The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

99ing exit gates should not even exist.

So the reason I think this is well.... pretty obvious,

It bypasses a whole element of the game called "the end-game collapse. This shouldn't be a thing as it just doesn't make sense. I don't think I actually need to explain why at all because you should know this. now my way of dealing with this is making the exit gates like ruin. but you don't need ruin. and it regressed at the same speed as gens or something. This has been a problem for far too long and it should not be a thing.

Comments

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

yeah, that's not why I made this but it definitely does do that. I made this because it bypasses the element of the game which makes you rush to get them before you die. and 99ing it just isn't fair because what can the killer do? open it? kind of a free escape. Do nothing but try to kill them? theyll heal take hits get them off hook then open the gate.

• Super_J
    Super_J Applicant Posts: 18

Yeah I agree it should regress.

• Mads
    Mads Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Yeah but they killer can actually open the gate, I agree that 99ing can definitely be hard but there is an option for killer to open the gate to start the end game collapse. Regressing the exit bar would be a bit difficult, depending on how fast it regresses.

• ShadowNurseZFX

i like this idea. maybe it should go to 80 though to punish them more for not keeping someone behind.

• ShadowNurseZFX
  • Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101

In that case would anything that saved your progress have to be regressed automatically? 99'ing is a tactic and not an abuse of mechanics or some kind of exploit. If the gates worked like this...

...which I'm not entirely opposed to, wouldn't it only make sense to do that to chests and generators as well? That is, if 99'ing can't happen to exit gates why would it happen to generators and chests? Or healing (which, why would you do that anyways except to get resilience value and heal last minute?)

I've never heard anyone complain about 99'd exit gates.

• ShadowNurseZFX

bro. Your missing the point of the argument. It completely counters a part of the game and it should just not work like that. and just because "No Way Out" And "Blood Warden" Does not mean it should be like that, this also pretty much bypasses the punishment from blood warden. it 100% has to go.

• ShadowNurseZFX

regression to 80% would suffice, like I said. and completely voiding a part of the game? no. what does camping and tunnelling void?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited October 2021

Idk what you mean with gens and healing, there is not real benefit to it? However 99 a gate is basicly a free escape in most situations if the survivors have enough distance or are full health or with someone to take the hit that just runs behind the injured survivor.

There are more then enough situations where this happens, this takes away alot of tension and interesting interaction. Once you have gates on 99 you dont feel unsave, everyone knows that they have basicly their escapes ensured unless they mess up really hard. The reason why survivors often take such high risks at the end game is BECAUSE it is so easy to make the escape.

Or lemme explain it in a different way. Me and my swf grps are personally haveing alot more fun when we have a very close game WITH the end game timer running and we are trying a desperate save on somone with potentialy more sacrifices but we still are not mad to die, we are happy since we tried to pull off a risky move with alot of tension and sweats while the timer is going.

And this 90% mechanic of me should provide this kind of gameplay. I dont want to have a easier kill in the endgame, I want a longer endgame, instead of a quick save with borrow and everyone makes it out without any effort or risks.

I wouldnt mind if the killer isnt supposed to grab survivors on gates aswell just to make it abit more save with the 99 stuff on gates.

• ShadowNurseZFX

fair. but u can run DS, BT, Guardian, Many perks, and good survivors can counter camping and tunnelling , good killers cant counter 99iing gates

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Some kind of change would be very welcome.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    edited October 2021

Imo it should have regression checkpoints 25%, 50%, 75%, opened. If you 99 it, it moves the gate back down to 75%

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

no way out is really good I'm surprised a lot of killers don't run it.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

I never said they voided anything, I said constant regression voids a viable tactic for the last survivor. However, if you want to be technical, they void an entire player from playing?

I also made my post before seeing someone else's suggestion of 90%, which I'm not opposed to

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2021

Or simply change NOED to:

“Whenever a survivor stops powering an exit gate the power begins to regress.”

It’ll be a slower regression than Ruin. Then make it not a totem. It simply activates the moment a survivor steps off the gen for any reason. It’s called NO ONE ESCAPES DEATH. ESCAPE. Implying it should be based around the exit gates in which players escape through. That’ll help against gen rush also imo if the killer manages to kill 1 or 2 survivors.

That way the killers can keep survivors in with enough pressure. Especially if there aren’t too many survivors left. If the killer is ranged, mobile, etc. As opposed to just using an exposed totem that could’ve been broken at the very start. The new objective for killer is to block the gates like a soccer match.

That’ll also make it harder for survivors to leave overall. They’ll have to make more critical decisions. Whenever multiple survivors want to rescue their hooked friend they must open the gates first (Putting them at risk to Blood Warden), or have someone constantly powering the gate (Tapping) as it regresses. That’s one less person to come for a rescue. Meaning players will leave more, giving killers their sacrifices.

A lot of times you’ll have them hooked during EGC and they’ll BT everyone. Then run out the gates together. 😂

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

i dont agree that will make the 1 v 1 scenario completely hopeless with 25 ning the gates if doors are spread.

• Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101

Well with healing that was more or less a joke idk why you'd ever want to 99 your healing, and I could explain why 99'ing a gen can be good, but that's off topic. My point was just that 99'ing isn't unique to just exit gates, and that it's a completely fair strategy. It's a matter of investing time and preparing an escape. It's simple foresight and a use of the time you have at the moment to save yourself time later. The end game collapse is there so that survivors are pressured to leave once the gates open.

As for it being an "easy escape" I'm not sure that's fair to say. The survivors had time to leave anyways if they 99'd the gate, but why apply pressure to your teammates with the collapse and give them a sudden time limit to get to the gates? If they are healthy or so far ahead of you that they can hit the switch, squeeze through the doors, and run out, then something happened to put them in that advantageous position in the first place.

And like other people have said, there is No Way Out and Remember Me to help stall the end game even further. A 99'd gate is certainly not a free escape. If you pop that exit gate your whole team (including the killer) now has however long to get out or kill everyone.

Consider as well that the collapse activates when you close the hatch on the last survivor, and if the doors aren't 99'd at least then they're probably dead, so it helps in that scenario too. It's just a benign, completely fair strategy. Survivors invested their time well, and should totally be rewarded for it.

That said, I do not oppose a small regression to 90% if that were to be implemented.

• BenZ0

Ye you are also right, I guess it is something that can be arguered around with but I do understand your point. It is also a matter of different opinions around what is fun for some one and what not. I would understand if ppl would get upset having a "forced" timer on the end game.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

My suggestion is to use lights as check points so regression can't get less than 25/50/75% depending on number of lights

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It’s not that it’s hard to get value out of Blood Warden, it’s literally impossible. I can never get that stupid perk to give me value.

• BenZ0

ye well I believe that 75% is way too much of a regression.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

No One Escapes Death rework idea: "Expose survivors who are within 5 meters of the exit gate switch. This effect lasts after they exit the area for a number of seconds equal to the number of hooks you got during the trial."

• ShadowNurseZFX

fair enough, i still think just regressing to 80% will suffice

• ShadowNurseZFX

yes but that is not my point, it voids a game mechanic and blood warden and you don't get punished

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Sorry but 99ing a gate is depending on the game, the situation via survs. As a surv you get a feel of the game, how many times a team mate has been hooked, whose got what perks, it doesn't need to be swf, you just sorta know pending on peeps rescude you, not sure I see why this is an issue, as for Killer 99 doors there is time for perks to happen and noed and well other things -.-

• ShadowNurseZFX

good survs can counter tunnelling and camping, and slugging, how can a good killer counter 99ing gates if they're not patrolling them, even a nurse cant do much as well. 80% would suffice though, I just want it changed

• ShadowNurseZFX

so ending your pressure and control to open the gate and perhaps giving them a free escape? No Lol.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I've hated 99ing gates from the getgo and I think the whole endgame phase needs a complete overhaul, hatch included. The endgame is meant to be this big intense moment, the highlight of the show, but it's really just a big middle finger to the Killer because of how much power the Survivors have. Yeah, they did all of the gens, but there should at least be some more options for the Killer to make a comeback besides using NOED or snowballing with something similar.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

If you're not trying to have EGC happen, why are you whining about wanting it sooner? Because that's what would happen.

EGC is not a killer or survivor aid - it's just meant to end the game. That's it.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    edited October 2021

so i have to bring a perk to counter a strategy that counters a game mechanic? no it should just not be a thing flat out

• ShadowNurseZFX

because it counters an entire mechanic, and personally i 100% think 99ing is an exploit

• ShadowNurseZFX

80% regression is something id agree on. now with this the problem is it counters an end game mechanic and survivors don't have to sweat too hard once its 99. if they made it regress to 80 it would make the survivors more thoughtful of what they would do. and if someone has to stay and would create a more interesting end game

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

the numbers could be tweaked for sure but the main point is that regression should be a thing

• ShadowNurseZFX

yeah it is, survivors can exploit this by 99ing and the game wont end. this is exactly my point ,and they don't have to be put under pressure if hey 99 gates, 99ing will save you so much. and "opening gates" as killer is just a bad move. and maybe i do see it as a tool for kills, kind of... they're stalling the game completely to save their teammates. On top of this they should be punished for staying too long after collapse, if they try to 99, it goes to 80, or 90 Im not fussed. but it just is too dull and too safe.