The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I want to play killer.

im a solo red rank survivor main but i want to start playing more killer.I have played alot of pig,trapper,and myers.I played wraith for the first time and got matched with good survivors.This does not make me want to try other killers just to get my ass kicked every game.Do i just keep playing survivor or what?

Comments

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

You have to practice a lot as a killer to get better, and you will lose a lot with the killers you play for the first time, but at least it is not as boring as being a survivor and just repairing.

• Keep trying

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I mean... it depends. Most of the killers have at least a bit of a learning curve, so you're going to struggle for a bit and lose some games while you figure them out. That's okay though, at least for me. Turns out the more complicated killers like Blight and Huntress are also more fun and satisfying.

We killer main go through this every time a new killer is released: we're trying to get a handle on their power while also not having many perks to work with, but we're still being matched against red rank survivors running the same 6 meta perks. You get past that phase pretty quickly though.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Also, is it really all that embarrassing to lose an online multiplayer match when you're still learning the ropes?

If a survivor BMs you because you're inexperienced then that's on them, not you.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021

I think the mods mentioned when you play a killer for the first time, it puts you in the average category. You may get decent survivors and get crushed because your learning someone new. After a few matches when the sbmm has more data on your performance, it's "suppose" to put you against survivors closer to your skill.

Again, this is what it's suppose to do. I personally think it doesn't do a damn thing. I think the MM favors speed over fairness. Specifically the majority's.

• darryl
    darryl Member Posts: 29

with a new killer to me shouldnt my skill be low?im not playing low rank more like low green and high purple.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Just keep practicing and you'll get there

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I would love to have the option to be killer against survivor bots. Would be a breath of fresh air.

• darryl
    darryl Member Posts: 29

So i played a game of wraith and im rank 18.It was my 3rd time playing wraith and went against a 4 man swf.Also 3 of the survivors were red rank so i got my ass handed to me.Any suggestions please?

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

definetely this game will die if killer player shortage. BHVR should be only making killer bot if they want to remove killer gameplay at first

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Stay survivor its easy to play and stress free.

Bonus you can watch netflix while you play best perk reason to stay survivor

• You need to kill them all, or you're cancelled

• Hello, I’m gonna give you the honest truth that people shy from. Playing killer after your first couple of matches to determine where you’re gonna be played on the Mmr scale. These games might suck but you’ll be put with ppl your level. But as you get better at killer you will be paired with better survivors as well. This will go on till you hit a point where it’s next to impossible to win. In other words the better you get the worse the killer game gets… so enjoy those few couple of good games till it throws you in the deep waters.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Don't. Killing is bad.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

It takes a few games to figure out what your MMR is. Try to give it more games. If you're getting your butt kicked it will eventually match you with the appropriate skill survivors. Sorry you're having a rough time. :(

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 359

bruh, its no different than before. exactly the same. they data mined and proved this as well. just play earlier in the day, or play till you get better sorry.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

One time I had a vague dream about winning and got matched vs. Five full ttv lobbies in a row.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

Maybe post on the forum or official groups on your platform of choice for a players down for some rounds of KYF where you can learn killer mechanics and try all perk combos to see which one fits your playstyle without all the pressure.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

The reasoning behind this is that skills are transferable within the majority of the cast. Trapper, Wraith, and Legion can all play the regular M1 killer game where they mindgame at loops for hits for example; it wouldn't be fair to stick you brand new to Wraith with brand new players if you've already gotten the basics from Trapper

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Yeah man, you had your easy walks in the park while playing survivor, but if you wanna step on the killers side you gotta do this first:

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

Since we have an MMR system your rank does not matter.

Since you have previous killer experience, you already have some basic knowledge on how to play the killer.

Since you are trying out a new killer, it is expected to lose a bit more while you get used to their ability... yet how bad are you losing?

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

git gud. like seriously. thats what we killers have been told for years. and once we get good we have to stop tryharding so much. its kinda stupid but thats how it is.....

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Survivors can be carried, Killer's cant. You just have to push through it to learn stuff. Being a good killer takes time.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

There is no killers.

The game should quite literally be renamed to Tom and Jerry...

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Play the higher tier killers and prepare to eat a lot of dirt. Pig, trapper and myer's are good pub stompers but they don't scale. Pick up spirit, nurse or blight (maybe) huntress (maps can screw her pretty bad). If you want to play killers that can actually compete with the best. Some mid tier killers I can recommend is pyramid head, leatherface and plague. Anything else simply doesn't compete.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

When you first started playing survivor, were you immediately great at it and winning most of your matches? I doubt it.

It’s the same thing here. You can’t expect to win all the time when you first pick something up. You have to learn how to do it. Practice, learn, and you’ll get better and start to win more. Stop caring about losing because it literally means nothing. You’re not going to get dumped or fired because you lost in a video game, the worst thing that will happen is thar you’ll feel bad about it and that’s something that is totally within your own control.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Then play killer

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Just keep trying. It doesn't really matter if you're good or not.

Though it does take a lot of practice to get better, so be prepared to spend a while getting the hang of things.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 941

Do what you want

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Be what I want you to be.

I want a pony, and a cookie, and a potty...