Why do survivors BM?

Options
razberrypizza
razberrypizza Member Posts: 132
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I would honestly like to know. It is basically the easy mode of the game and everytime they win, its always the same old standing at exit gates for 2 minutes thing.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• razberrypizza
    Options

Its almost like they want killers to run 4 meta and tryhard every match

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567
    Options

i wouldn't find much of a point of being a [clam] effectively cheating with stretched res/voip swf but then i wouldn't use stretched res/voip swf with actual tryhards in the first place so beats me

even when killers give me a reason to hate them like relentlessly tunneling a friend or myself to death i just play as hard as i possibly can and stare at them with my burning ire at the pallet

• Nayru
    Options

usually you do something to get whapped on hook by killer, it's a bit more clear-cut there

• Nayru
    Options

that's what 'usually' means ye, synonym with majority

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Toxicity is evident from people on both sides of the equation. Why do people do it? It's probably a sign of my age to say this, but a lot of people nowadays don't just understand the concept of good sportsmanship. For some people, being a graceful winner or a good sport when losing is a concept that's alien to them, which is a shame.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Because it's easy. Like how Survivor is easy when you have teammates who aren't literal potatos. It's easy to act cocky when you have everything stacked in your favor.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

People BM in this game mainly because theyre insecure about their skill.

They arent very good to reliably "win" so when they eventually get a win, they BM. If they consistently "won" there wouldnt be a novelty and they probably wouldnt BM...

Basically anyone who tries to be toxic just shows how unskilled they are =/

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I would say it’s the same reason that people bm in sports, drive like reckless maniacs on the highway, pick fights in bars, bully classmates in school, and create computer viruses — it gives their brains that little spurt of feel-good chemicals and makes them feel like they actually have control over some tiny aspect of their lives which are otherwise in shambles specifically because of their disposition toward such behaviors!

I’d like to add to this list the people who refuse to walk 5 steps through the parking lot to put their shopping cart in the return.

• razberrypizza
    Options

I shouldve worded it better, but most survivors that have won in my games tend to BM, meanwhile any game ive played as survivor plays out with no bm from the killer at all, its clear, in my experience at least, that it is mostly survivors who bm.

• razberrypizza
    Options

It makes sense because survivor doesnt require much skill

• razberrypizza
    Options

9/10 times ive seen toxicity on the survivor side, killer, not so much

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,802
    Options

Bming is usually done to bring out a reaction

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Lets be honest. Skill doesnt mean you'll "win" on either side. Theres too much RNG in a game like this.

Pallet numbers/spawns, tiles, basement and shack positioning, gen layout, totem spawns, etc. is all uncontrollable.

No matter how good you are if the match RNG is not in your favour then you've lost the moment you load in...

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Can confirm, I am BM even when losing. I just enjoy hammering their smashed face on hook. It makes me smile.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    edited October 2021
    Options

It happens on both sides and I don't get why people get bothered about it still lol

It's a game just move on to the next and ignore them.

If a killer bm's me I'm just like 'okay whatever' and when survivors bm me I'm like 'okay whatever' and get on with it.

Quite frankly it's just funny to me how much people will try to get under your skin in a literal game lmao

• nixtunes
    nixtunes Member Posts: 56
    Options

Personally, I avoid BM unless it's an explicitly strategic move. If you're chilling around hook, Imma click my beamer to drag you away, likewise if I know a gen is about to pop and want to keep you away.

As for the exit gate, I chill if you're nearby so you can get a few extra hits, and maybe luck out and fetch me. After 4 years playing, I've finally found enlightenment on a Tibetan mountain and just stopped caring lol

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

First of all, survivor is not the easy mode of the game.

Secondly, I see way more killers bming than I do survivors. It's very rare to see a nice killer. Maybe once or twice a week kind of rare.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

Because people are immature and bad sports.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,655
    Options

That's the point.

I never thought implying that toxic players are bad would be a hot take.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

It's not just this. Internet generation is irresponsible. Nothing in internet is made so u are responsible for your words, that's why people show their true nature.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462
    Options

I think this is not BMing, but some kind of ritual in this game. Maybe they are worried the escape won't count if the killer did not see you.

I usually break some pallets or breakable walls. During the Halloween event, you can smash some pumpkins.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
    Options

yeah after playing this game for many years now I just do what ever.

Fuck everyone in this game. ######### my team and ######### the killer.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

That's a good point. Internet anonymity certainly makes people interact with others in ways they might never do so if those interactions were in person.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I love playing Wreck It Ralph and then searching for hatch. On some maps, anyways. On the garbage ones, I just force them out a$ap.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

After being camped and tunneled over and over again in low ranks, most survivors learn the true nature of most killers in this game and try to retaliate to them when they get better at the game. When I started playing the game as a survivor, I was BM'd countless times, like being left to bleed out when I was the last survivor in the game of getting facecamped with no reason. After that I learned to always drop a few teabags before leaving escaping as a nice "thank you" to all the killers, who are mostly toxic by definition. Now it's mostly a habit.

Well, now that I play both roles about equally, I also BM survivors when I suspect them being in SWF, or any survivors I play against after a game with SWF, for all those miserable torments with endless flashlights, stuns and bodyblocks. So I guess it works both ways.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Had someone hack and the rest of their team BM'd me, it's a power thing.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Because they want to. Looking for any "deeper" answer to why anyone BMs is at best a waste of time, at worst a path to creepy garbage like making blanket assumptions about the mental state and irl personality of stereotypical survivor/killer mains or whatever else.

The only real exception is people that believe "vent games" are anything but an absolutely garbage thing to do. You know, they have a bad match and take it out on entirely unrelated player(s). Honestly forfeit all right to complain about BM, especially since I've yet to see someone doing that kinda stuff consider that whoever got them mad in the first place might also have been doing a "vent game" 🙃

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    Options

Same reason everyone acts like jerks online, be it games or social media, anonymity brings out the worst in people. Historical war crimes come to mind for me, people felt indistinguishable from their peers when apart of military factions which imbued them with enough confidence to commit atrocities against civilians at their mercy, just coz.

• Rhoska
    Rhoska Member Posts: 273
    Options

"Let's not divide ourselves".

Then proceeds to divide into two groups....

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,947
    Options

Teabagging by the exit is normally just an insecurity issue deep down, even though on the surface it appears as gloating. Maybe it's the first time they escaped for a while so they need to big themselves up, but ultimately it's just to cover insecurity. Sounds weird because they won, but it's not uncommon.

However, teabagging during the game up until then is actually a legitimate tactic, as it may either distract the killer from chasing other survivors who are either injured or struggling, or distract killers from survivors doing gens.

Unless it's after the game or pretty much when they know they cannot be beaten (unless Blood Warden) then it's a part of the game.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348
    Options

If I am in an exit gate it is more of me trying to make sure others get out or if I need to go for a hook or you know a stupid tome challenges where other survivors have to escape before you

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

Because it inflates their egos

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

Because they're dicks.

Killers can BM too tho, just fyi

• violetcherries
    violetcherries Member Posts: 37
    Options

As someone who teabags, clicks and points... I can't kill the killer myself, so the next best thing is to impact the killer's emotions as this usually has consequences for the way they play - i.e. they get tilted and start tunnelling and hence this benefits my teammates.

It's just another tool. And it's crazily effective. Killers take a teabag very personally, for some reason.

Teabagging at the exit gate - that's kind of a little cheeky celebration. Like: yeah, you thought you could KILL me, nice try bud. I survived your attempts to cut my match short.

When I play killer, I LOVE survivors who teabag or flashlight-click. It just looks funny.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

If you think solo q is easy mode, then your doing killer wrong.

Plus, don't be naive, both sides BM, if you're a BMer, you probably do it regardless of the role you play.

• Clevite
    Options

So, blame the victim mentality?

It's okay because YOU can understand why the killer does it?

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

It’s so true! This is off-topic, but it relates:

There is a famous psychology experiment a while back (I think in the 60’s maybe?). There would be a man in a windowed room answering math questions aloud. Behind the glass is a researcher and a random person.

The man answering questions is an actor. Whenever he misses a question, or times out, the random guy behind the glass pushes a button that shocks the actor. (He doesn’t actually get shocked, but he ACTS like it, so the guy with the button believes he’s hurting the man in the room).

Every time the shock button is used, they also have to dial up the voltage a notch. Eventually the actor is screaming in agony, begging, pleading for mercy. The person with the button doesn’t want to push it, but there’s added pressure. Remember, a researcher is standing there with them. He will calmly tell you to push the button and continue the experiment.

Even when the actor pretends to be unconscious (or dead?), the button must still be pushed upon timeout of a question.

Ok so all of this was to find out how far people are willing to go, even under the pressure of an authority figure. In most cases, people would refuse to push the button after the actor started screaming.

But here’s the part that relates to your post. They let some of the participants wear a paper bag over their head for a feeling of anonymity. Holy moly, almost every one of these people would zap the actor to the point of unconscious….and beyond!

So yeah, the anonymity of the internet is no different. It really has a strong effect for allowing people to unleash their dark sides!

• Nayru
    Options

sure, if that's where your gymnastics brings you, in the thread about figuring out why survivors bm and pointing out to a slight derailment that there's a bigger cause and effect relation with killer bm than survivor bm

i never said i liked it, that it was okay or that anyone was at fault so please avoid strawmanning me, much obliged

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

You ask why survivors BM while being dismissive and insulting about survivors in general. So what about that attitude inspires anyone to treat their opponent with respect?

I don't BM as a rule because I'm above the age of 12, but simple math will tell you why you will get more survivors with a bad attitude than you will with killers. It's not a survivor-only problem, though I will concede that 'mob mentality in a match can encourage others to follow suit. I'll also point out I don't consider perks/tactics/anything purposely implemented in-game to be used, as toxic. My beef is usually what happens after match.

Literally just had a game with camping Iri Huntress who made the effort to message me after the match to inform me they would come to my home and engage me in practices against my will. Presumably, because my perk build made it difficult to camp or slug the entire team.

It's an issue entirely due to internet anonymity allowing players to believe they have massive E-Peens and can get away with stuff they wouldn't dare try in real life. Been here long enough to know that despite it being more noticeable on the survivor side due to the aforementioned numbers and mob mentality, Not seeing it as much from killers does not make it a survivor-only problem. It's a terrible people problem.

• Clevite
    Options

I was referencing your statement about how, when a killer does it, you can understand why.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,288
    Options

killer good :)

survivor bad >:(

This discussion has been closed.