Spirit's new addon Dried Cherry Blossom...

Options

I've finally managed to be able to play with it - around five games or so and here's what I've learned about it: you literally cannot hide from Spirit. At all. The killer instinct even goes off when a survivor is in a locker. I had a match where I was chasing this Mikaela and this Yun Jin tried to body block for her so I injured Yun Jin who then got sandbagged by Mikaela. I hook Yun Jin then as I was about to leave the area it dawns on me I don't think I ever saw Mikaela leave or seen any scratches leading out (there were no boons up) so I phase and low and behold she was indeed hiding nearby for the unhook so I got another free down.

Another instance where I hooked a Claudette and saw someone on BBQ so I go over there, searched for a second around the operated gen, phased and found Jake hiding behind a tree. A Nea hiding behind a wall.

This is both a good and wild add on and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's nutty. Almost too nutty. I combine it with the iri teacup and... yeah. There really is no escaping Spirit with Dried Cherry Blossom.

Comments

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I'm not sure if they should remove this or no tbh. On one hand it's definitely better then pre nerf spirit on the other hand, it's a purple and it has a pretty sizable drawback.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

"free down" is negating the time wasted if no one was there.

4 meters is fairly small. Guess it fine for tile sweeps.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Well you're right. When I realized the Mikaela never left the area, I just took a guess where she could be hiding if she was and I did sweep around the tile. I shouldn't say it was a free down... I had chased her and got her off guard then but I get your point nonetheless.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

It's 100% better than pre nerf Spirit. I'm not the best Spirit player and I've only lost one time since using that add on and it's cause I didn't play well and they were good efficient survivors.

But the other times it felt borderline unfair to the survivors. ;_; You can't even stop mid chase with Spirit and hide behind a tire so she comes out phasing a whole different direction. It's so nutty. I'm definitely conflicted about it rn.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about the add on as well as a Spirit main. I feel like it needs a repurpose because add ons shouldn’t just do all the work for you especially on a strong killer like her.

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567
    Options

sometimes it feels like people would be happier if all her addons were meme-y and caused aneurysms trying to get to work

of the reworked bunch that's pretty much the only solid one and somehow there's a problem with the fact spirit can actually still find and hit people

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

I think Cherry Blossom itself alone is not a problem. 4m range isn't close to OP in my opinion.

I'd rather say Mother Daughter Ring just synergizes very well with it.

But I wouldn't say MDR, Cherry Blossom should get nerfed to the ground when current Stridor is ultimately useless against Iron Will and her most good green addons got deleted.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Did you not realize that killer instinct sees through lockers?

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I honestly wish it were like that for killers in general. With the condition that all their base kits are made solid if they arent of course

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567
    Options

it'd probably be significantly less fun if killer addons were all like freddy pallets for example and their base power was less addon reliant, and also a big hit to the variability in the threats a killer can present

spirit's just a weird case in that except for the screwiness with duration being better cooldown than cooldown she had one of the most overall solid and impactful addon sets ever designed and they did a complete 180 and ruined what they actually did right

and then they still left m-d/yakuyoke intact if fixing the former's issue finally

i'll never understand, but often times the devs remind me of another set that also always took some very questionable design routes in a pvp game

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

Dried cherry blossom and mother daughter ring might actually be stronger than yakuyoke amulet

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
    Options

On the other hand, she got a lot of trash addons, so...

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

Didn’t BHVR say they nerfed keys because you shouldn’t win games only because you brought an item? This addon does the exact same thing, you can’t throw her off with your scratchmarks anymore. They gave her a bit of counterplay but gave her an addon that makes her stronger than prenerf spirit.