We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Did all Pyramid Head mains left him for Nemesis ?

Anara
Anara Member Posts: 1,297

I havent seen a single Pyramid Head since months.

Maybe one but I cant remember.

I think it has something to do with the release of Nemesis.

However Ive seen a looooooot of Nemesis. I play against him every day I play.

Comments

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

Faced one 5 minutes ago. I still see him from time to time, more often than some other killers

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 247

When more people get the "feel" for Nemesis tentacle strike he will move up to A tier IMO. He has decent pressure with zombies though it's a bit RNG, and he can hit through pallets and vaults and is good on most loops. The survivor cant see where the tentacle is going to strike either like PH's punishment of the damned.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

I think he's a bit too slow to be fully A material. I certainly think he can dominate the B section because nothing really stops his whip once in a tile. If he got some QoL changes similar to Plague in regards to that first tentacle hit being less of a momentum breaker and maybe making Marvin's blood base kit (or some middle ground to just get out of T1 faster it's so bad) without putting more mutation addons (unnecessary) yeah he could easily be A tier. His power is solid regardless of zombies, it just needs to 'feel' better and not just feel like it drags on.

Main reason why I've shelved him is this. I can't stand this bug whatsoever.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Pyramid head “main” here, he is boring as hell to play as his power is way too straight foward

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 797

I still play him every now and then but sadly I don't think I can still call myself a Pyramid main since I've been hooked on Blight since they console buffed him in May.

Blight's incredible strength and unmatched fun factor was a big part of why I left Pyramid but it's also to do with how just... not good Pyramid felt, they made him so sluggish with the nerf and the Rites of Judgement audio sync bug was kind of the nail in coffin.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    edited October 2021

Nemesis is incredibly fun to play, fleunt, with very good chase, great pallet breaking, cool AI minions. A perfect fun killer to play even with all his weaknesses.

In other words, he's next in line for the nerf hammer to send him into the void of never getting played right next to billy and now slinger too.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm not a Pyramid Head main but I actually enjoy him for his Trails and the Cages more than his ranged attack. 🤷‍♂️

• zeplore
    zeplore Member Posts: 95

Pyramid Head has been bugged for 30+ days, he feels terrible to play

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

I don't know why they would considering pyramid head is way stronger.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

Because Nemesis is stronger than Pyramid Head

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Nemesis is easyer to play and the tentacle strike is faster compare to the punishment of the damn. I dont think ph is way stronger a single buff to nemesis first strike would make him stronger compare to ph in my opinion

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

not a main pyramid head, i usually use al the killers, and after the nerfs i stopped using him.

yeah, he indeed is strong and all, but i find him quite clunky and boring(after the nerf), i'll rather use nemesis because he's is more fun and still strong.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

i used to play piramid more he is still decent and fun most time... but he feels bad after the bug, it feels odd.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I think Pyramid-Head is more forgotten than Plague.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,224

I've faced a Pyramid Head this afternoon, and it was a darn fun match! But there have been more Nemisis's (Nemesae?) than Pyramid Heads. Not sure that people have moved from one to the other though, since their powers are fairly different.

But those zombies are just such fun to face!

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited October 2021

Agree with the first 2 but not with the last one.

Nemesis tentacle requires by far more control and knowledge and muscle memory than Pyramid heads punishment.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I do enjoy Nemesis more than Pyramid cuz the tentacle has much more depth into it and feels much more smoother and fun to use. And the zombies are quiete handy and funny if you get a free hit or down.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

the thing about piramid that i will say is that most casuals left him so when u see a piramid is almost guaranteed gonna be a good one (not like skill ceiling is too high for him to learn but still)

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I pretty much main PH and I can't stand playing Nemesis. I think a lot of PH players are just waiting for the bugged animation to be fixed. It doesn't actually affect gameplay but it's really annoying and distracting

• Anara
  • JND
    JND Member Posts: 12

I do not disagree with you. I think they're both hard in their own way, Nemesis has a tiny hitbox, but Pyramid head takes a long time for it to actually hit. I should've reworded that last one.

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567

i don't know what it is but every time i bring pyra out survivors are [eep]ing awful to me, between that and them screwing up the m2/m1 fakeout and the weird animation desync it just hasn't been particularly appealing to play with him, even if the interest is still there

i do way better with nemesis who i only have at lv1 i.e. only have rank 1 lethal pursuer and that's it anyway, i don't know if it's because for some reason my pyra mmr is insane and flips a tryhard switch in people's brains when they see one or what, i've started getting full meta + partial swf groups with nemesis and it just doesn't matter even given the freebie health state + speedup vs whip, 9+ hooks constantly

also zoms are very amusing when they get up to some shenanigans

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277

Agreed. I've been tryna get into Pyramid Head and it's been a bit boring using the power. It's really sluggish and clunky and kicks you in the mouth if you miss. Nemi is arguably stronger than Pyramid Head if we just compare anti-looping, but the tunneling potential with Pyramid Head is definitely something to keep in mind, then again, survivors will straight up abandon loops to avoid Torment just because they know how badly it can damage them later, so saying that Nemi is stronger than PH is honestly a toss up for who is better. Nemi also has way more depth to his attack just like you said and it honestly adds so much to the chase that PH doesn't have, along with PH being hilariously dodgable without range addons

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,778

This is exactly why I hadn't been playing him - the animation being off was also throwing me off and I was constantly missing shots. Yesterday was the first time I'd played him in over a month.

Also they "fixed" the animation bug by changing the sound timing to be consistent with the delayed animation. So they didn't even fix it, it's just not as bad as it was.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If they didn't, they should really consider it.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited October 2021

Thing is that Nemesis have a faster power and you can A and D around loops to whip survivors while as PH you don't have full control, his power is slow and shows the landing zone giving survivors a small window to dodge most of the times.

PH Punishment of the Damned isn't very good. But i think his true power is being able to ignore DS and executing survivors and thats unique of him. Although i still prefer Nemesis, oh and being able to destroy pallets its a nice plus.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I think the issue is just his power in general. The tormented part is great, being able to bypass quite a few of the most meta survivor perks is great.

But his punishment of the damned is just too slow and clunky. Even just average Survivors are able to completely dodge it with the slightest of movements, even if you're angling it perfectly.

It's kinda the same issue with Doctor right now. The delay on his shock is too long even with add-ons that it doesn't really do what it's supposed to do, which is shorten chase times in loops.

At this time, I only really play doctor for his information he gives and the affects of madness. Same thing with Pyramid head. Only really use him for getting around meta perks.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

PP head has way to many counters and is the most telegraphed killer in the game. He can do better than a basic m1 killer, but there are better options that won't be frustrating to play.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

I bought the game specifically for PH and I barely play him. The nerfs left his power feeling bad to use and it's already buried under layer upon layer of self-imposed restrictions that limit it to anti looping only. His cages are also the single most overrated killer sub-power in the game. Not to mention he has the worst addons of any killer (and they've never been looked at, despite his power being nerfed four times and all of his perks being buffed (with low actual value gain).

You don't see many of him because he's just not that fun to play.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I like Pyramid head it's just right now he's bugged, Even though the patch notes says it's fixed,

Also there isn't that much pyramid head players cause he just is so clunky. He used to be pretty nice to play but the "nerf" they didn't actually nerf how strong he was, just how fun he was.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

He's in the top 3 for height, so you see him coming. His basic walking is one of the loudest in the game. Planting his Great Knife is louder than gens exploding. Despite having a ton of "undetectable" nonsense on his perks and addons, nothing silences (or even softens) his tremendous noise output. For SOME REASON the survivors get a big red "don't be here" zone indicator for his shockwave before he uses it. His turning ability vanishes when the knife is in the ground, in addition to slowing him WAY down when you plant it and when it's in the ground. There's a huge start-up on the shockwave and it takes a surprisingly long amount of time for the consecutive segments to actually reach their maximum range. And the recovery from using the shockwave - hit or miss - is 2.25 seconds (which is halfway between a missed basic attack and a successful basic attack, making it extremely punishing if you aren't always connecting every time.)

And that's not even discussing how terribly throttled Torment Trails are. He was designed pre-nerfed and so many people complained on release that he got wave after wave of additional nerfs instead of survivors just learning they need to move slightly to the left or right instead of standing still.

• Anara

I can agree on the fact he was funnier to play before the unecessary nerfs