Is it worth useing Hex:Devour Hope stage 3?

-By useing Devour Hope with the last tier it gives you on second token Haste as you hook a survivor,BUT it shows survivors that you have Devour Hope(and they will start searching for it).So why don't keep the perk on second tier(it gives us exposed survivor without him knowing that we have this perk).
-Give some of your opinions (maybe update not to show the haste effect).

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I'm not sure if he's still using it, but my favorite Streamer (theentitylefthand) used to keep Devour Hope as part of his build. And what I've learned is that this perk can be a real game changer, even if it never gets to full power.

At 3 tokens, you get the ability to one shot. And even if you down one person from it and they find the hex and take it out, you've cut down one of your chases drastically with that instant down. To me, that makes the perk worth using. If you can get 1 or 2 insta-downs with that perk, it's served it's purpose well.

• Echelonia
    Echelonia Member Posts: 26

I played survivor for many hours and I never knew that a killer had DH before he got the oneshot, there is no notification before that. I really don't think that a survivor can see the difference when you leave a hook with or without speed tokens.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

A casual perk, used for casual plays. Won't work in any decently competitive match as you cannot consistently hook + run away from the hook + protect your totem without extreme luck.

• LyingHope
    LyingHope Member Posts: 12

I'm a fan of the perk, as survivors are normally not aware of it until it already gets the value of at least downing someone instantly. I replace ruin with it if I'm not feeling very try hard and want to get some free moris in.

However, there are plenty of times where a survivor runs into the totem randomly and its gone in the first couple seconds. Its definitely not a very competitive perk, but if you are lucky it can do a lot of work.