Can't open steam profiles in endgame screen

I think since the new update I can't click on the names in the scoreboard to open the steam links. Someone has this aswell? Is that a change on purpose ?

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited December 2018

Looking at player profiles rarely works on PS4 now, too.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Bump cuz Chinese spam 
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Same on ps4 
  • Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    Same on PC. A bit annoying. Fortunately you can go to Steam overlay -> View Players -> Recent Games to check others' profiles
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Same on PC. A bit annoying. Fortunately you can go to Steam overlay -> View Players -> Recent Games to check others' profiles
    For me that doesn't work. It shows only sometimes people, so I mostly see profiles I versed days/weeks ago. Any way to fix that? (and yes, sorted by date)
  • Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Najemniczkas said:

For me that doesn't work. It shows only sometimes people, so I mostly see profiles I versed days/weeks ago. Any way to fix that? (and yes, sorted by date)

That only works for survivors.
    Killers have to resort to these; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1548527336

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    I never tried it on killer tbh... Though, if you are invisible on steam (or offline), than recent games won't update itself
  • Slay___

@Najemniczkas said:
    I never tried it on killer tbh... Though, if you are invisible on steam (or offline), than recent games won't update itself

It used to work on both sides but for some reason it got removed from killers, on purpose.
    I forgot if a reason was said or not..

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    They removed it from killers as survivors could block them in steam and check if they were in the lobby also they could see if they played certain killers due to achievements.

I hope this is an intended feature for a test as there is no reason to see a steam profile it just breeds more toxicity, they should remove the option to see them on both sides and when you send a report it links the profile to the devs only.
  • Slay___

@twistedmonkey said:
    They removed it from killers as survivors could block them in steam and check if they were in the lobby also they could see if they played certain killers due to achievements.

I hope this is an intended feature for a test as there is no reason to see a steam profile it just breeds more toxicity, they should remove the option to see them on both sides and when you send a report it links the profile to the devs only.

Do you have a source to that reason of removal?

Anyway, I have found it handy in reporting legacy cheaters.
    Usually when I see legacy clothing I check the profile page and check the profile page age (less than 10% have changed default Steam privacy setting to show game data publicly), if the age is newer than legacy cut off date -> report. Works nicely even on private Steam profiles.

• twistedmonkey
    It was done long ago well over a year, if you want a source search the steam forums, you used to be able to see killer and survivor profiles in the lobby then they removed the killer.

As i said this was done due to survivors not only seeing what killers they played most but the fact people could block the killer in steam for various reasons and dodge.

MLGA then became a hot topic as more people started using it and they then added a way to block people which the devs then stated it is no longer whitelisted. It's not rocket science to see why both were done as players blocked for tunnelling, camping, playing nurse etc normal things in the game.

It used to be useful for file hacks for clothing as these were stored on your own hdd but these should now be caught with save files being on the dbd server, yes some can work around for a while but they will eventually be caught I'd hope.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    It was done long ago well over a year, if you want a source search the steam forums, you used to be able to see killer and survivor profiles in the lobby then they removed the killer.

As i said this was done due to survivors not only seeing what killers they played most but the fact people could block the killer in steam for various reasons and dodge.

MLGA then became a hot topic as more people started using it and they then added a way to block people which the devs then stated it is no longer whitelisted. It's not rocket science to see why both were done as players blocked for tunnelling, camping, playing nurse etc normal things in the game.

It used to be useful for file hacks for clothing as these were stored on your own hdd but these should now be caught with save files being on the dbd server, yes some can work around for a while but they will eventually be caught I'd hope.
    My post is about clicking on the names in the scoreboard to open the steam profile. Not sure why u mention this now, has nothing to do with my issue 
  • shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

@Najemniczkas said:

Sadly this method is not working when I player killer.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I'm having this problem too on PS4. Hasn't stopped people from messaging me though.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    It's a bug. I have to manually rewrite players' nicks when I want to thank them or politely complain about bad actions.
  • twistedmonkey
    My post is about clicking on the names in the scoreboard to open the steam profile. Not sure why u mention this now, has nothing to do with my issue 
    Because I was replying to what the person said above my post.