Twitch Streamers & Facecamping/Toxicity etc.

Riasama
Riasama Member Posts: 21

So How do y'all feel 'bout twitch streamers that does stuff like this:

• Facecamp (Killer)
  • Generally Camp (Killer)
  • Calls out another DBD streamer out for behaviour
  • Does nothing else but trolls the killer (Survivor)
  • Has a premade team of full decisive & flashlight (Survivor)

I mean, I myself want to become a Twitch streamer & when I see people do any of the mentioned things I get pissed no joke.
I got facecamped earlier and apparently this streamer was pretty popular and instantly banned me for ironicly saying "Where did you get those facecamping skills? Mind teaching me?" (I'm an ######### I know - but I get pissed that he gets to be popular and well I don't)

I know that you can't just get popular outta nowhere but I feel like facecamping isn't the way to earn fans on Twitch or am I wrong?

Please tell me your opinions & your own experiences with this.

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    there is no such thing as facecamping
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Lowbei said:
    there is no such thing as facecamping

I guess you haven't been facecamped by The Clown -P

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Riasama said:

• Facecamp (Killer)

I mean, I myself want to become a Twitch streamer & when I see people do any of the mentioned things I get pissed no joke.
    I got facecamped earlier and apparently this streamer was pretty popular and instantly banned me for ironicly saying "Where did you get those facecamping skills? Mind teaching me?" (I'm an ######### I know - but I get pissed that he gets to be popular and well I don't)

I know that you can't just get popular outta nowhere but I feel like facecamping isn't the way to earn fans on Twitch or am I wrong?

I mean streamer or not doesn't really matter. Anyone can put up streaming and have an audience overtime. Ok yeah they have people who watch them. They are just another player doing stuff.

• Riasama

@Zanfer said:

I mean streamer or not doesn't really matter. Anyone can put up streaming and have an audience overtime. Ok yeah they have people who watch them. They are just another player doing stuff.

I guess, but it generally pisses me off because I tend to think that it's more entertaining to be "good" at the game. Personally I enjoy watching intense survivor/killer chases & a killer making some genius plays.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Riasama said:

@Zanfer said:

I guess, but it generally pisses me off because I tend to think that it's more entertaining to be "good" at the game. Personally I enjoy watching intense survivor/killer chases & a killer making some genius plays.

Bro I know how you feel xD. I would stream, but pc is ######### rn and need a new system before trying it. I can't call anyone's stream trash cause I don't stream.

Example: The same as saying you don't know how to fish when you your self don't fish lmao.

• Riasama

@Zanfer said:

Bro I know how you feel xD. I would stream, but pc is ######### rn and need a new system before trying it. I can't call anyone's stream trash cause I don't stream.

Example: The same as saying you don't know how to fish when you your self don't fish lmao.

I mean I stream but a killer survivor makeout session is apparently more exciting than me screaming and running away from a 0 terrorradius Myers

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

Camping in general is pretty annoying, not to mention boring on both ends. But hey, if their audience is that easily entertained then so be it. Poor peeps.

As far as going in with a strong loadout, that's a more effective and understandable strategy.

• Riasama

@Silas said:
    Camping in general is pretty annoying, not to mention boring on both ends. But hey, if their audience is that easily entertained then so be it. Poor peeps.

As far as going in with a strong loadout, that's a more effective and understandable strategy.

Ah okay I see, thanks for your opinion!

• Dibs
    Dibs Member Posts: 22

@Riasama said:

• Facecamp (Killer)

I don't think AngryPug is popular because of his toxicity. He is popular because he can interact with his audience, and keep them entertained. He just happens to be toxic and intolerant of perceived contradiction or criticism. For example, look at Bahroo, he is the fosters a welcoming and tolerant community, without attacking people, and he has greater success than pug.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I dunno. Seems odd to me as well. I only watch Tru3Ta1ent myself. He’s not the best, but I enjoy his content, even with his flaws. 

I want to Stream myself as a PS4 player. All twitch Streamers are on PC, and I understand why. Just think it would be nice to have a PS4 player Streamer around so console players aren’t sitting there going “Yeah, but that only works on PC...” Really been trying hard to master Nurse on PS4 as she’s the last Killer I’ve yet to get super good with. I’m Decent at the least. I have a lot of messages from Survivors saying I should, but I don’t think I’m good enough yet.
  • Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    For those thinking of streaming but feel they're not good enough yet, best advice: start streaming anyways. Worked for me. I felt the same, was fearful of making mistakes or needing to master the game first. Nah, just need a good attitude and passion for it. So jump in and make mistakes! It's all about preserverence.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

They're an annoyance, like anyone and anything that is toxic in this game.
    That's a pretty simple question.