Threatened to be banned

Options
Jago
Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Because I did a body block under hook.

That guy don't stop sending message to me telling me he reported a lot of people that did that and have been banned.

Is that a new thing or should I just report this guy for threatening me ?!

Thanks

Comments

• Jago
    Options

Thank you mate. Seriously he doesn't stop his shet and harass me for that, I was starting to think he was right lel

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Wait did you bodyblock the basement?

• Jago
    Options

No, just a hook, to get a we gonna live forever stack

• Jago
    Options
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2018
    Options

If they don't ban people for making racial slurs in the post game chat, I doubt they would ban you for this.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited December 2018
    Options

Mad grit says hi

• Jago
    Options

@cardgrey that was one of my firsts arguments !

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

@Jago said:

That guy don't stop sending message to me telling me he reported a lot of people that did that and have been banned.

Thanks

You could try blocking him instead and not start silly threads.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited December 2018
    Options
    BigBubs said:

@Jago said:

Thanks

How would you react if you were worried that you’d be banned from a game you enjoy playing?
    I played a game with a streamer and ended up in their lobby, told them in chat and paused the stream so I could play without sniping or feeding info or anything.
    Right at the end I said “gg [streamer name]” and the last guy who died, who died on hook from second phase while I waited near the gate and took the hatch, accused us of working with each other and getting me and the streamer banned for it.
    I came to these forums to ask if I could legit be banned just because some salty ######### who expected me to kill myself saving him saw me say gg to the streamer immediately after the game’s end. I was scared I’d actually get banned - Survivor-Killer team-up farming is bannable permanently, and I wasn’t teaming.
    Fortunately I was told no, and apparently that was true because I haven’t been banned for it.
    So I ask again - how would you react if you were told you might get banned for something you’re not 100% certain on being rule-breaking or not?
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@BigBubs said:

@Jago said:

Thanks

Why did you feel a need to post?

:|

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    He's full of crap. Body blocking is not a bannable offense any more than camping is. Report him for harassment.

Thats not harassment actually.

Also you should be aware that falsefy reporting can get you banned too (they said so at least if I remember correctly)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,786
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    He's full of crap. Body blocking is not a bannable offense any more than camping is. Report him for harassment.

Also you should be aware that falsefy reporting can get you banned too (they said so at least if I remember correctly)

Constantly messaging him saying he's going to get him banned is harassment. No question about it.

• Master
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Constantly messaging him saying he's going to get him banned is harassment. No question about it.

We both know what "constantly messaging" means in such a case. And if he really did, then you simply quit the lobby and its over :wink:

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

We both know what "constantly messaging" means in such a case. And if he really did, then you simply quit the lobby and its over :wink:

Oh do tell. What does it mean? Why are you assuming he is messaging him in the lobby?

• Master
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Oh do tell. What does it mean? Why are you assuming he is messaging him in the lobby?

Because if he is not, then its not BHVRs buisness

• Doowie
    Doowie Member Posts: 37
    Options

What Master said if correct. If the messages are being sent through Steam, then the OP needs to contact Steam's support to report the harassment. The developers can only take actions if said harassment was typed within the game lobby.

• Jago
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@master @doowie There is no lobby chat on Ps4. It's all coming directly in your message box. Since you can report people for being rude / insulting, you can't report harassment based on the Dd report cause Sony don't care about this.

And as he forced to be manipulative with me and non-stop messaging about being banned, yes, I was starting to doubt, and that's why I posted my request here @BigBubs ;)

• Jago
    Options

@Judgement exactly ! Thank you... Some people these days... Just get salty and want to ruin the day of other people instead of trying to improve themselves...

• Doowie
    Doowie Member Posts: 37
    Options

Ah my bad, I didn't notice this was happening on the console.

• Master
    Options

@Jago said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@master @doowie There is no lobby chat on Ps4. It's all coming directly in your message box. Since you can report people for being rude / insulting, you can't report harassment based on the Dd report cause Sony don't care about this.

And as he forced to be manipulative with me and non-stop messaging about being banned, yes, I was starting to doubt, and that's why I posted my request here @BigBubs ;)

Well if you dont tell us on which platform you play, then we can only guess.

On PS4 as you said they use the playstation social network to communicate, so its sonys responsibility and not BHVRs. BHVR is responsible for stuff that happens ingame, but if players use the platform to harass each other, then the platform owner has to take care (steam sony or microsoft)

There should be a block button btw, even on ps4 I think :wink:

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Master said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

I never said report them to BHVR, my friend. I simply said report them. If they are harassing you by constantly sending you messages threatening to ban you, then they are accountable to someone for harassment.

In this case it seems its PSN.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

As has been said, you are in no danger of being banned. Secondly, if this guy is harassing you as you stated, report him to Sony, they do listen and will ban quickly. I have had to do this far too many times with people who harass my wife the rare times she uses any form of voice chat and the lonely realize she is a woman. The messages female gamers get is disgusting.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@lasombra1979 said:
    The messages female gamers get is disgusting.

Too true. And then those ######### will claim that "there are no girls on the Internet". Yeah, there are, but they'd rather not deal with your bullshit.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@Orion said:

@lasombra1979 said:

Too true. And then those ######### will claim that "there are no girls on the Internet". Yeah, there are, but they'd rather not deal with your bullshit.

I agree with you but I'd just like to point out that "there are no girls on the Internet" is a dumb 4chan joke that has been around for years. It isn't that they literally think there are no girls on the internet. lol

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@Orion said:

@lasombra1979 said:

I agree with you but I'd just like to point out that "there are no girls on the Internet" is a dumb 4chan joke that has been around for years. It isn't that they literally think there are no girls on the internet. lol

You'd be surprised how many people take it as the gospel truth.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Unless you do something like glitches etc. Ur not going anywhere the guy just mad over a body block. 
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options
    Judgement said:
    BigBubs said:

@Jago said:

Thanks

How would you react if you were worried that you’d be banned from a game you enjoy playing?
    I played a game with a streamer and ended up in their lobby, told them in chat and paused the stream so I could play without sniping or feeding info or anything.
    Right at the end I said “gg [streamer name]” and the last guy who died, who died on hook from second phase while I waited near the gate and took the hatch, accused us of working with each other and getting me and the streamer banned for it.
    I came to these forums to ask if I could legit be banned just because some salty [BAD WORD] who expected me to kill myself saving him saw me say gg to the streamer immediately after the game’s end. I was scared I’d actually get banned - Survivor-Killer team-up farming is bannable permanently, and I wasn’t teaming.
    Fortunately I was told no, and apparently that was true because I haven’t been banned for it.
    So I ask again - how would you react if you were told you might get banned for something you’re not 100% certain on being rule-breaking or not?
    I gotcha man it's all good. I've had many a theats in my online time (mostly taking monsters from people on ff11 with my op pld.) point is u asked. we answered so go play and have fun. even if that fun is leatherface camping.