The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you DC when someone hacks?

Rougual
Rougual Member Posts: 526

Do you DC when someone hacks? 38 votes

Yes, right away.
15%
TatariuHippieJames4125teslaVoodoo101Just_Meliodas 6 votes
Yes, once the game is held hostage.
65%
Seiko300OnryosTapeRentalskodiakyTapeKnotSblitcherDimekmusstang62TaigaoxygenIcewhisperTheShape13_TDZChurchofPigDhurl421NoOneKnowsNovaGannTMBasementDwellerNazsyainGazgemauchGamerEzra 25 votes
No, I can't afford another DC.
18%
GeneralVPurgatorian[Deleted User]jesterkindlanaventusVEBER_777DRSPHILA 7 votes

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2021

I very rarely dc but since there was no 'wait it out' option I had to choose this one.

I will try to play the best I can, no matter how many fails the hacker causes. They want to anger, frustate and irritate you, that's how they get their twisted pleasure. No matter how it makes you feel in your own home, don't show any negativity in game as this feeds their own ego's.

If they get me stuck in a map, I will watch YouTube for a bit. If I am still there in an hour, then I will dc.

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177

I don't think I've run into any hackers in this game yet. What are the unmistakable things that would be noticed if I did end up in a match with hackers?

• lanaventus
    lanaventus Member Posts: 3

I have no option it punishes me for not wanting to deal with someone who’s clearly hacking it makes me not want to play anymore

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122

Yes once the game is held hostage and I write a small book in my report. 😂

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

If the game is held hostage, then yes.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

Normally i try to get as much evidence as i can get, and report them with a ticket. That's why it's really important to record them.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Yes, right away.

If I'm playing Survivor and another Survivor is hacking, I disconnect if they start using hacks on me, e.g. instantly picking me up off the ground when I get downed by the Killer. I don't want to be involved in any way, shape or form. If they aren't using hacks on me, I let the Killer kill me and watch the match so I can record video evidence for a support ticket.

If I'm playing Killer and someone is hacking, I let 'em go and play the game normally. They usually they get bored and move on.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It depends on the hack for me. If I can still play fine with the hack present, no I won't disconnect. However if whatever the hack is is lagging my game or making my job physically impossible to do (whatever the job is), then yeah.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

The "can't afford another DC" part of this answer is inaccurate but I do generally stick around and see what they do. I have to imagine ignoring them is the response that would annoy them the most.