Midnight Grove Event Challenges - Bug or Not?

So I've recently noticed that in a couple of the new Midnight Grove Event Challenges (Halloween Hook and Scrap Yard) are not working the same way as the challenges in the last Rift Tome. Instead of counting the total number of TIMES you are hooking on a tangled hook, or kicking a generator, it seems to be counting the number of DIFFERENT hooks or generators you are performing the action on. A friend of mine was working on the Halloween Hook challenge last night and despite traveling farther to hook the survivors on the tangled hook (there were only 2 in the trial) and getting about 5 hooks total, he only got credit for ONE hook in the challenge.

This morning, the same thing happened to me with the Scrap Yard challenge. I was playing the Wraith and really just doing a lot of generator kicking to prolong the game so I wasn't really keeping track. But when I finished the trial, I only got credit for 4 of the 5 generators. I know I was kicking them correctly so the only thing I can deduce is that I only kicked 4 different generators since the survivors finished a couple of generators early on before I got to them to kick them.

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior? Is this how they meant for it to be working? Should I report this as a bug? I haven't seen any other comments about this so I thought I'd post. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Comments