Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The for honor colab is a joke, unless they offer more in the future which I doubt tbh

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

For honor brought out a cool new interesting game mode just to try out new stuff and also bring abit of dbd into their game. Ubistoft did a outstanding job and truly showed that they put some effort into it. However BHVR... lets say it straight up, they didnt gave a F about that. Just squishing 1 charm out and thats it. I am very dissapointed, this opportunity was the best they ever had to try out also a new halloween only game mode just try mess around and try out new stuff.

Something like a 1v1 game mode with a linear map where the killer chases a survivor and the survivor tries to simply survivor and run as long as possible to earn a better score with the time would be very cool.

Again its not there to be a new game mode for good, just something small to give us abit of new content even though if its limited.

Very sad that BHVR again made a reskin of the old events.

Comments

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I think this is more of a For Honor problem than a DBD one. Any player of it knows it's usually For Honor that gets the bigger end of the stick on crossovers.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

...How? DBD crossovers rarely go both ways, this one's just the other way around. I don't see how it's disappointing that a game has an event that DBD is promoting...

• BenZ0

that dbd again didnt really tried something unique and fun for a big event such as Halloween.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I say it's disappointing because of how much love and effort clearly went into the halloween event for For Honor. They really put some passion into it, and from playing it, let me tell you. It's an absolute blast and I love it. What did DBD get? a charm and a pumpkin. Surely they could have worked out some For Honor theme'd skins to go with the rift considering it's halloween and people like to dress up. I think there's no lack of options.

Worse yet is when BHVR said they were cutting down on other events to focus on the Halloween event. and a non-horror game gets a better DBD theme'd horror event than DBD.

• jesterkind

The Halloween event and the For Honor event are completely separate because, again, this is not a collaboration between both games any further than DBD's assets going into For Honor. It is their event, not DBD's.

People are really really caught up on the game they personally play more but this is not something that needed to go both ways. Would more have been fun? Sure! Is the fact that it didn't go both ways and BHVR just promoted that event proof they don't care or aren't putting in the effort? Obviously not, jesus.

DBD didn't get anything, because this *isn't about DBD.*

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

ok, lets just ignore the crossover for a moment and compare halloween event to halloween event. For Honor got a ton of new cosmetics, special effects, executions, victory animation and their own mini battlepass. Along with a new Halloween gamemode where a walking tank that can teleport goes around the map as a neutral entity ######### ######### up. Along with the map for the gamemode obviously being a spoopy map. This wasn't even a promised addition of being some big event, it just happened like every other For Honor event.

What does DBD get? some cosmetics, a small battlepass and you can kick pumpkins and work on orange generators. whoopdydoo. I still find just as a halloween event on it's own to be very disappointing. Especially for a horror game. I really believe if they committed to a deal where they had a For Honor theme'd halloween event it could have been amazing.

• jesterkind

Sure? I'm not really interested in commenting on DBD's Halloween event, beyond saying that I think it's fine and just needed a little more meat on the bones.

I'm specifically talking about the For Honor colab, and how people saying that "all DBD got was a charm" are being utterly ridiculous. That's what this thread was about, after all.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2021

Your opinion in all honor but I find it very sad that there are people like you who write such nonsense as this post here. First of all, we got a lot of blood points the last days. Second, we have the new Halloween Challenges with the Midnightgrove Rift. Third, on top of that, the outfits and associated charms.... for free ... 50-60% cheaper prices on the main game and DLC's.... up to 75% cheaper prices on selected outfits... free weekends to play.... everything for free and that is not mentioned ? ( it is pretended that the devs do nothing ? ) and still complain ?.... just because there is no new game mode ? and if it's not the game mode then you write: just something small to give us some new content even if it's limited." lol this is a cheek! Now seriously what do you think all those things are ? ( Halloween Rift for example ) .... as I said your opinion I respect but I in your place would be ashamed of such a post. I'm sorry, but I can not understand this

• BenZ0

If you dont mind a new limited game mode then so be it, I dont mock you for that, I also cannot understand someone like you who doesnt mind playing the exact same game for years for my part. But everyone is built different