Accusations of tunneling and camping.....

I have had a few games tonight where some angry people have messaged me saying I am camping and tunneling when the other survivors are obviously around the hook. I will not leave the hook if I know they are waiting there and I do try to get them but they rush the hook. I hit the person unhooked because it is logical. I do not see this as stupid play but I get called some fairly rude things. Am I in the wrong? 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited December 2018

Accusing you of using legitimate strategies? How dare you.....

Seriously, just ignore them :smile:

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    @Captain_Spaulding @Master I will ignore them XD just frustrate me when people do something stupid then blame me. I will take full advantage of stupidity! 
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Exactly @Dead_by_David. God forbid you use strategy against 4 people and try to win. You're supposed to hook then ignore them if they're swarming the hook for points and run tot he other side of the map. That's all they want. Jeeze how dare you assume they want to be hooked too lol. Just kill em all say gg in end chat and queue up for next match

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

You have to let them unhook for free, have free reign of gens and only hit them once. Please don't down the survivors or hook them and by all means, please let them escape.

Otherwise you are just a baby killer and will get called every name under the sun. And probably reported for playing the game wrong.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Attackfrog said:
    You have to let them unhook for free, have free reign of gens and only hit them once. Please don't down the survivors or hook them and by all means, please let them escape.

Otherwise you are just a baby killer and will get called every name under the sun. And probably reported for playing the game wrong.

Of course. After all, if you actually try to get kills, you're a noob. If you succeed at getting kills, you're a toxic noob.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Orion said:

@Attackfrog said:

Of course. After all, if you actually try to get kills, you're a noob. If you succeed at getting kills, you're a toxic noob.

You gotta chase em though, otherwise they don't get those chase points. And RESPECT THE PALLET!!!

And make sure the give them the slap on the ass as they teabag you at the exit gates!

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

thank god ps4 doesnt have an end game chat.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@Captain_Spaulding said:
    You're always in the wrong in their eyes. Gotta get used to it and just let it roll off your back. Just kill some more people to relax you!

You guys have to understand if someone is near the hook and you know it find them don't just stand at the hooked person. Oh and punishing the hooked survivor for a poor play by a team mate is rude BTW

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

PS4 is the most toxic DBD place it doesn't even need end game chat.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Jake_Parks_prince said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

PS4 is the most toxic DBD place it doesn't even need end game chat.

fair point. part of me wants an end game chat but it would just be toxic survivors complaining about me camping them when i havent killed anyone and both exit gates are open because everyone is swf with people in red ranks when it should be a yellow rank game (im only rank 13 because i cant be bothered playing killer because its more annoying then fun).

• irejog
    irejog Member Posts: 39

no but it does have direct messaging and friend request messaging 😂😂😥
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    edited December 2018

@Jake_Parks_prince I'm not playing to be nice. If I'm a killer then everyone gets punished equally. After all Death is not an escape. They're here to get killed or punish my mistakes by getting out.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

if a killer downs a survivor it's tunneling

• Pavilions
    Pavilions Member Posts: 14

do whatever you want to do and play however you want to play. Survivors are always complaining and hate how killers play, even though killers are so weak and can't beat survivor friends. I really wish they stop nerfing killer and giving more power to survivors. the game is started to become unfair and bad and I don't see any reason to play as a killer since playing with a survivor will be easier for you and getting points.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Some survivors call u camper because you saw them hookswarming. Instead of blaming themselves they rather blame you, that's how it works for them lol.
    Simply dont mind them.
  • Dead_by_David

@XxAtomicAlfiexX It is PS4 that I play on, my inbox is filled with angry messages!

This is part of the reason I have stopped playing survivor, so many of them just cannot just play the game!

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Just say "What's tunneling? The tutorial didn't cover that"

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Without going into my tale of woe, I turned my messages to friends only and turned friend requests off. Best decision I've ever made in regards to this game.
  • Dead_by_David

@RWoodrow I did not know you could do this, I normally just report them?

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    @Dead_by_David I did that for awhile myself but it just got...tiring? I mean, I spent more time reporting people then playing after awhile. Plus, I got the 2 that were so poorly timed, it took all my willpower to not get myself banned from PSN. 

You can turn them off in your privacy settings somewhere. I'd give you more details as to where they are found but I'm not around my Ps4 atm. 
  • Dead_by_David

@RWoodrow PS4 always seems to attract the more negative people, it used to be awful in Overwatch!

Thank you, I will have a look for the setting.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Dead_by_David said:
    @XxAtomicAlfiexX It is PS4 that I play on, my inbox is filled with angry messages!

This is part of the reason I have stopped playing survivor, so many of them just cannot just play the game!

ps4 is quite toxic but survivors are the worst in my opinion.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited December 2018

You cannot be banned for tunnelling.
    You cannot be banned for camping
    There are no rules against either.
    The "Codex" is horsecrap.
    When survivors stop hookblocking, flashlighting on pickup, dropping pallets on killers while carrying someone, T-bagging.

I will consider changing my stance :chuffed:

I run with whatever fits the pace of the game better that results in me getting the most points.

Swarm a hook and i will proxy that bad boy because you're free points.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Vietfox said:
    Some survivors call u camper because you saw them hookswarming. Instead of blaming themselves they rather blame you, that's how it works for them lol.
    Simply dont mind them.

i got called a camper and a tunneler for hooking someone in basement, going to the other side of the map to check on a gen, them getting unhooked as i was walking back, followed some scratch marks and accidentally found the survivor that i hooked previously.

• Dead_by_David

@XxAtomicAlfiexX Do not get me wrong, there are more survivors than killers so there will automatically be more toxic people playing that role. They will mostly all play killer at some point as well and there are plenty of toxic killers who are a problem. My issue is not with how people play, they bought the game as well and camping, teabagging ETC is annoying but not against rules! It is more just the people who feel the need to be vile and immature afterwards. They are the problem, not how people play.

Sorry if that does not make sense, had to use google translate a bit! xD

• Dead_by_David

@GraviteaUK That is fair play but I do not see any of those things as cheating, maybe poor sportmanship but it is allowed. My issue is when they complain about playstyles that are not cheating. Teabagging is a bit disrespectful but not as bad as a bad message.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    Simply dont mind them.

i got called a camper and a tunneler for hooking someone in basement, going to the other side of the map to check on a gen, them getting unhooked as i was walking back, followed some scratch marks and accidentally found the survivor that i hooked previously.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    That's one of the main reasons why, even me being a survivor main because of the time i dedicate to one of the roles, i don't really consider myself from that group.
    I know it's full of crybabies and i don't really feel like being part of that.
    Last week i faced an insidious leatherface, a random came over, she clearly saw him and still rescued me, no BT btw. Normally i dont take it too seriously but that moment, for some reason, got so pissed because of that random. Some survivors would be pissed at leatherface, but i knew who was the real potato there.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Dead_by_David said:
    @XxAtomicAlfiexX Do not get me wrong, there are more survivors than killers so there will automatically be more toxic people playing that role. They will mostly all play killer at some point as well and there are plenty of toxic killers who are a problem. My issue is not with how people play, they bought the game as well and camping, teabagging ETC is annoying but not against rules! It is more just the people who feel the need to be vile and immature afterwards. They are the problem, not how people play.

Sorry if that does not make sense, had to use google translate a bit! xD

i play survivor and killer equally so i know both sides but i dont understand what is wrong with some people. i have been accused of camping and tunneling for following scratch marks after an unhook. most of the killers i play against are good killers who play well and deserve props but people will still complain at them. i try to help killers i play against by telling them not to use a certain perk or something like that. i tell alot of mikes to not use distressing and to get monitor and abuse and i tell a lot of doctors not to use monitor and abuse but to use distressing. instead of being rude to people they should tell them what they did wrong.

• Dead_by_David

@XxAtomicAlfiexX This is exactly right! More better players equals more better games! I am still learning killer and people on this forum were helpful so I have had some fun games!

@Vietfox I had issues with this as well, people will purposely kill you then send a message complaining that they died!

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Vietfox said:

Simply dont mind them.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    That's one of the main reasons why, even me being a survivor main because of the time i dedicate to one of the roles, i don't really consider myself from that group.
    I know it's full of crybabies and i don't really feel like being part of that.
    Last week i faced an insidious leatherface, a random came over, she clearly saw him and still rescued me, no BT btw. Normally i dont take it too seriously but that moment, for some reason, got so pissed because of that random. Some survivors would be pissed at leatherface, but i knew who was the real potato there.

i hate people who farm and i especially hate people who farm and blame the killer. as a killer i will take the kill but as i survivor will try to make a good save. i dont care about getting bp to much so farming seems stupid to me but you still get people who do it.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Dead_by_David said:
    @XxAtomicAlfiexX This is exactly right! More better players equals more better games! I am still learning killer and people on this forum were helpful so I have had some fun games!

@Vietfox I had issues with this as well, people will purposely kill you then send a message complaining that they died!

i can give you some tips on killer if you want but i would have to know who you main.

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@Dead_by_David said:

i can give you some tips on killer if you want but i would have to know who you main.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    I play survivor/killer 60/40, and honestly i do better as a killer than as a survivor for some reason.
    Edit: just noticed the reply was for the other one.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    I play survivor/killer 60/40, and honestly i do better as a killer than as a survivor for some reason.

i used to be a better killer then survivor but i can no longer be bothered to put up with all the toxic survivors and swf. playing killer has been ruined for me and its sad because i preferred to play killer.

• Dead_by_David

@XxAtomicAlfiexX I play a lot of Spirit and Amanda because I like the stealthy jumpscare Gameplay!

@Vietfox I am a great survivor and basic killer xD

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    edited December 2018

@Dead_by_David said:
    @XxAtomicAlfiexX I play a lot of Spirit and Amanda because I like the stealthy jumpscare Gameplay!

you cant go wrong with monitor and abuse, hex:thrill of the hunt, hex:no one escapes death and discordance. i have not seen or tested that but it seems good for jumpscare gameplay and has a fail safe for if my build is horrific.

i recommend you watch Monto and bricky (specifically his case files) because there quite helpful for learning good builds and play styles.

• Vietfox

One good advise i can give you is this: play both roles.
    If, for instance, you enjoy more survivor playing as a killer makes you a better survivor.
  • Dead_by_David

@XxAtomicAlfiexX Thank you! I will use the BP event to get these perks and check out the youtubers!

@Vietfox This is true, sometimes I just think what would I do and it works xD

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Dead_by_David said:
    @XxAtomicAlfiexX Thank you! I will use the BP event to get these perks and check out the youtubers!

@Vietfox This is true, sometimes I just think what would I do and it works xD

no problem. im not sure how well it would work but all the perks are good anyway so they would be nice to have.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX

i used to be a better killer then survivor but i can no longer be bothered to put up with all the toxic survivors and swf. playing killer has been ruined for me and its sad because i preferred to play killer.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    I know it sounds weird but i do like to face flashlight disco spammer swf.
    Do i get extremely bullied? Sometimes, but when i play as a killer i just got 2 gears: move and hit, no feelings,and works pretty well. Most of the times i get 3 or 4K. Swf usually give more bps too.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Vietfox said:

XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX 

@XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Do i get extremely bullied? Sometimes, but when i play as a killer i just got 2 gears: move and hit, no feelings,and works pretty well. Most of the times i get 3 or 4K. Swf usually give more bps too.

i dont like swf because i end up playing against people way out of my league being purple and red rank when my max rank was rank 9 and im rank 14 right now.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Vietfox said:

XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX 

@XxAtomicAlfiexX

i dont like swf because i end up playing against people way out of my league being purple and red rank when my max rank was rank 9 and im rank 14 right now.

@XxAtomicAlfiexX dangerous rank for a legit rank 14/15 killer/survivor, lots of derankers there.
    I once played with a couple of friends who just tried DbD for the first time, so they were rank 20 and i was 10 because of the reset. I equipped plunderers and ace in the hole thinking that would be like a walk around the park and also because i didnt want to go hard on the killer.
    Welp, things didnt go as expected lol.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX

@Vietfox said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Vietfox said:

XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Vietfox said:

XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Dead_by_David said: @XxAtomicAlfiexX This is exactly right! More better players equals more better games! I am still learning killer and people on this forum were helpful so I have had some fun games! @Vietfox I had issues with this as well, people will purposely kill you then send a message complaining that they died! i can give you some tips on killer if you want but i would have to know who you main. @XxAtomicAlfiexX

@XxAtomicAlfiexX 

@XxAtomicAlfiexX dangerous rank for a legit rank 14/15 killer/survivor, lots of derankers there.
    I once played with a couple of friends who just tried DbD for the first time, so they were rank 20 and i was 10 because of the reset. I equipped plunderers and ace in the hole thinking that would be like a walk around the park and also because i didnt want to go hard on the killer.
    Welp, things didnt go as expected lol.

im struggling more at rank 13-14 then i was in all of the green ranks.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

If you "know" there is someone, then you should be in a chase soon huh ?

If you're not, and are just guessing someone's here (because obviously someone is gonna come to try to save his mate), you're insecure and just rely on the logic of the game by punishing altruistic action, that result in acquiring the status of a camper.

To each his own vision of playing. It's normal having messages when you have a frustrating experience while playing a game. Usually when someone gets unsafe unhook and I know they didnt even touch a gen, I just gonna down them and chase another guy, cause I know the feeling and he can have a chance to do something and have fun. We're human after all.

I'm not in the run of 4k like those lowkey toxic streamers do these days like Tru3tunnel... Playing "competitive", let me lel at you. That's not a competitive game. It's a frustration maker wannabe. But once you've understand that, you just gonna enjoy basic things like having a good chase, outmindgame, hitting a pretty dope hatchet with huntress... that is rewarding. The feeling you actually get good at a game.

Iridescent hatchet with noed and red mori ? Yes. That's inferiority complex in my opinion.

I'm on PS4 btw, and I recommend you not block your messages, there are tons of good people, survivors and killers, that help, give tips, or just become virtual friends to party with...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:
    Accusing you of using legitimate strategies? How dare you.....

Seriously, just ignore them :smile:

Use pallet toxic, use window vaults toxic, loop the killer toxic, medkit toxic, both sides complain about legitimate strategies.

@Dead_by_David Just ignore them you'll get it on both sides and they might've had an actual hard camper the game prior doing it at 5 gens.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@powerbats said:
    Use pallet toxic, use window vaults toxic, loop the killer toxic, medkit toxic, both sides complain about legitimate strategies.

MmmmMMmmm love me some Window Vaults toxic.

• Dead_by_David
    edited December 2018
    @jago I do not wait for them to come to me but if I turn around and they are stood there I won't won't leave because that is pointless. There are lots of different reasons why you would run different builds. I wused an ebony mori in my last game for the first time ever and got accused of being a try hard. I just wanted to see what it was like as I have 10 xD

I play for fun and if my fun is not the same as yours I am sorry, it is not personal :)

Edit: I have met friendly people on here as well, it is not all bad! 

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@Dead_by_David said:
    I have had a few games tonight where some angry people have messaged me saying I am camping and tunneling when the other survivors are obviously around the hook. I will not leave the hook if I know they are waiting there and I do try to get them but they rush the hook. I hit the person unhooked because it is logical. I do not see this as stupid play but I get called some fairly rude things. Am I in the wrong? 

I frequently, deliberately, not down the farmed player and gone after the farmer, and am still called a camper and tunneler. There isn't anything you can do about it.

If you know you were playing non-toxic, there isn't anything else you can do. Just gg and keep going.

On the other hand, if you want to be toxic, lord knows it's a rare game where I don't have at least 1 super-toxic survivor, so ######### 'em.

• shadychief73
    shadychief73 Member Posts: 9

yeah I was playing today. If I knew they were hook rushing I would defend. I would chase The unhooker and not the unhooked. I would purposefully come off people I was chasing to go chase someone else and was told I tunneled all game.

• shadychief73
    shadychief73 Member Posts: 9

They were SWF. So I believe group think was a factor.