Do You Play Killer Without Information Perks?

Options

Personally, I feel like I'm at a disadvantage if I'm not using Discordance or Surveillance. I gotta know which gens they're prioritizing so I can stall the game. If I go into a game without a generator-highlighting perk, I feel like I'm going in blind because it's harder to gauge the priorities of the team.

Do you feel the same way about your own info perk? Maybe it's BBQ or even Bloodhound that you prefer. If you don't have them, do you notice yourself having more downtime patrolling? Or do you trust your intuition enough to never use info perks at all?

Comments

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I like BBQ because I don’t like to camp unless a survivor or two are hovering around the hook. Points are nice too.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

No, I'm addicted to BBQ, Discordance and Nurse's Calling. Every single one of my builds has at least one of those, sometimes even two.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

You pose a great point by saying that not having at least 1 information perk feels like a great disadvantage. About JUST GENS though is where this gets interesting.

I, personally, love information perks in regards to HEALING so that being injured is much more of a threat to the survivors. Nurse's Calling is an obvious one, so that you can stop heals before a survivor goes up a state. DeathBound is a fun one. You get to know where survivors like to run off to hide so that they can heal up safely. If they heal and it doesn't Proc, the heal took place nearby. These two pair very well for a lot of mischief 😈

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Different brains think different ways. I enjoy Nurse's Calling, but I find myself getting more pressure out of Discordance. If they want to stop and heal, at least they're not making gen progress.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

I always run a mix of of information perks and chase perks. I usually have BBQ on (I like my 4 stacks!), Discordance, Enduring and then the final slot is for usually another chase perk. I'm currently liking Spirit Fury in an effort to wean myself off Brutal Strength.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

BBQ, Discordance, Thrilling Tremors, they're all fun depending on how they interact with killer powers. I frequently don't need them, but they're handy if I've gotten lost or lost traction in a trial - a primary use for each is mapping where individual survivors are so I can focus on chases/juggling, one of my favourite parts of playing killer.

If I'm not using them, it's on killers like Ghost Face, Doctor, or Hag, who have info built into their powers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

yes

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

For me it's Whispers (and BBQ... but that's beside the point)

Without Whispers I feel in doubt

• throwaway79465468797
    Options

Spy crows always tell me where they're going, or more precisely where they are, and without having to look for them

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I feel naked without Discordance or BBQ on. Generally at least 1 of your perk slots should be dedicated to information. Similar to Survivors dedicating 1 slot to an Exhaustion perk.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t use information perks that much. But if I need points i’ll put on BBQ and a party streamer.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

BBQ is usually on but when i dont have it on the killer I tinker with all the information perks. I don't feel i need them though. I prefer perks like Lethal/corrupt, brutal, scourge hook, play thing, lullaby, stbl, sloppy over most.

I like to use perks that I guarantee value. Nurses has a range limit, whispers picks up hooked survivors, disco (which i do use) requires multiples on gens which is not as common as it used to be.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Short answer: Run 4 Slowdown, git gud.

Long answer: get good at natural tracking/prediction/real time mapping and stop letting the game hold your hand..... also let it hold your hand and run 4 slowdown perks.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I only run bbq for "tracking. I use bbq more for that bp. Between chase and gen slowdown, Tracking isn't that good compared to the others.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I love using Deathbound. It's been one of my favorites ever since Pyramid Head was released! I also like using Spies from the Shadows from time to time. And I do enjoy using BBQ but I haven't unlocked it on all of my Killers yet (I just unlocked it recently, even though I've been playing Killer for ages...).

But no, I don't use information perks every Killer game. I do enjoy using them frequently though... especially Deathbound! 😍

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I am a BBQ gamer for now, but really, the information rarely helps me. I do it for the juicy BP. Otherwise I prefer chase perks.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Unpopular opinion, but for me it’s Spies!

It’s so specific - gives me far more reliable information than Whispers (for me anyway). Many times it leads me straight to survivors that I would never have noticed otherwise. And if we get and indoor map….. 😈 Let’s just say survivors gonna have problems navigating through the poultry infestation!

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Wasn't your tag formerly Mod? If you got a new position congrats.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hard to "naturally track" when 2 guys can crank out a generator in 40 seconds

At that point, it doesn't matter how good your "natural tracking" is, you need to make a mad dash for that generator as soon as they're on it, or it's gone

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374
    Options

Depends on the killer, but i have BBQ anyway, and often i use tinkerer. information is key, especially with slowdown perks on big maps.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

no, because i always run bbq (for the bp)

im also becoming addicted to lethal pursuer too so that doesnt help

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

Thank you!

Just to add to my previous post - I'm All Ears is somethign I've been having a lot of fun with recently and I find that survivors do not expect me to have it....it's lead to a few people saying I'm hacking after the game, which has been kinda interesting! I do explain the perk though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

BBQ is basically always in my build.

Depending on the killer, I may use some more of em. Like, on Pyramid Head, I'm All Ears is his best perk without a shadow of a doubt, so of course I use it on him.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309
    Options

Ooh good luck on that one! I forced myself off Brutal a while ago because I had become kind of addicted to it lol. It just feels too good to run on certain killers <3

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

I don't play killer without bbq.

For points btw, not for the auras. But the're appreciated.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Right....I run Brutal on most killers. Recently I get great use out of it with Charlotte and Trickster. I replaced POP with Brutal on Trickster since he's too damn slow to get value out of it most of time. Also the fact I feel I need to be in chase as much as possible with him to have a decent game (Repair as fast as you can while I kill you fast as I can).

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

All my perks are randomized every trial, so quite often I'll be having strange setups with none of those perks.

After a while you find that they're not always important. Useful, yes. But you can win without them.

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Can't play killer without BBQ and a regression perk. It's like trying to play survivor without kindred and a exhaustion perk

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

I really like to use information perks. But sometimes i think i should just get better game sense and use more regression instead.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

When I have finally finished farming, ill unequip BBQ and be naked.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Anytime i take off whispers I regret doing it. Even when it's not active it's helping by telling me "no one is in this area. Look somewhere else".

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

BBQ is the only information perk that I ever run on my standard builds and even then its only for the Bloodpoints since it's easy enough to tell where most survivors are after hooking (although sometimes it does help when I would have otherwise been wrong).