Does anyone else think that dbd is dying?

Idk but I feel dbd is dying just a little bit the things that are going on in this game is just insane. The sbmm or the toxic swfs clicking their flashlight acting like their good. Idk but for the past years this game has changed alot. Im just asking if anyone else has went through this.

Comments

• Agree because there is a lot more then

that.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I don't.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

oh the games about to die alright.

• Gigante
    Gigante Member Posts: 134

Yeah, SBMM is destroying it

• I don't, i've seen similar stuff with overwatch in it's lifetime and despite everything there is still a dedicated playerbase, even though there's been no real new content for nearly 2 years.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,200

If you mean soon, then no, not even with the most recent "scandal". If you mean eventually, then yes, just like most every other multiplayer online game out there. I still give this game a few more years.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

I dont think its dying but people are starting to realise their opinion or feedback dont matter so some of them are slowly leaving.

I dont think its because of the toxicity or the swf balance or anything like that.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Yes, it is dying in my opinion.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

DBD just took a gunshot wound to the gut. Not life threatening but if it goes untreated will turn life threatening

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

The game saw a huge jump in players in June and July, but now it seems to have lost all this growth. It will be interesting to see how it trends in the near future as SBMM wears on everyone.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I say this game has at least two more years left, more if the company gets their ######### in order and starts to put out quality content.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

Honestly, between the NFT thing and cheaters being a problem, if the upcoming halloween event is disappointing I imagine there will be a down in the playerbase.

It's possible for BHVR to recover as this wouldn't be the first time the game was in a state where people just moved on to other games, but they would really need to do something to impress.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I have never once said this game is gonna die.

I am now.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2021

Tbf, Overwatch actually is dead. And Activision only has themselves to blame with regard to completely stopping all content drops for a live service game that was already beginning to struggle to retain players thanks to incredibly whacky balance, for years.

(This doesn't mean that OW 2 can't revive it, but man did they know how to kill off their own game lol)

• It's not dead. There is a halloween event in game right now. It's playable. It's just not relevant anymore because overwatch 2 will eventually replace it.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

The NFT scandal isn't going to hurt the game at all. People are already saying they're going to keep playing, so that's that.

SBMM is sucking a huge amount of fun out of the game though. If anything kills the game, it will eventually be a combination of SBMM and the devs failure to communicate with the players and make changes in a timely manner.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

I just wanted to say, I wait more time for a game in DBD then I do in OW. I'm pretty sure OW is still the bigger game between the two.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    edited October 2021

....Currently there are approximately 764K players in Overwatch. The average monthly players for the year has bounced between 6M-7M per month per activeplayer.io .

The last 24 hour peak for DBD is 53K per steamcharts. They hit 100K concurrent player count back in June and have struggled to retain the numbers.

Overwatch is still bigger than Dead by Daylight by quite a margin, and that's from what y'all call a "dead game". BHVR could only hope their dead game wouldn't drop below 6M players/month LOL

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I believe its declining for sure. The game play is becoming real stale.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

Such is the cycle of gaming. Everquest was THE titan of the MMORPG genre until WoW came along and did many of the things people were screaming at the EQ devs to do. I suspect we'll look back on DbD as a huge case of burying their head in the sand and failing to evolve in a timely/meaningful way.

A game will come along that balances for info/comms from the outset, gives solo players comms, limits perk stacking/power creep, etc. Is VHS the game to do it? No idea. But it's clear that other developers see the obvious failings of this game and see an opportunity in the genre. Only a matter of time until this goes the way of games like Everquest.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Even with the current controversy, this game will prevail because it's the only one of its kind that is successful. As much as I'd love to see BHVR burn to the ground, they're not going anywhere. If Blizzard/Activision can make it through the constant barrage of losses and sexual assault cases, BHVR can make it through a little bad PR.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 774

No, it's fine. The internet is just addicted to drama and outrage.

Take a break from it and just enjoy yourself. And if the game isn't fun for you, take a break. It'll still be here

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

A real comparison for Overwatch and DBD is Tank players and Killer players. It will not matter if you have a hundred thousand DPS/Survivors in queue if there are no more Tanks/Killers. The survivor queue is already like waiting behind a grandma counting out precise change at the market. While killer queue is like the half dozen fast food joints with six "Now Hiring" signs out front.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

It's actually been really weird my survivor queues have been near instant since the sbmm while I have to wait a tad for killers regardless of time of day.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

if any is actually getting bigger according to steam charts. MMR could start killing it tho

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Sure is, just like the last 4 years.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

:)