Demogorgon: Is using 'Lifeguard Whistle' while placing portals right next to gens cheesy?

I know i know, play how you want don't care what people think, etc...

I'm in dog ######### MMR so I can afford to play nice which means I usually try to avoid face camping even in EGC, and don't tunnel, etc..

I'm learning Demo right now, and just messing with his different addons. So Lifeguard Whistle triggers KI for any nearby survivors w/o having to charge my power. So Im guessing, hey why not just place my portals right next to the gens, so that when survivors work on the gen ill be getting a notification.

Just wondering if camping gens is a thing? It wasn't a 3 gen situation, they completed 2-3 gens.

Comments

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Don't see how else it'd be used, unless you plan on camping basement with free info, or maybe happen to have a map with one tight connecting hallway which can give info. Maybe guarding a hex with it?

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

It's using an add-on to its fullest potential. If it's active, then they can see it. It's on them.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

There's literally no other use for that addon. Either you place your portals on gens/hexes, or just use another one instead.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2021

Never let other people's opinions on your gameplay or use of perks stop you from having fun.

If you enjoy using that build, do it. You're allowed to have fun, and it's decently strong.

• rugby_hook
    rugby_hook Member Posts: 21

Camping gens is not a bad thing. Survivors do complain about it, but especially if you're like me and don't have many perks available, it's the only info you are able to get. This sounds like how the perk was intended to be used.

• Billy_Capră
    Billy_Capră Member Posts: 38

As someone who is also learning Demo more, as of late, it seems like the add-on was quite specifically designed to monitor points of interest...and generators are pretty dang interesting :)

And honestly, even coming from a Survivor perspective, I would assume that to be the main use case.

Don't let Survivor salt (or Killer salt) get to you. It's just the way entitled people react to failure. It can't be their fault. Must be that tunneling killer or that Toxic SWF made up of solo queue players...

Excuses, excuses. One day they'll realize that "their MMR" just ain't as high as they think.