The Raining Blight - Fanmade Halloween Event

Renjiro
Renjiro Member Posts: 53

Dbd's events have gone very stale and boring over the years. All we get is a slightly altered lobby, login rewards, boring codes, event themed battlepasses, two or three archive challanges and skins you have to pay for. Fun event right?

I'm tired of this nonsense, so I decided to make my own event and share my ideas with the community.

Enjoy.

THE RAINING BLIGHT:

The raining blight lasts from 17th to the 31st of October (Two weeks). During this event we have a Blood-hunt (double BP event) and a bunch of Halloween themed activity's:

• Hollowed curse: A new game mechanic for public matches. Five 'hollow pumkins' will spawn in the trial. Survivors can see the auras of hollow pumkins within a 16m radius in orange.

If they find one, they can interact with it. This interaction is called 'Enlighten Pumpkin' and it takes 8 seconds to complete . Once the pumpkin is lit, the killer will be notified and it will transform into a cursed pumpkin.

These have purple flames inside of them and are shown to the killer within a 64m radius in orange. The killer can interact with cursed pumpkins, the action is called 'Destroy Pumpkin' and takes 2 seconds.

Once that happens all players will gain 6 pieces of the halloween currency (Blighted serum). With those, players can buy cosmetics. Enlighting or Destroying a pumpkin gives 500 BP.

• Event hooks and generators:

Two hooks and one gen will become blighted hooks/gens. Hooking any survivor for the first time on one of these (Only activates once per trial), will give the killer 4 blighted serums and the hooked survivor 2 blighted serums. Every survivor that repairs a blighted gen will get 2 blighted serums. + Extra BP for both ofc.

• Halloween offerings:

- Rotten candy (Brown): Increases the chance of getting halloween event items by 20%.

- Pustula Pattels (Yellow): Add's two additional blighted hooks and one blighted generator.

- Horror movies (Green): Increases the amount of blighted serum that all players get by 2.

- Blighted teddy bear (Purple): add's 1 additional pumpkin into the trial.

- Iridescent Pumpkin (Pink): Resets all pumpkins once the endgame collapse has been triggered.

• Final thought's:

Of course there would also be event themed challanges and daily's. But I don't want to go into to much detail. I'd prefer this event over what we have right now. New mechanics and more earnable stuff. The hollowed curse mechanic and blighted objects encourage players to work together to get the most out of this event. Instead of just playing selfishly all the time.

I hope you liked my ideas and if you have anything to say, give me feedback. Happy Halloween <3

Comments

• Renjiro
    Renjiro Member Posts: 53

I just came up with the idea yesterday. But thank you for your Feedback. And I do agree with alot of the stuff you're suggesting. I just think it would be more Interesting with these pumpkins. Survivors find and interact with them so the killer can destroy them. But I get your point aswell.

With the offerings. The brown is survivor exclusive and counts for all survivors, so people have to stack em. The Pink one is killer exclusive. I forgot to mention it srry. I made this fairly quickly becouse of all the text.

Thanks for your Feedback <3