Mods, devs, any news you can give us on fixing the infinite loading screen?

I can't play this event because of the loading screen infinite bug. Man all I wanna do is try out the new Spirit add ons and I still can't get into a game as killer. This isn't shade or anything at the mods or devs, just genuinely curious if there's any news to when a fix may be coming.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,081

They released a small Patch on Steam yesterday trying to fix it. But I had an Infinite Loading Screen (they are not very common at least for me, two times since the Midchapter-Patch) since then.

Thing is, if it behaves like the last time they were around, every player is stuck in Loading until the one player who has the Infinite Loading Screen quits out. So a Patch on Steam does not solve it at all, if a Console-player has it. And you dont really know who has it, since you can either be stuck because you have your own Infinite Loading-Bug or another player has it and needs to quit out.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

So it didn't work then? That's unfortunate. I don't know literally anything about this bug but yeah I can see how that'd be a problem with consoles and vice versa. Really sucks too since it's hindering this event pretty terribly.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,081

Nobody knows if it worked. Because the Patch was only applied to Steam-Users, so if someone else has an Infinite Loading Screen, you dont know who it was.

• alex511
    alex511 Applicant Posts: 56
    edited October 2021

I solved it myself, in my case i couldn't load into any match from lobby at all when i was trying to do a certain grove challenge as a killer, deactivating the challenge and doing it with another killer later on did the job for me, as i did not get the infinite loading a single time before and after that i am very sure this is causing it, if i am right survivors can't do anything about it.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
  • jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20

It happens about every 3 or 4 matches for me. Every time I take a little extra time to play an event there's always a time-wasting glitch. Not only that but when you restart after being stuck, the challenge I've selected gets reset to none so I need to go back to the tome every time to re set the challenge I'm working on.

I wrote this as I am currently "stuck" again 🙄

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have had to do so many challenges twice because I forgot it resets your challenge.