Help vsing pinhead.

Options
Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Anyone knows what you can do once you're trying to solve the box but chains keep stopping? What is the counter to that?

Comments

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Chains attack in clusters of 3 with a cooldown. wait 3 chain attacks and solve the box.

Do not wait until timer is full because of additional chains

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I'm not sure if there's an addon that only spawns the box when the chains are active, but I have had that happened before, otherwise I usually go for the box before the timer is almost over.

And what do you mean they have a cooldown? I havent noticed that at all...

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

this means chains will not attack you after 3 attacks for some time. There is only add-on that hides box aura but you can still see it in 16 meters.

If timer is over it's much harder to solve the box. keep that in mind

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

time it. wait for a chain to spawn and dodge it, then immediately solve.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited October 2021
    Options

The other commenters are correct, however i'll do you one better: Do not let the box get to that point at all costs. Do whatever you can to make sure he never picks it up, and make sure you ALWAYS solve it before the chain hunt begins, leave at least a 15 second window between picking it up and the chain hunt beginning to assure you always solve it before it begins.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

And best time to solve it is when pin head is preoccupied with since so he can't just immediately teleport to you like when he's carrying a survivor or in chase. Also be best to position yourself in an area with good loops.

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20
    Options

I struggle against him too. His box is really powerful against survivors that arent in comms together.

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

He has an irridescent add-on that hides the boxes' aura until the chain hunt activates so that could be a possibility.

But if you can't find, or get to, the box before chain hunt activates just be patient. As someone said the passive chain power attacks in waves of 3 chains. Try to dodge them and wait until they stop and start working on the box.

Either way if he teleports to you, or you complete the box, the passive chain hunt power is reset.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

A decent SWF, pinhead is solo Q destroyer. But wait for the chains to attack and try to make sure pinhead is far away so he does not come and down you, and or interrupt you. And solve it behind an object so the chains don't grab you.