Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Welcome to the sbmm

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Firstly I didn't say it like that. Secondly I acknowledge solo queue has massive problems.

Please tell me I'm wrong here. If OP wants to enjoy the game more find some friends to play with and have fun. You don't even have to be a swf sweat squad to have FUN. Me and my friends "lose" plenty of matches but we have fun and that's all that counts.

By all means continue to torture yourself with solo queue if you don't like the idea of making friends and playing with them lol

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Ahhh but here’s the catch a lot of us don’t realize, a lot of middle schoolers play this game. Don’t get me wrong- there are adults who play immature and adolescents that are decent, but there are too many entitled kids in our DBD community.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Making friends isn’t the problem. I have friends and most of them have no desire to play DBD. The friends that I do play DBD with aren’t available to play every time I am.

I’m a bit bored of people trying to derail the thread by saying “well just play SWF then”. SWF is irrelevant. It isn’t the point. It has nothing to do with the things I’m talking about so there’s no point in bringing it up. Of course I’m aware that it’s an option that exists and believe it or not but I do play with people sometimes, but the people I play with do have other things going on with their lives. Sometimes I have free time to play DBD and they’re not online so I play solo. My mistake, obviously, trying to have fun with a game mode that exists in the game.

• xenotimebong
    Options

I don’t think this is the issue. Solo queue just needs many quality of life improvements.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347
    Options

I would recommend to play killer. Even tho you will end up playing survivor when you want to have a chill game.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

You have to understand this forum is extremely killer biased. You won't find much support here no matter how many facts you throw. A lot of biased killer mains live in their own reality and only talk about the absolute exception: Full SWF bully squad against a perkless Wraith.

That's the narrative they try to push as if that was the standard match. It's not. What you posted is the average match.

• xenotimebong
    Options

I can’t pick your personal build because for all I know you run meme or off-meta builds every match. But in my experience 99% of Huntress players run some combination of the following:

• Corrupt/Pop or Ruin/Undying
    • BBQ
    • Some random perk that only Huntresses run, like Iron Maiden or Bitter Murmur
    • Every once in a while Blood Warden, I see BW on Huntress more than any other killer
    • Cooldown and wind up add ons, usually Oak Haft and Flower Babushka
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I feel your pain mate. Annoying thing about survicor is that you don't even need full meta builds if your team is good enough, but it usually isn't.

Solo Q will make you want to play swf, which will beat killers, who then go full meta because of this. Then the cycle continues till everyone is swf, new to the game or left it and every killer is running a full meta build.

Basically this game makes you need to be meta (aka Swf and Killer using meta build) because of the potential horrible games you might get if you don't.

• Apexgnifrums
    Apexgnifrums Member Posts: 335
    Options
  • ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Well I apologize for my initial comment. I guess it came off pretty cold and uncaring.

It's just that the fact is if you're not having fun playing solo queue your only real options are: play killer, play with friend(s) or play something else entirely. All of which I defer to when I try to play solo and two or more of my "teammates" DC instantly leaving me for dead and then the killer hits me on hook until I die even when I've done nothing wrong to them.

I completely agree with you and others, that BHVR needs to help solo queue I just don't know if they'll ever do it. They seem so reluctant to do so it's really painful.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    edited October 2021
    Options

Only one of those had multiple slow down perks. Nurses, BBQ, Tinkerers, Lethal are all not slow down perks

Edit; I didn't include NOED because you've mentioned it in your OP. It is also not a slowdown perk.

Is this a bait thread? because also not all these Killers are even running tier 3 perks. They still have NOED and Ruin at Tier 1. One was a blight without Undying no less, why didn't you just cleanse their Ruin totem if it was that much of a problem for you? Are you too new to the game to know totem spawns?

You also didn't post evidence that your team is actually running meme, non-meta perks.

Try running BT, Detectives, Lithe, and We'll Make It. I guarantee you, that you're games will be better even if you do die. You will get to Rank 1 Survivor in no time, and then not have to worry so much about what anyone else is running.

• xenotimebong
    Options

LMAO okay dude. You’re telling me that if a survivor was running DS/UB/DH and We’re Gonna Live Forever you’d shrug it off because they’re running one perk that isn’t 100% meta? Sure thing.

• Kurri
    edited October 2021
    Options

They said the killer was running all slowdown, when they were all running 1 slowdown, and Corrupt isn't even fully a slowdown perk, but some people consider it a slowdown so in that one case they had 2.

Regardless of which, Corrupt only lasts 2 minutes, and Ruin you can just cleanse at the start of the match, so they are not even a issue.

As far as Killer meta goes, Nurses Calling, and Lethal Pursuer are not even meta perks.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • xenotimebong
    edited October 2021
    Options

Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is multiple slowdown perks. Corrupt/Ruin/Pop is multiple slowdown perks. The Ruin/NOED Spirit was more just for the hilarity factor of a Spirit running Ruin/NOED with Mother-Daughter Ring and Dirty Uwabaki.

• xenotimebong
    Options

Nah it's cool, this thread got a bit heated for some reason so I was probably just being more defensive than I normally would be.

I'm just playing killer now tbh. I don't think the devs will ever do anything about solo queue because it's probably the reason killers even have a kill rate above 50%. If they ever did anything to address it it would make the balance issues in the game even more apparent and killers would probably leave en masse.

• Kurri
    Options

Ruin isn't an issue because "just do bones" - like any good survivor does. They are unreliable.

You have an issue with the Killer running 3 perks all game to get a slight advantage during EGC? Should of done bones. Good job, you countered NOED and the Killer played the whole game with only 3 perks.

Ruin is the only slowdown perk in Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer;

1. Ruin: All Generators automatically regress at 100/150/200% of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired.
    2. Undying: The Auras of Survivors within 2/3/4 meters of any Dull Totem are revealed to you. When another Perk's Hex Totem is cleansed, its Hex is transferred to the Hex: Undying Totem, including any accumulated Tokens, disabling Hex: Undying instead.
    3. Tinkerer: Whenever a Generator is repaired to 70 %, it triggers a Loud Noise notification and you are granted the Undetectable Status Effect for the next 12/14/16 seconds.

Only Ruin regresses generators. You should learn what a slowdown perk actually is, before making a post pretending to know what you're talking about.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Too much is expected from the survivor side. If a team has to be perfectly coordinated, then something is wrong.

Randoms would never coordinate well with one another anyway.

• xenotimebong
    Options

But then if killers are nerfed so that uncoordinated teams can win more often, how do you address SWF and the advantages that coordination gives? Because a half decent SWF has a decent advantage over solo queuers and they would win almost all the time, which isn't fair either.

I'm not asking for killer nerfs, I think more killers need to be buffed than nerfed at this point. The problem is solo queue, not killers.

• Kurri
    Options

Run Borrowed Time, Detectives Hunch, Lithe, We'll Make It.

Borrowed Time: Guaranteed Safe Saves for Benevolence Emblem.

Detective Hunch: Let's you find Totems so you can cleanse 2-3 for Evader Emblem. Counters all Hex Perks. With a Map, you remember all revealed objects locations.

Lithe: Any time you fast vault, you receive the "Escaped" reward, even if the killer continues to chase you, because they had to either go through the window or around to start chasing you again. This guarantee's the Evader Emblem.

We'll Make It: You heal other survivors faster, which helps the Benevolence emblem, and at the same time they live longer in a chase even if they themselves are bad at chases. Borrowed Time also helps during the time you are healing a survivor off hook, if the Killer does come back they still have a protection hit to escape.

• xenotimebong
    edited October 2021
    Options

you keep talking about emblems like they actually do anything.

• Kurri
    edited October 2021
    Options

The pip system and grade system is calculated around Emblems. Once you reach grade 1, it doesn't matter what you do in game since you can't lose grades.

The emblem system is the only thing in game that actually tells you if you've won or not. Even the Killers victory declaration is based off the emblem system.

Fewer than 8 Killer Goals would result in -1 Rank Pip and the lose message

"Entity Displeased".

8 Killer Goals would result in no Rank Pip gain or loss and the message

"Brutal Killer".

9 to 15 Killer Goals would result in a +1 Rank Pip gain and the win message

"Ruthless Killer".

16 Killer Goals would result in +2 Rank Pips and the win message

"Merciless Killer".

Do you really not know anything about any of this? Like why are you so rude when you lack so much knowledge of the game?

• xenotimebong
    Options

My post was talking about the frustration of playing survivor solo and you started talking about pips, I honestly assumed you were joking. I don't think I know a single person who even notices whether they pip or not after about 100 game hours. I also didn't say anything about winning or losing in my post, my issue isn't that I'm not "winning" enough it's that I've completely ceased to have any fun when playing survivor not in a full group.

Why do you think that pips are a signifier of a win? Why are they any more or less meaningful than any other arbitrary condition like 4 kills or 4 BBQ stacks? It's not difficult to pip, in fact I feel like you would have to try NOT to pip most of the time.

What does achieving rank 1 do? It doesn't actually do anything. Is it a difficult achievement? I would say definitely no. Reaching rank 1 literally does nothing now so it's even more meaningless than it was before MMR was introduced.

• Kurri
    Options

You're getting upset over nothing. Just do totems and you'll be fine.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

SWF is their breadwinner though, they care about quantity over quality. Which means they aren't gonna improve solo queue nor killers. So....get with the program man. SWF or bust.

• xenotimebong
    Options

Why do you think that I'm upset? I'm not upset, I'll just stop playing the game, it's no skin off my nose.

"Do totems" also does nothing to address my issues with solo queue so I'm not sure why you would think that's remotely helpful.

• Kurri
    edited October 2021
    Options

Your only problems was with Hex Perks. Ruin and NOED. The Killers you faced only ran 1-2 slowdown. You are blaming the wrong people for why you are losing games. It's your own fault you are losing games.

Solo Survivor also is in a good place right now, and you are upset because you actually have to have skill and know how at the game to do well.

• xenotimebong
    edited October 2021
    Options

Quoting directly from my post since you can't read: "Please note: I'm not complaining about killers running meta perks."

That said, it's irrelevant anyway because I've uninstalled.