hate being slugged, stop running DS. Or run that perk that lets you pick yourself up with it.

Or just, you know... Dodge.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

Don't get slugged? If you hate being slugged, stop running DS. Or run that perk that lets you pick yourself up with it.

You are not seriously saying that killers only slug DS users, are you?

"Or run that perk that lets you pick yourself up with it." Just out of curiosity, how often do you play as a survivor? I'm asking because you didn't even know how they are called.

• SmokePotion

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

"Or run that perk that lets you pick yourself up with it." Just out of curiosity, how often do you play as a survivor? I'm asking because you didn't even know how they are called.

About daily. I'm just high atm, and don't feel like looking it up.

And no, there are other times killers slug. They could be running a slugging build and be using that for map pressure.

They could slug cause you're getting greedy with loops and pissed them off.

They could slug cause they saw someone else they think they can get.

They can slug cause they are high and forgot they downed you.

But if you are getting slugged on the reg, you are probably running DS.

• Vietfox

@SmokePotion said:

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

And no, there are other times killers slug. They could be running a slugging build and be using that for map pressure.

Yeah but we are talking about slugging to get the 4K.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

I almost always slug the 3rd survivor until I find the last one.

Sometimes while I am hunting the 4th, he is able to come heal the slugged one...sometimes I find him first.

Sometimes I hook the 4th and the 3rd has crawled to the hatch.

Sometimes I can't even find the slug after I hook the fourth and he ends up bleeding out or even finding hatch or crawling out the gates if they're open.

There are plenty of options. DCing is the only childish one.

• SmokePotion

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

Again, there's a perk for it, if it happens to you on the reg. It's not a big deal, and more trouble then it's worth most of the time, on the part of the killer.

• Vietfox

@SmokePotion said:

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

Again, there's a perk for it, if it happens to you on the reg. It's not a big deal, and more trouble then it's worth most of the time, on the part of the killer.

Oh no, i'm not complaining. I just said that this was about slugging to get the 4K and you said that thing about not using DS, but probably because, as you said before, you are high :p

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Quick story, I love being slugged. There has been times where I was on death hook but the killer wanted that amazing 4k so he slugged me. Eventually he found the last survivor and sacrificed him while I crawled away. The killer couldn't find me which gave me enough time to find the hatch and escape. If the killer would have picked me up, I wouldn't have a chance to escape. Think of slugging as a second chance to survive because you're not losing a hook state unless the killer finds you.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Attackfrog said:

Sometimes while I am hunting the 4th, he is able to come heal the slugged one...sometimes I find him first.

Sometimes I can't even find the slug after I hook the fourth and he ends up bleeding out or even finding hatch or crawling out the gates if they're open.

Am I one of the few players who doesn't bother with that rubbish unless I have got annoyed by the stupid team????

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

Am I one of the few players who doesn't bother with that rubbish unless I have got annoyed by the stupid team????

You might be. If it's a character who I have not hooked yet or only hooked once, I definitely slug (when it is down to two left). It's usually more efficient anyway, since if you hook the other one, it's two quick sacs and gg.

Plus they can't call me a camper in chat lol!

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Slug bleedout should be faster in my opinion, which would make it less boring.

1. it makes i more viable for killers as the survivor will die faster
    2. less time spent on the ground for survivors
    3. at end game when the survivor is hiding (downed) from the killer it prevents long empty gameplay

Maybe compensate the quicker death for a little more speed while slugged though to make hatch a little more possible, would have to tweak other perks that affect you while you're down though.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    SenzuDuck said:

Slug bleedout should be faster in my opinion, which would make it less boring.

1. it makes i more viable for killers as the survivor will die faster
    2. less time spent on the ground for survivors
    3. at end game when the survivor is hiding (downed) from the killer it prevents long empty gameplay

Maybe compensate the quicker death for a little more speed while slugged though to make hatch a little more possible, would have to tweak other perks that affect you while you're down though.

You’re not rewarded emblem points when a Survivor dies via bleed out.

So speeding it up wouldn’t make it more viable, quite the opposite in fact. It would make it more difficult to find the Survivor in time and hook them.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@ModernFable said:

So speeding it up wouldn’t make it more viable, quite the opposite in fact. It would make it more difficult to find the Survivor in time and hook them.

Then don't slug? Most slug matches I've been in the last one has bled out and the killer is wondering around aimlessly looking for them while the survivor slides around the map for a bit.

If you want points for killing survivors then kill them, don't leave them slugged, simple as that.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    SenzuDuck said:

@ModernFable said:

Then don't slug? Most slug matches I've been in the last one has bled out and the killer is wondering around aimlessly looking for them while the survivor slides around the map for a bit.

If you want points for killing survivors then kill them, don't leave them slugged, simple as that.

You misunderstand, I’m not advocating one way or the other for slug changes.

I think it’s fine as is, and I use it when it’s useful.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@Vietfox said:

@SmokePotion said:

@BlackendSea said:

You forgot tombstone and infinite ew3 Myers