Raccoon City PD Enjoyers - Why do you love the map?

Options
Hippie
Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I'm always curious as to other peoples' opinions on more controversial content, so I was wondering what RPD Enjoyers liked about RPD. What appeals to you about the map? Do you enjoy playing it frequently or infrequently? Do you like playing it as Killer, Survivor or both? And lastly, are you already one for liking indoor maps in general? I'll be happy to hear your opinions!

(You can also talk about why you dislike the map but please be respectful. It's OK for gamers to enjoy things that other gamers don't! 😏)

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

The visuals. That’s about it.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Because it’s easy to hide there :))

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

I played an entirely too much amount of time of both RE2's so I understand the map a lil better, but I get why so many trash it. Hard to find gens, impossible to find totems without Det Hunch, can't find vaults without Windows, and it is entirely too large as a killer.

Knowing much of the map allows me to play there no probs as a surv, but as a killer it's rough.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    Options

wait they exist :O

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    Options

I thought they were just a myth just a legend

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Nice to look at, I like the haunted hotel kinda feel it gives. Barely ever play on it though.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

The visuals and atmosphere are all I love about it. The gameplay, on the other hand, where do I start...

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Terry the tiger has a dumb face

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

I'm sucker for resident evil that's good enough reason there to begin with I love the visuals and atmosphere of the map but from gameplay point of view no comment there we all know both sides have hard times on that map

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348
    edited October 2021
    Options

I enjoy the atmosphere and the visuals of the map and also it is nice to get once in a while because I get swamps and farms way to often...

Also I just recently played through re2 and re3 remakes so I know the map a little better

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited October 2021
    Options

I play as both roles but mostly survivor, playing as killer gives me anxiety

I like the atmosphere and the idea that I am in a big building with a killer on the loose is pretty cool to me, Gideon and hospital don't give me that vibe because the appearance and layout are pretty unrealistic, the closest map that matches the feeling is Midwich. I don't like outdoor maps mainly because the gameplay is pretty repetitive, the only thing unique about them is the main building, outside is just the same old tiles with a coat of paint over them.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 920
    Options

It's so fun when the killer does not know the map and is so easy to juke him

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I love the map from a accurate standpoint. I'm big a RE fan so it's fun to see how well behavior did with the making the RPD in DBD. from gameplay standpoint it's horribly balanced.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309
    Options

Looks great. Good Ghostie map imo too. Other than that....ye, it is what it is ;w;

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Free escapes as survivor. And free reason to guilt free face camp as a killer.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

It's my favorite map the traps are hidden inside the entity covered hallways :)

Pls it's just fun looks nice and different hope for more maps like it

Navigation was difficult until my 5th or 6th game now it's easy to get around

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Let it be known before I say why I enjoy it: I do not think the map is a good fit for DBD.

Despite that, it's pretty, it's interesting, and it is a breath of fresh air to the linearity of DBD's typical design. I think it's just too different, in that it was lifted from another game wholesale - the same design team didn't make it, and so compared to other maps the flow feels.. off.

I like the different levels. I like the twists and turns. I don't like how these elements have DBD logic hammered into them rather than adapting both to find a cohesive synthesis that actually compliments DBD gameplay.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

I like it as certain killers, these being Demo, Wraith, Nemesis and Pinhead.

Anyone else or survivor and I find it relatively boring, and its probably my second least favourite realm out there.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

Honestly, I like the map, top 5 for me.

Great visuals, I know the design, and I think its pretty cool.

However, I know how incredibly unbalanced it is, and I'm not gonna use offerings to force it.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

It’s a new change of pace, I like the actual scary environment/aesthetic of it, and I like the layout. It actually feels like somewhere id encounter a killer.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

I just love RE, that's why

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

I like the map because 4/5 Players refuse to learn the map and therefore will perform horribly on there. hehe ah okay you got me. 😝

I like the short passageways, its interesting to have variety, its funny how its basically Azarov's Resting Place but on two floors.

I dont like the Entity Goop tho.

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    Options

as an experienced and resident evil lover, i have played re 2 so much that i can navigate the map with no issue what so ever.

i also like the vibe