What's the point of slugging

I get put down at two survivors me and someone else what happens they slug what's the point of it i'll just crawl away and bleed out because they don't get anything for someone bleeding out one the hatch doesn't spawn at two survivors or so on so there's no point to slug someone.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180
    edited October 2021

It depends

I've slugged someone because I saw someone else and decided to gamble and go after them instead. I've slugged someone because they were unhooked in my face and I'm feeling like a nice guy without letting them get away with a bad play.

Some killers slug because they REALLY want a 4K (I don't because I find that terribly boring but you do you killers). Some killers slug because they're ######### and want to waste four minutes of your time :D

There's probably a few other reasons I'm not thinking of but the context is important to answer what the point of slugging is...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

Real shame that the killer wanted to complete their objective and try to kill everyone.

Hopefully, this gets fixed in the future with bot killers.

In the meantime, at least you have enough spare time so that crawling away and bleeding out for 4 minutes w/o UB/SG isn't detrimental to your free time.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

The point is stop the last surv from getting hatch/escaping.

It makes it so much easier to prevent a escape when the other surv is already down when you hook the other one. They can crawl, but if you know where they are (bbq or deerstalker) there easy to hook.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

because killers wanna secure the 4k.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

It depends on the situation.

Some killers do it to spread pressure and secure multiples downs.

Some do it to ignore DS.

Some do it to get a 4k.

Some do it to be dicks (only the ones that down survivors to bleed out).

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,631

Even though they i think lose BP for survivors bleeding out.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

You answered your own question. "The hatch doesn't spawn at two survivors". That's the reason some killers slug in the scenario you laid out. They are deliberately preventing the hatch spawn. However, if the killer opts to hook in that same scenario, then it's out of the killer's hands. Either the survivor dies outright due to being their final hook, or they are given the opportunity to kill themselves, forcing the hatch spawn.

Now some player like myself don't give two craps about 4k's and just hook anyway, but some killers to care and that's why they do it. They want to maximize their chances at getting all four kills.