Should Wraith's out of cloak speed duration nerf go through?

Options
Leonardo1ita
Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,202

His lunge will get nerfed because, as said by @McLean_Yep , it was made longer to compensate a bug, and now that it's fixed they wanna revert it back, because, as stated by the patch notes, it was "too oppressive".

Should this nerf really go through?

Should Wraith's out of cloak speed duration nerf go through? 66 votes

No, this nerf shouldn't go through
62%
SnakeSound222GibberishBlueberrySacrilegeGGimmortalls96Leonardo1itaDelsKibaraFlopiyutiopElikJack_TheJolteonAvilgusKnotEnthusiastEmealbjorksnasTatariulandromatOniWantsUrLocationCluelessglitchboixtr4me 41 votes
Yes, Wraith is too oppressive
37%
White_OwlSeiko300gneheheanarchy753FreddoWTBaconAGMRoboMojoIcewhispernickoffordFilthyLegionMainHippieAwkward_FiendLuciferr_2ndDhurl421darkcloudlinkNoOneKnowsNovaDwightFairfieldMilesFengisKawaii 25 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

This nerf should not go through, maybe the All seeing add on, but Wraith's basekit should he buffed instead, to give him an anti loop ability, and I think that giving him a BUFF to his speed out of cloak, where it lasts 1,50/1,60/1,75 seconds would be great

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited October 2021
    Options

His base kit is fine. No nerfs or buffs needed.

Nerf his silent bell and all seiing blood harder though

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Nerf his all seeing addon and silent bell, but leave Wraith himself alone.

• Leonardo1ita
    Options

I think that Silent bell should be nerfed, but have bone clapper somewhat basekit. It's too much a downgrade playing without one of those 2 or Swift hunt. You take too much time to get out of cloak, and you move so slow.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Wraith's base kit is fine. All Seeing Blood and maybe Coxcombed Clapper needs nerfed, though.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,251
    Options

all seeing nerf is fine, coxcombed could use a slight downside like 10% longer decloak, 10% decrease in cloaked movespeed (from 150% to 140% not to 135% I don't dislike it that much.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    Options

The All-Seeing nerf can stay, even if it's a horrible way of nerfing it (they didn't nerf it correctly).

The nerf to Wraith's already average chase power is completely pointless though.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Yeah im fine with this

Its really boring and annoying when a wraith hits you, then immediately cloaks and just tries to down you with the lunge.

Every wraith does it and its such repetitive boring gameplay

This little nerf should hopefully make people play him the way youre supposed to play him, it clearly wasnt intentional that wraith should chase people while cloaked

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

it clearly was intentional, its really not that hard to understand why wraith would use his lunge mid chase. And wdym "the way they you are supossed to play him" i ve been doing that since the days of having no add on slots as wraith.

I still dont mind it as much, i thought they would gut him to a hillbilly level of destruction. his iri clapper (love calling it that) is still in the game, shadow dance hasnt been nerfed, iri all seeing is still there. his speed is still there. everything i loved about playing as him is still there.

• Miles
    Options

that would be way too much. specially 1,75

• Miles
    Options

god damn it cut it out with silent bell, why does everyone think it is op.

• Miles
    Options

every time i ask about it no one responds

• landromat
    Options
  • Miles
    Options

oh please, i really want to hear someone explain why. the only time someone decided to explain to me why it is they told me it was because of all seeing blood

• landromat
    Options

No notification means survivors have no time to react. With combination of grey add-on ou have no terror for some time after uncloaking. you're basically super fast ghost face with 0 power cooldown

• Miles
    Options

that would make sense if Wraith´s most effective tactic wasnt just uncloaking on your back. i think Wraith actually going for strange angles to try and get grabs or jumpscares might actually be more healthy for the game and fun for survivors than him just uncloaking behind you 0 ######### given and smack you.

• Miles
    Options

also im pretty sure Ghostface´s power relies more on the 99% stalks he has rather than his ability to run up at you

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

I understand the all seeing change well enough, it was very strong , however removing his ability to play loops effectively will just make him trash again

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

I don't think he is too oppressive, but when they buffed him I thought the uncloaking speed boost buff was unneeded so I don't mind the change. In any case if you're careful with positioning while uncloaking you don't really need those 0.25s.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I'll say no- but I honestly didn't even notice a difference when I played wraith.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

Calling Wraith overpowered was just laughable. He doesn't need this nerf whatsoever.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    Options

Nerfing his already weaker than average chase only cements hit and run as the only viable play style. Which is boring for both sides.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

Something about Wraith needed nerfing. I would have sooner nerfed his addons, but it had to be either the ridiculous lunge, or the addons. I'm happy with this change, though the All Seeing change could have been done better.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2021
    Options

It's less that Wraith is super powerful at high ranks (he's not)

and more because he's just easy to play.

Wraith has a much lower skill floor because of how simple his power is: invisibility + movespeed and that's really it. There's not much nuance to Wraith that requires hours of practice to be able to use him effectively compared to say the other two original killers:

• Trapper has always been weak because of the time it takes to setup but even beyond this, playing well requires map knowledge, knowing how to budget your time efficiently between setting traps and applying pressure to survivors, where to place your traps (place them in obvious places like beneath windows and pallets where they might be easily disarmed, or less obvious places where nobody might walk into them? Or something in between?), knowing how to appropriately herd survivors into dangerous areas where they will get caught in pre-set traps, etc.
    • Hillbilly, who has a mechanically more difficult power to control, you need to be able to gauge time and distance between how quick you can rev up a chainsaw and whether or not the survivor you intend to hit is going to be able to make it around the loop or behind some obstacle in time? You need to be mindful of how quickly the chainsaw moves you forward such that you don't accidentally sprint past your target. You've also got to be able to handle sudden and sharp turns with the chainsaw as hillbilly so that you can effectively use the power at different loops. Keeping an eye on your chainsaw cooldown to make sure it doesn't overheat; knowing when to use your chainsaw or just use a simple M1 is its own skill in itself as well.

Wraith doesn't really have to think about any of these things. Don't get me wrong, every killer requires their own set of knowledge and skillset to be able to use and more importantly to use effectively, but I think most or at least many people might be able to get behind me when I say Wraith has become more mindless in recent history. Get a snappy hit on one survivor, disengage, go to another survivor, hit them, disengage again, and then return to the first and catch them unaware for a quick down. Rinse and repeat.

Let's be real here, the speed boost Wraith has when uncloaking is used more often to catch survivors out of position before they can get to a pallet or window more often than it is as an actual anti-looping tool. This kind of playstyle often left survivors feeling a bit frustrated or at least mildly annoyed- because they aren't getting a chance to express their own skill in chases, and more tense and exciting interactions with the killer gave way to these short stunted interactions leaving a bit more to be desired.

I'm not sure if this was the right change to be made, whether it was too much or too little, but I think Wraith needed some small tempering back a bit which is something I don't think I ever thought I'd say. Again, not because he's powerful- but because the lower skill floor means it can sometimes feel as though less skilled players are getting rewarded for not as much effort.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited October 2021
    Options

No, it is fine and most people complaining probably don't know how to play against him. You just need to properly position yourself and he will be forced to uncloak and chase you like a normal killer or leave you alone.

And no, he was not "a wee bit op" BHVR.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    Options

There is not a single argument that can be made for current CC that can't also be made for old Prayer Beads on Spirit. They're the exact same effect, just with the charge time on the other end. Keep the effect, but lower the movement speed down to pre-buff cloaked speed when using it so that you trade pure stealth for map pressure.

• Miles
    Options

Prayer beads makes the phasing sound global for anyone outside of their terror radius, as a matter of fact that is not something cc can do, that is something Bone Clapper literally does.

and 2 things, again, Wraiths most effective playstyle does not get complimented by coxcombed clapper, because he literally can just uncloak on your ass and get you before you get to a pallet if you react slow enough. Coxcombed aims at you going for strange angles to try and surprise survivors.

And second of all what you suggested would make coxcombed clapper yet another meme iri add on, are you not aware of how horrible old Wraith's movement speed is?

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    edited October 2021
    Options

I'm guessing you're a new player, or you missed the word "old" in front of Prayer Beads. Back in the day, Prayer Beads just removed all of Spirit's phasing noise, no matter if in TR or not. So you would be sitting on a gen or doing a totem, and you'd just suddenly be grabbed off of it when Spirit appeared on top of you with literally 0 sound. It was incredibly stupid, just like current CC.

It depends on the style. I prefer windstorm lunging, in which you are correct, it doesn't matter. But the other super popular style is hit and run wraith, in which case it ensures survivors have no time to react by removing the audio cue, so if they're out of LOS its a free hit. Run sloppy and do that 5x times, and its gg.

And yes, I've been playing Wraith since before the original Windstorm buff. And shockingly, even before this most recent buff, CC was still incredibly strong. Full stealth isn't a "meme" addon, its other killers entire power. And having full silent bell with 126% movement speed while cloaked, the ability to combo it with allseeing, and a lunge greater than T3 Myers that the survivor has next to no time to react to isn't a meme, it's incredibly strong.

• Miles
    Options

Yes, ive been playing for only a year.

Hit and run atill doesnt get benefited by CC at all, becquse you can still just uncloak on survivors backs and whack em. This only doesnt work with survivors with a functional brain but at that point CC aint gonna save you.

I still disagree with you on that coxcombed clapper change, before the speed buff and considering his current nerf to his speed after uncloak, moving at 126 even with silent bell would make it into a meme add on , because back thene even tho his coxcombed was ther with all seeing as well, people ranked him as almost worse than trapper.

Ill just agree to disagree at this point, thank you for explaining why tho.