What if Survivors had their own unique bonuses?... Sort of.

DrVonKrumm
DrVonKrumm Member Posts: 59
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Hey folks, just posing this question here to see what people think. What if each survivor had a built in blood point bonus in a specific category that ties to their intended play style / personality? For example Dwight's perks are built around locating team mates and delivering bonuses to getting things done as a team so his bonus would lie in the objective category, whereas Meg’s Perks are based on getting away from the killer in a chase so hers might be Boldness.

As for the bonus itself it could be a simple 50% extra or 100% extra in the given category, kind of like a built in offering. Or maybe it could be 25% to start but increase by 25% with each prestige level.

My reason for suggesting this is because sometimes playing survivor doesn’t yield a lot of points at end game and it can feel a bit more grindy trying to level up the characters. Obviously this is due to survivors having to fill a role in the game and are not always able to cover all categories in one game like a killer does. It’s not a major problem for me but I had this idea and just thought I’d share it.

That’s it really, thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this idea. Below is a list of what categories I think each survivor could get a bonus for (I’ll explain on request).

Dwight - Objective
Meg - Boldness
Claudette - Altruism
Jake - Survival
Nea - Boldness
Ace - Survival
Feng - Objective
Laurie - Survival
David - Boldness or Altruism (can’t decide)
Quentin - Altruism
Tapp - Objective
Kate - Boldness
Adam - Altruism
Jeff - Survival
Bill - Survival (whoops, almost forgot this guy, sorry but I’m a console player :) )

EDIT: @thesuicidefox suggested that it would be a good idea for some characters to have a smaller bonus in more than one category and I’m inclined to agree as it would further their individualities, which was the whole point of this idea.

Here’s the new list they suggested...

Dwight - Objective
Meg - Boldness
Claudette - Altruism
Jake - Survival
Nea - Boldness/Altruism (75/25)
Ace - Survival/Objective (75/25)
Feng - Objective/Boldness (75/25)
Laurie - Survival/Boldness (50/50)
David - Boldness/Altruism (50/50)
Quentin - Altruism/Objective (50/50)
Tapp - Objective/Survival (75/25)
Kate - Boldness/Survival (75/25)
Adam - Altruism/Survival (50/50)
Jeff - Altruism/Survival (75/25)
Bill - Survival/Altruism (75/25)

Post edited by DrVonKrumm on

Comments

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    David would most definitely be boldness
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Sandt21 said:

Given his story & 2 Perks being WAY more Bold, i'd agree.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited December 2018
    I could live with this. Up until someone criticizes my choice in character anyhow. Should be less likely to happen than if they had straight up bonuses, but possible. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I really like this idea.
    David should be boldness
    Bill should be alturism imo. Borrowed time is for that and unbreakable for going down for your tunneled teammates and getting up. His other perk is trash so Idk.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    If you got survivor why  it killer the  since some killers get 0 deviousnes some games
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I like this idea, but are we talking BP earning rate or BP post trial bonus? If it's the former the BP boost should be high like 100% so that you just earn BP in that category crazy fast/easy. If it's the latter then BP bonus should be something low like +25%.

@Sandt21 said:

Why can't he be both? If the base 4 characters are one of each category, then David could be 50/50 since he could kinda be both. Nea could be 75/25 boldness and altruism (bc Streetwise). Feng would be 75/25 objective and boldness (bc Lithe). That sort of thing. Then each character is a bit unique in the way they give BP. It would be a lot more fun that way, IMO.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I made a new list with split values if anyone wants to take a look:

Dwight - Objective
    Meg - Boldness
    Claudette - Altruism
    Jake - Survival
    Nea - Boldness/Altruism (75/25)
    Ace - Survival/Objective (75/25)
    Feng - Objective/Boldness (75/25)
    Laurie - Survival/Boldness (50/50)
    David - Boldness/Altruism (50/50)
    Quentin - Altruism/Objective (50/50)
    Tapp - Objective/Survival (75/25)
    Kate - Boldness/Survival (75/25)
    Adam - Altruism/Survival (50/50)
    Jeff - Altruism/Survival (75/25)
    Bill - Survival/Altruism (75/25)

Note that Adam, Jeff, and Bill while all being the same 2 categories would offer different values for each. If you want to do both, pick Adam. If you are more interested in saves, do Jeff. If you are more interested in survival, pick Bill.

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    I would switch up Laurie with Nea, cuz of Urban Immersion and the fact that people, who run DS, are trying to get killer's attention.
    But I kind of like this idea, because than survivors wouldn't feel like simple skins when you level all of them up and get the perks on every surv.
  • DrVonKrumm
    DrVonKrumm Member Posts: 59

@Boss said:

@Sandt21 said:

Given his story & 2 Perks being WAY more Bold, i'd agree.

Fair point, I suppose I just only ever think of him playing altruistically because of ‘we’re gonna live forever’.

@redsopine01 said:
    If you got survivor why  it killer the  since some killers get 0 deviousnes some games

I wouldn’t be opposed to killers having getting the same treatment. I specified survivor because I think they could do with a bit more individuality to make picking one to play more to do with what they have to offer and less about which you like the look of. When you start getting teachable unlocked they just start to feel like skins.

@thesuicidefox said:
    I like this idea, but are we talking BP earning rate or BP post trial bonus? If it's the former the BP boost should be high like 100% so that you just earn BP in that category crazy fast/easy. If it's the latter then BP bonus should be something low like +25%.

@Sandt21 said:

Why can't he be both? If the base 4 characters are one of each category, then David could be 50/50 since he could kinda be both. Nea could be 75/25 boldness and altruism (bc Streetwise). Feng would be 75/25 objective and boldness (bc Lithe). That sort of thing. Then each character is a bit unique in the way they give BP. It would be a lot more fun that way, IMO.

I was thinking post game at first but now that you mention in game gain, it may make it feel like they’re more adept at a specific task. Food for thought I suppose.

I hadn’t thought of split values, that’s a very interesting idea and I like it. I’ll include it and your list in the first post.

@Najemniczkas said:
    But I kind of like this idea, because than survivors wouldn't feel like simple skins when you level all of them up and get the perks on every surv.

That’s exactly what I was thinking of when I had this idea, I’ve been on a mission lately to unlock all teachable sand it made me think ‘what’s unique about each survivor when I’m done?’

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Honestly, I'd say cut the survivor down to 3 perks + an inherent character feature. Right now, its pick claudette with the dark coat and sit in a dark corner when the killer is near

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Great on paper, terrible in execution.

There will /just be/ that one survivors ability that is better than others, and then you get locked into playing that character and you will see less of the others.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I've always loved the idea of passives on any kind of game, but if this became true they shouldn't allow the killers to know who are the survivors.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I think this is something that is badly needed in the game. Might encourage more survivor play as well. Shorter killer lobbies. Would make choosing a survivor more than just an appearance. Love it.