Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Calling all Ghost Face Mains

Hello! All you ghost face mains! Will you continue running double recovery addons? Personally, I will continue running double recovery addons despite the tiny nerf to them! I’ve used his other addons plenty of times, and as much as I like stuff like crouch speed, they are bad addons. Continually, Ghost Face still has a bugged purple addon that doesn’t work at all. A lot of players, especially survivors, seem to think GF mains only use double recovery and never experience his other addons. So please discuss here amongst yourself whether or not you’ve ever used his other addons and if you’ll be using them after the patch!

Comments

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited September 2021

didn't run them before, probably won't run them now.

i do actually like the ones that increase the mark meter. as for the other ones there hit or miss.

but thing that sucks is, he didn't get any actual changes that were any good to his add-ons while other killers did.

i would've loved to see some more unique affects be added on like

• when downing a marked survivor, every other survivors have their meters increased up to x%.
    • if a survivor with a meter that is 50% or more takes a protection hit they are given x status effect. or even downed.
    • when his power is active and he is crouched he sees survivors auras within x meters.

even some basic add-ons changes would've been nice.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I don't like running double recovery add-ons. I'll probably just use chewed pen and ghost face caught on tape, as per usual.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
  • Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

I never ran the combo let alone even use them often because I never had the belief that he was reliant on them. I stuck more to crouch speed and Mark Duration. Better for his kit imo

• milkybandit69
    milkybandit69 Member Posts: 64

I love these ideas! I know Ghostface has a pretty basic power but I really wish they had tried to give him some more love like the other killers that got add on passes. I do appreciate the -6s to recovery but this is effectively a nerf to double recovery and a buff to nothing else. It would be cool if they could bake a mini version of one of his perks into an add-on like they have for say Freddy or the new pighouse gloves for Billy. Maybe a mini thrilling tremors proc when downing a marked survivor or an I'm all ears proc for chasing a survivor while stealthed?

Or maybe an add-on that slightly debuffs survivors that reveal you? Say x status effect as not to punish survivors too hard for correctly playing against ghostface.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I personally wonder if this isn't part of the idea. Reduce the need for recovery addons, see what people use or don't use, and use that information for a more thorough add-on pass later.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

The other addons aren't really worth using still.

And it's stupid how you get less cooldown using the new chewedpen/addressbook combo

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If what you say is indeed true, I find it funnier than anything else. You know what people don't use? Anything that doesn't reduce the CD of his power. It has been this way for a couple years already, but hey.. more D A T A, right?

These developers are a straight up parody.

• Zeidoktor

That's exactly why they reduced the base recovery, though. If they do that and people really do still use the recovery addons only, then that means overhauling everything. But if other addons start setting more use then that might mean a different approach is warranted.

From what I've gathered the devs goal seems to be making as many different addons as appealing as possible. To do that with Ghost Face, they need a situation where the most primarily used addons aren't and, of they remain so, that too, is valuable to know.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Recovery addons are a bit pointless when you have to break LOS when it returns anyway. You have to wait a few seconds to be safe to use it. His power needed reworking, not his addons

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

Ghostface could really benefit from a full add-on pass. I definitely will still be running double recovery add-ons.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2021

Why did they have to leave him in this state to make his other add-ons better? So they reduced the CD on his power by 6 seconds.. fine, but then why does it come out as a net nerf? I mean, it's only 1 second longer with double CD, but let's be real.. his other add-ons are so bad that people will likely just keep using book/pen anyway.

What this does is leave Ghostface slightly weaker than before and give him nothing in return. At high MMR, I'd be willing to bet most people use add-ons (if they even dare play this miserable pile of doodoo). That basically means that his 6 second CD reduction buff is worthless.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Only add-ons that make him more enjoyable. Base cool down is so long that most interaction default to m1. Rather have more power usage than minor effects.

• Zeidoktor

Assuming I'm even correct about this, and I could easily be way off base, it seems pretty straightforward.

Your want to do a pass on Ghost Face's addins, but aren't sure how to go about it because certain addons are used so overwhelmingly. So what you do is reduce the need for such addons, maybe knock them down a bit both to compensate for that change and make them a bit less appealing/necessary, then wait-and-see. Do people stick with those addons, as many here have said they would? Do they branch out and experiment with other addons? If so, which ones do they use? Which ones do they ignore? How do they then fare in actual matches?

Let that go for a while and your can learn which addons become/ remain popular, which ones don't, and adjust and rework from there. The alternative is just rework everything from a blank slate and hope for the best.

• I love this idea that they are gonna test where players go from here. But it is v apparent just from community consensus that GF has the worst addons of any killer :((

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Yes. I made a post that got moved about his addons and how they arent good or interesting enough to use.

Sadly anyone who use to double stack the addons now has a weaker GF. Not sure many actually clocked it but we lose 1 second recovery (not a huge amount obviously) but I found it odd, running 1 addon though is always better than previously

• thekount
    thekount Applicant Posts: 8

Chewed pen and the cologne to increases the marked time. Best combo. His crouch addons are worthless

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I might throw in a faster exposed add-on, but regardless power recovery will always be the best.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    edited October 2021

Stalking faster while leaning/not leaning are not that bad, sometimes it makes the difference between marking or not.

• Zeidoktor
    edited October 2021

I feel like any Ghost Face addon pass should include things that effect stalking/ marking as much as anything. I'm no GF expert but I do know many recommend using stealth as just that: stealth and not even bother with stalking. In general, the devs seem to go for encouraging use of a killers full power as much as possible

Some off the cuff examples based on prior addon passes might be ways to incorporate his teachables into his power, like a reduced terror radius when in chase with a Marked Survivor, loud actions by marked Survivors give your a second or so of aura reading, or downing a marked survivor blocks off unmanned generators within a small range.

Another idea: Status effects like Oblivious on a Survivor if you can stalk a survivor from 0 to 100 uninterrupted. Maybe a rarer version that also hits any other close by survivors.