What's Everyone's Opinion on MMR

Obviously MMR was released with 5.2 however many people have complained about it including YouTubers such as Demi and Otzvada. What does the community actually think do you think a cat could have done better or do you think BHVR got it right?

Comments

• I prefer it because i actually feel like i play against people that are like me, casual players.

• LegionMainsRCute
    LegionMainsRCute Member Posts: 25

Really? Personally I can't find a casual game it's virtually impossible. I used to have fun and use weirder builds but lately I can't seem to get 1 win like that, and I'm not a bad player, then again I'm no sweat lord either. Point is I used to play to have fun however lately I feel as if I have to use the Meta Perks to get a win.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Great on killer, frustrating on survivor.

• I never actually use the meta and the killers i like to play are considered low tier by a lot of members in the community. The survivors i go against also don't often all use the meta perks either. So im thinking my mmr is just low.

• LegionMainsRCute

I think it's frustrating for both, I mean first time I played killer on MMR I went against better survivors than the players I'm matched with as survivor at high MMR. It's really bad for both sides and I think it needs to be altered or just removed altogether.

• LegionMainsRCute

I'm stuck in this weird zone where if I get a good killer who's fun to play against I get bad team mates however if I get a bad killer he gets bullied by my amazing team mates. It's really bad honestly needs to be fixed.

• Also my match results are usually 2-3 kills with 4 every now and then. Haven't had 4 escapes in a long time.

• survivor MMR for me has been good actually. With rank it was very easy until rank 8 honestly

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Ehhh, I don't like it that much.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

It's one of the most bizarre things on this game. For killer, it's awful because you will see most survivors running a variant of the small pp build. Granted that's just the obvious choice for survivors to select, but it demonstrates the core problem with DBD. SBMM forces you to almost always see the meta of the game, and DBD's meta is obnoxious. Rarely are the matches actually unwinnable, but the "just kidding, you're not making progress" perks are, by design annoying. It also ensures that, even more than before, trying a new killer you don't have a good setup with is going to be awful. I have no idea about queueing regarding SBMM anymore. At first, it clearly had terrible queue times. Now it feels like it's loosened up. I just don't know anymore.

One thing I hate with any SBMM is that I don't feel like I'm going against people. I'm fighting an algorithm trying to keep pushing my limits until I can't pass it anymore. I kind of don't care in a defeatist sense.

For survivor, it's very weird. So, as a killer main, my MMR is bound to be bad. I've played survivor for significantly more now trying to get good with the other role. SBMM is completely unpredictable as survivor. It has some of the biggest matchmaking competency swings I have seen. One match, you're playing against a baby with 1-2 perks. The next after you beat that killer, you face a fully decked-out meta build killer that at least has an idea of what they're doing or is way above the skill level you're used to dealing with. It's not likely you're slowly climbing the latter as survivor. Oh no. You get catapulted from one end to the other semi-frequently.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

i stopped playing because of it. It was 10 minute queues for 3 minute matches against people who held m1 and stalled with bullshit. Not worth my time at all.

At least with random matches, you'd only go against this game's bullshit 1 out of 10 matches or so. With MMR it's every.single.match.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited October 2021

SBMM doesn't allow variety anymore. Always the same killers, always the same perks on both sides, most of the time the same way of playing (gen rush and tunneling).

For me, it removed almost all the fun on both sides.

On killer side my experience is still better as i can "play" with the survivors, i mean i'm rarely a dick unless you deserved it. So i try to give them fair trials where they can do some points and stay alive long enough (often till there is 1 to 2 gens left to be done).

As a survivor, i often get tunneled. Also i'm sometimes farmed by my teammates and this at a high MMR... terrible experience in soloQ, worst than before.

So globally, i think the game design needs some changes, DbD has never been in a good state so it's time to bring some changes.

It's sad that the game development is going on two different speed... Pinhead has a good design that needs some tweaks but he is really great and fun to play with/against meanwhile unbalance is still trash, optimization too etc... weird way of developing a game, really.

And how do i know i'm at high MMR as a survivor ? i face Otzdarva and sometimes i'm matched with Truetalent and other well knozn streamers as a survivor.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Doesnt work. Encourages sweaty DBD which is really boring imo. In a game as imbalanced and rng dependtent as this it is near impossible to accurately determine "skill".

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546
    edited October 2021

That it's wasn't ready yet...

Some matches I get good Survivors then others not so much... Some matches I get good Killers others not so much

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It depends, in a lot of ways I prefer it. In many other ways, I wish we had the old system. It is a mixed bag. I could swing either way. Generally speaking, I prefer to have skilled based matchmaking in pvp games. But with how ludicrously survivor favored the game is... I just don't know if it makes logical sense.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

The MMR has been alot better for me.

My solo queue survivor matches have all been pretty much high quality matches where the other survivors are great and the killer is also great.

When I play with my friends who don't play often at all it's a wide range of good survivors and killers or below average but that's what I'd expect as that is in between our skill level.

As killer it's been overall great too, I didn't play killer much at all the few months before the update but now it's my go too.

Personally for me this is probably the greatest level of balance I've felt in this game for a long time.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

Love it. 4 slowdown killers and people who want to end the game in five minutes have boring games, I have fun. :^)

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I really hate the MMR it's made both sides for me not as enjoyable as they used to be.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It sucks.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If BHVR's goal was to replace the old system and improve nothing with its initial release, then they did an actual good job on my end.

I've felt virtually no changes after the transition.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Literally one of the worst things to have happened to this game. Games may be more "balanced" but the overall enjoyment on both sides is next to none. It removed the fun aspect of the game which was the casual part of it.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

I dislike it. Majority of players disliked it during test phases and would give arguments why it won't work in the game like DBD, yet they still pushed it live.. It makes killers experience even more miserable. You're forced to use meta perks and meta killers, otherwise you won't stand a chance on high MMR. Trying to push competitive elements in asymmetrical games is a no go.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216

I have noticed virtually no difference, to the point I have to keep reminding myself that it's even on to begin with.

Doctor is my main, and before MMR I would consistently 4K without really trying. When I played him after MMR, it was pretty much the same when I would expect the absolutely perfect Survivors I got with Clown a little earlier (who then got traded out for absolute lemmings who might as well have thrown themselves onto my hooks in my third match).

I have gotten more chilled Survivors when playing Huntress (who I'm so rusty with that I can't hit the broad side of a barn), so I guess it does something but it feels like the same red-purple ranks I was at before on both sides.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Honestly there's pretty much no difference for me

The games are still extremely inconsistent

• panaku
    panaku Member Posts: 23

suck's ass... the proof that the dev dont listen to the comunity and just want they small money from new players and their cosmetic.. they dont care about the balance stupid god pallet and #########... being playing over 2-3 years now and just stop playing this game cause all night i had this swf who gens rush the hell out of you and then they bully you thinking they are goood for holding M1.. like really.. i dont want to play sweat all night.. even in survivor side .. i get these stupid team or i get this 3 man swf and me alone and we just destroy the killer.. where the fun

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

Pretty disappointing, the survivor side is pretty much the same as before and the killer side is wildly inconsistent and ranges from noob-stomping to hell on earth.

After, what has it been 2 years, since they started working on this, it finally releases and depending on who you ask it's either inconsistent, the same, or worse, than the old system.

And you know this is the system we're gonna be stuck with for the rest of the games life considering how much dev time was spent on it.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I kinda became a casual player over time do to lack of time...I really like it :) it was bad at first....but I suppose that is because everyones MMR was not stabilized yet.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Awful as expected.