Toxic Survivors

Hello Killer Mains,

I get toxic survivors in every game. How do you deal with them? Most of the time the game is not even fun, cause i cant play a chill round. I literaly camp in every game cause i try to punish toxic behaviour like this. What are you doing when you meet toxic survivors?

Comments

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Play the game normally.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

I don't give a ######### about them. Some will try to be toxic to make you waste your time with them while others are doing gens. Some are toxic just because they like to make you mad. They want attention. Just ignore them. Toxic survivors won't do gens too much because for them is fun to make you mad. Go for the weakest player. If they will genrush camp or tunnel. That's the only defense you have. Play more and unlock more perks.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Best way is to look at it from different angle. I personally don't care if they click me or something. It's all about if survivors are trying to make game boring, I can respond same way and either slug them or camp or tunnel. But it's boring for both sides.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I got a toxic survivor yesterday and she was flashlight clicking so I used a hatchet at her and she was knocked down.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Stomp the whole team and slug for the 4K, don’t care if they bleed out on the floor, they deserve it anyways

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Work or your perception on the game. Teabagging is not toxic. Clicking flashlight is not toxic. Sure, it is a BM, but it does as much harm to you as you allow it. If you continue playing at some point you won't give a flying ######### about these things.

Endgame love messages are a different case, but you can just close the chat.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

The amount of people that BM me as Bubba and then wonder why I face camp them is staggering. I don't camp with Bubba unless you go out of your way to spam your flashlight macro at me.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner Member Posts: 139

Teabagging and flashlight clicking is toxic. If you do it to annoy your opponent its toxic. Hitting a survivor on hook for example is toxic too

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,295

Imagine defending toxic behavior. Pray tell, what does “t-bagging” mean? And no, it’s not just crouching over and over.

• R2k

If we actually discuss it, it will end up with nothing cause it's all about do u feel hurt when someone does something stupid or not. Based on your logic everything that u don't enjoy can be considered toxic, because: Damn, this guy does something in a way i don't enjoy. What a toxic scumbag.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Tbag is nothing. Literally.

Tbagging is not toxic, camping and tunneling is not toxic.

The end game chat can be toxic. Slurs and hate words. The word toxic means a lot more than dbd players think.

• Huge_Bush
    edited October 2021

T-bagging is toxic and is nothing like tunneling and camping unless the killer is doing so with the intention to ruin the game.

Heck, the devs have even censored “t-bagging” in the after match chat! If it wasn’t considered toxic, why would they ever think to have it censored?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Fight fire with fire. I don't want to camp or especially face camp, but if you're going to head on me 6 times per match and spend the first 8 minutes flashlight blinding me, im going to try and end the game quickiy.

I won't stand in the corner and give them a free pass. I ll take the max chase points

• R2k

No. It's not about survivors or killers and their precious things, it's about how u react to it. While some people get mad when they are clicked or t-bagged, if u think about it more it's about do u consider doing something stupid is toxic or not. Because if doing something stupid is toxic well then every single human is toxic and they all should be restricted from games.

Picture this - When I chase survivor, and someone nearby clicks me, it's a win win situation for me. I know one survivor is intentionally throwing a game to get my attention, and if I down survivor I can assume he is nearby so I slug him for i while.

But if u think of it like - Well, this guy want to get me mad and now I'm mad..... ARRGGGRGRGRGGR! I will [Bad word] u, it sounds more like u accept his offer and u two do silly stuff.

• Huge_Bush

You just posted a load of rubbish that doesn’t address the subject of whether or not t-bagging is toxic.

Please explain to me how implicating you the killer that you are easily repeatedly dunking your genitalia into their mouth, as if you were dunking a teabag in water, isn’t a toxic action?

All you’re doing is trying to justify toxic behavior because you believe it gives you an edge in the match or perhaps you think it’s funny.

• ThanksForDaily

LMAO, Not the dbd chat filter please!

Words like Myers, Hawkins, Romero, Yun Jin, Adam, David, Jeff and so much more are censored! You can find them here on threads.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Man i love all the little justifications for camping. If you want to camp, then camp. You are absolutely allowed to camp, nobody can punish you for it. But to call it punishment for butt dancing or flashlight clicking is hilarious. If a survivor clicks at me or does the old teabag for attention, I simply turn my back and go the opposite way they're trying to lure me, and 9 times out of ten I find the rest of their team working on the gens.

If you want a chill game? Well I'm sorry but not having a chill game is a risk you take when playing in multiplayer. You might want to relax and have an easy time, nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean the people playing against you are going to take it easy. Some play for fun, some play to win, and yes some play to be annoying jerks, its a mixed bag.

Play how you want to play. Camp if you want to camp, no excuses needed.

• R2k

I'm trying to explain u that being toxic or not, fully depends on your personal reaction. Based on this logic I can call toxic everything I don't like, while it won't be truth for other people.

Until i did something rly bad in after game chat, everything else is game mechanic. If u don't like someone doing something stupid and u use your imagination to call it toxic behavior because for some reason u think about genitalia it's your personal problem.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I just clicked the E and Z buttons, that is not toxic

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Being annoying is not toxic, it’s being annoying.

People really weaken the definition of ‘toxic’ with stuff like this. Something toxic is something poisonous and harmful, it’s behaviour that harms others, not just behaviour that annoys.

Toxicity is people saying horrible things, people harassing you, etc. Smacking someone on hook or teabagging is not harmful behaviour, it’s rude and immature but that’s the extent of it.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I think people actually really weaken the definition of teabagging rather then the definition of toxic behaviour. If shoving his ballsack into the opponents mouth is not considered to be toxic, then probably nothing else is.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

honestly just ignore us im the definition of a toxic survivor i do it all. teabag flashlight flicker 360 moonwalk run meme builds abuse glitches all the good stuff. being ignored annoys toxic survivors more then anything and they will chase after you trying to get your attention and waste/throw the entire game just to attempt to get your attention. remember they aren't getting anything done. they are not helping they are hurting there team. they want you to chase them because they know how to loop you/piss you off. so maybe chase them for a minute and then ignore them for the rest of the game. it works trust me

• xenotimebong

Except that there are no ballsacks in DBD and even if there were, they wouldn’t be anywhere near the killer’s mouth because you can’t knock a killer to the ground. The only thing they’re dunking their hypothetical balls into is the grass.

Teabagging is only a thing in DBD because it’s one of about 4 things survivors can do to taunt, and even then people complain about the rest like pointing and flashlight clicking being toxic too. What horrors do they represent, violently poking your opponent’s eyes out and using the flashlight beam as a form of sensory torture?

• xEa
    edited October 2021

I guess showing someone the middlefinger is then also just showing the middlefinger and has no actual meaning.

And poor survivors are entiteled to be rude because... like you say, they are so limited in taunting.

• ThanksForDaily

No it's not. Toxic behaviour as i said many times in this thread but you didn't bother to check is the end game chat. Racial slurs, hate words.

If you think pressing of a button is toxic, you're weak and don't undrestand what toxic behaviour really means. Only dbd community thinks that tbagging or pointing is toxic.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

It’s usually followed up by:

”ggez baby killer” if they escape

or

”trash killer… tunneling/camping garbage… carried by <killer/perk/addon>” if they lose

TBH I haven’t gotten any hate messages from killers in over a year.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

I will sometimes go play as ghostface and have crouch speed add-ons and just enjoy the view of the map while they do their business if I get to many toxic survivors.

It is fun watching them try to find me while I hide

• xEa

Welp, i guess everyone lives in his own world. For me, taunting like showing the middle finger or shoving balls in someones mouth is a bit rude. If it is not for you, then thats fine. But what this has to do with beeing weak is beyond my comprehension. In my world manner exicsts and not beeing a complete unneccessary ######### should be common sense.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I've played for over 3 hours today, and have yet to get a single game without toxic survivors. Last round was with a streamer who was getting boosted by 3 other survivors that did nothing but bully the whole game. Then harassed me in the end game chat, because the streamer got very little points (when they did nothing all round except accidently run into me and ended getting sacrificed).

They weren't live, but it's just really disheartening to see so many streamers promoting toxicity in the game, when this game relies so heavily on influencers for advertising.

• dbarranco
    dbarranco Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2021

I disagree with this. Yes, they are just "pressing a button" but at the same time, they're taunting the killer and trying to make them feel bad for not being able to catch them. After you see this in almost every game (especially with the introduction of SBMM) it's hard to keep that motivation to play killer alive when you're constantly being taunted by the other team. Honestly, I think t-bagging and flashlight clicking is just straight-up rude, and it sucks that people don't realize/care about it. I rest my case.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

8 stacks of stbfl and hit them on hook.

• dbarranco
    dbarranco Member Posts: 97

Honestly, at this point, I've just stopped playing killer altogether. It's just not fun anymore when you can't get a single kill and when the survivors rub it in your face (t-bagging, flashlight clicking, etc.) I'm not encouraging you to give up on killer but at the same time, it's an option. If I were you, I would try to just put a mental block towards it if that makes sense.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

"I literally camp in every game". Maybe that's why u find so many toxic survivor lmao.

In case your toxicity would be a response to a provocation, I'd suggest you to camp tunnel the one guy being toxic. And then keep playing chill.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

Had a toxic Nea and Feng duo recently who were looking to bully me as Trickster, clearly underestimating me since he's a weak killer. Teabagging at predropped pallets, flashlight spamming, emoting, going in and out of lockers. Wasn't Trickster's best map either (The Game)

Needless to say I'm glad I brought a Mori. I usually don't bring moris to be toxic but just because I love Tricksters Mori so damn much and I usually won't Mori all 4 survivors anyway. The most satisfying Mori on Nea and Feng disconnected on hook so I wouldn't be able to Mori her. I also included smacking them on hook and throwing a couple knives at them on hook.

They only got 1 gen done before I 4k'd.

• xenotimebong

Can you reread my initial comment please? I didn’t say it has no meaning, I actually said it was rude, immature and intended to be annoying. But that isn’t the same as toxic.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I just play the game normally. And if I don’t have any kills when all gens pop I camp survivors.

• ThanksForDaily

No, i don't know. And it's not.

Only weak mindsets believe that is a toxic behaviour.

Toxic means a lot worse things.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Haven't seen a good example of a Kafkatrap in a while, but here we are.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner Member Posts: 139

I only start camping when i meet toxic survivors. Thats why I camp in ever game, cause i meet them in every game

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Queue up for the next match and move on.