latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Nerfing your favorite killer?

Nerfing your favorite perk?

A stricter sbmm?

Optimization issues?

Microtransactions?

Adding a dating simulator where the survivor chooses which killer to date?💖 gunslinger just reels them in

Edit...well I guess we found the answer for some people☹

Post edited by latinfla4 on

Comments

• I'll never know until it happens

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

If they removed Spirit from the game, then I probably will leave.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,489

The Realm Beyond did.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

them managing to nerf solo survivor in some way

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It’s probably not one single thing but rather an unintended attrition.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Hard thing to answer. They been making the game better but something is missing. I have not been playing as much as I used to :/ maybe this upcoming patch will fix that though...maybe.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 679

I don't think anything could make me quit dbd, maybe take a hiatus until that thing is fixed but otherwise no. As much crap as we give the devs, they're smart enough to know when something is majorly horrible. Through the ptb they can filter out the bad.

Changes to killers, maps or bugs won't destroy the game. Maybe cause a temporary riot but never destroy it. The biggest threat to dbd is for its players to lose interest

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

They are already getting close to that by nerfing B tier Killers like Wraith. His addons were too good but nerfing his base kit too? What a crock.

If they nerfed Leatherface or Demogorgon I'd probably just quit, it'd tell me the Devs don't care about Killer players whatsoever and no Killer is allowed to be competent.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

Behavior continuing to just add perks and characters without changing the core gameplay to be more interactive and balanced for both sides.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I actually already stopped before, came back when I noticed they fixed it.

Why I left? Well, to be fair, I left a bit early before hearing out the full changes, but these were the suggested changes at the time:

1. killers being able to close the hatch(at a time when the hatch was the only reason a survivor could escape in a 1v1 by finishing gens)
    2. DS being turned into an E press rather than a skillcheck
    3. Survivors at the time were recieving nerf after nerf after nerf already(yes, window getting entity blocked was a nerf, windows being boarded up was also a massive nerf, neither were a "fix" as killer mains love to call it, it was a neccesary one, but one at the cost of fun pallets, which created the era of pallet vacuums), while things like Dying Light with an Ebony Mori/Ivory Mori proxy camp werent even touched. Killer nerfs were rare in comparison.
    4. The EGC at the time sounded extremely bad, because gate spawns were even worse than they are now.
    5. Nurse was still capable of 5 blinks, and with Dying Light being killer meta, you can see why this was a problem.

You can actually check the steam player count when this announcement was made, because it was the start of a massive drop in players.

As for right now, well, if SBMM truly ends up what they promise to be, rather than the fuckfest it is right now, I dont see too much reasons to leave other than me getting bored with the game. If SBMM remains to be a fuckfest, I'd probably consider playing a different assymetrical game, like VHS or Propnight(its actually quite fun, basically prophunt meets dead by daylight)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Nothing specific, I stopped playing for about a year for no particular reason, I just got into a different game and kind of got out of the habit of playing DbD. 🤷‍♂️ I started playing again the last week or two, we'll see how long that lasts. I don't have anything in particular against the game one way or another, I've just played it a while and there's a ton of other games and things to do out there.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

If the next map - whenever that one comes out - is anything like RPD then I will certainly consider quitting. In terms of enjoyment, playing on RPD is only slightly behind injecting lysol into my veins.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,749

Should another chapter release like RE cause so many issues across the board, and come so very close to killing this game on the older consoles in particular, that would do it for me.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Either if the game gets boring or the devs are actively harmful (like if they did NFTs or promoted discrimination or something like that).

I don't think I need to explain these. If I don't want to play a game then I won't, and if I don't want to support a company I won't.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I dont think Trapper will ever get nerfed, so I will stay.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Not remaking the Resident Evil chapter so it's actually good.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 556

At this point the only thing that would probably ever stop me playing is the servers shutting down.

I've been through enough messed up stuff with the game I don't think anything else would make me pack up & leave at this point other than the odd break.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

If there was a better horror game then ya but atm there's no horror game like this.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I'm not entirely gone, but I've probably only played like three matches in the last two months. The formula is just stale for me. I love the concept, but doing the same objectives over and over and over again just feels pointless. I think there's potential for different game modes that could make me fall back in love with dbd (as long as those modes would work on console...). I could see myself uninstalling if I don't see anything too exciting in the next few chapters

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I am scared of a Leatherface nerf because he generates the most tears. But they would need to bludgeon him with the nerf hammer, the old way. Because you know, some nerfs are worse than others.

They are already getting rid of my favorite map. Not sure I could handle my favorite killer disappearing too. I guess I would have Nemesis to fall back on.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If I stopped finding it fun. Hasn't happened yet, so probably not gonna happen for a long time if ever.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

If they keep nerfing killers and don't nerf survivor gen speeds. also if they nerf nurse I will cry, also if they keep SBMM i will riot

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Whenever I get out of my depression slump and get back into my real life hobbies lol

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Loss of internet

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 774

Not any singular thing. The more I have to engage with the game's bullshit, the closer I am to getting rid of it forever. Have gotten closer to it slowly for the past year or so. Playing with SBMM has been the worst tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if I finally say bye bye to this game if this keeps going as it is.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

A general goal to reach, when i finish the rift, i just stop playing if there is no events or something.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Boon totems. Im a survivor main since 19

• latinfla4
  • latinfla4

That would be some nice fan interaction but we see how communication is right now.

I would love to see your idea come true 😁

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2021

I don't think any realistic changes will stop me from playing DBD completely. I do get burned out or have assignments to do and thus have had breaks where I don't play DBD for months - but I always come back. It'd have to be a fundamental change that overhauls the game in such a way that ruins DBD's core mechanics to stop me playing for good.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

This crappy MMR system really making me consider quitting.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I'm not sure. But I definitely don't play it as much as I used to. And I usually need a couple drinks before I even consider logging in.

Thing is, I love the game. It's the community I have an issue with. I keep coming back in the vain hope that maybe I can talk some sense into some of these people. I think deep down I still love the game enough that I want to push back against the worst parts of this community as I see much of my former self in a lot of them... a former self full of rage over a flippin' video game. I remember always being mad at games.... then I saw it in my own kids and realized what an idiot I was being over something that should bring joy.

So I keep coming back and pushing back against the rage over things that people have no control over in hopes I can turn people away from their path of disappointment.

• latinfla4

They dont want to lose their money train...it might be even more necessary to retain people after what happened recently 🤑

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213

SBMM made me quit for the time being. Killer just simply isn't fun to play anymore and being a killer main, it ruined the game for me. I'll consider coming back if this dreadful system ever gets removed.

• latinfla4

Its even worse with boons🤣 old undying was seen as OP but boons? Nah let them loose

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70

This patch is a good reason to quit the game.

For killers its unplayable, and there they go, put boon totems.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Being taken off steam.

Or Mcote recommending me to play Civilization again.

Damn, that game is good.

• latinfla4

Well at least for the time being only one boon is a problem🤣

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

They already have with the removal of number badges at the end of matches,the increase of wait times caused by the stupid sbmm system and the fact that they lied to us with the whole nft situation

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

A long string of horrible updates... check.

Some inexcusable business practice... also check.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

If they do a full 180, give us an apology and make a announcement that nfts are a scam followed by a few patches I might come back to the game

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

It's happened already, on console. Back around when the Resident Evil chapter came out, framerates were unplayable with lag spikes dropping the fps to 0 every few seconds. I took a break from the game from basically the middle of June to the middle of September.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

Infinite loading screens.